Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Did McGibblets ever get banned for his toxx?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Some dumb dumb I went to high school with is claiming he has inside knowledge that Edwin is coming back to the Jays. I don't believe him at all but his family is pretty rich and does have some sort of connection to Rogers if I recall. I would rather have him come back than Bautista but we'll see I guess.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Is Morales dh only ? Maybe Eddy will come back as a full time 1b .

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
How much is Fowler expected to get? I'd rather have him than Jose if the prices are even remotely similar

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

patonthebach posted:

So the Jays offered 4/80 to Eddie. I love this new cheap rear end management jays. Smoak as full time 1st baseman. Outfield of Carrera/Pillar/Upton Jr. 2 or 3 good relievers. This season is going to be rough.

Ugh. He's gonna end up in Boston isnt he :(

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Jerry Howarth (blue jays radio announcer) has prostate cancer . :( It was caught in the early stages so they're optimistic about the surgery but that still sucks. He's a great guy. I met him a few times , my high school baseball coach was friends with him. One time I had to call him to pick up some tickets he set aside for the team and he sounded exactly like he did on the radio. That tripped out teenage me but I guess that's just his voice :downs:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

...really? Happ, Sanchez and Estrada all had ERAs more than 50 points under their FIPs this season, I'm not sure I'd bet on them being able to do that again next year. Plus now Dickey's gone they need a #5 and this is a terrible free agent class for starters.

Liriano will be the #5, no? Sanchez Estrada Happ Stroman Liriano? He should do better than Dickey did last season I would hope.
I also think Stroman will have a better year than last and wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez did too. Estrada and Happ might regress but I could see them being around as effective as they were this year. Who knows though.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I would definitely be interested in the translation and I'm sure others on SAS would agree with me . It might even spawn a few new SAS memes

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
It was probably Mr McGibblets. Even after being toxxed he is still haunting SAS Cubs fans

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Maybe Pearce can play a lot of outfield and Edwin can still come back :smith:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
drat, seems like Japanese ballplayers don't get paid nearly as much . I'm sure there's reasons but that seems strange to me . They love baseball over there and their stadiums are huge. Would imagine there's a lot more potential revenue

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I guess I'm kinda young compared to most people on these forums but I was always under the impression that white people loved disco

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Youk's last game:

Last Game: June 13, 2013 (Age 34.090) vs. OAK 7 AB, 0 H, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 0 SB

what a stinker!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
If he ends up getting less than 4/80 I'm gonna be real upset with his agent . Screwed EE and Toronto both if that happens .

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
He could have had 4/80 and stayed in Toronto :(

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
With all the Edwin talk it reminded me , did anything happen with the lawsuit where he allegedly knowingly gave STDs to a woman?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
So what outfield options are left for the Jays to look at? Are they really gonna start Pillar/Carerra/Upton?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Saunders too, I guess. I don't see Bautista coming back to the Jays but I guess it's not impossible.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Chexoid posted:

The Jays are absolutely already good when it comes to portly gentlemen at first base.

Everything I've read seems to say that Morales is going to DH as much as possible, unless you mean Smoak/Pearce are portly?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Mild mannered John MacDonald trying to fight a-rod will always be one of my favourite baseball oddities

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Hopefully it's the next Mike Trout!

It'll be hard for me to cheer for Edwin now. I have a super annoying acquaintance who is an Indians fan, so while I wish him personal success I want Cleveland to crash and burn. Not to mention the name/logo issue

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
So with all the talk about celebrity deaths in 2016 it got me thinking that baseball lost a lot of greats as well. Jose Fernandez, David Ortiz, Prince Fielder, Vin Scully retired. Who else am I missing? Is Ichiro retiring too?

e: I mean through death or retirement, obviously. Only one of those died. :(

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
drat, can't believe I forgot a rod . I am ashamed

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Some random Blue Jays fans on twitter are suggesting that Stroman and Sanchez arn't on speaking terms because they don''t follow each other on Twitter/instagram anymore and there havn't been videos of them hanging out during the off season. Sounds like dumb bullshit but it would suck if it were true.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Visited my uncle today for his birthday and he's upset about the world juniors hockey being decided by a shootout . He said its like if a baseball game was tied and after one extra inning they went to a home run derby. That would actually be kinda cool

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I have memories of Vernon wells being kinda chunky but after looking through some pics I must have been imagining things or catching him at weird angles

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Came to post the Bautista rumors. If true it will soften the blow a little bit about losing Edwin, but I'm still kinda salty about that.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

The Walrus posted:

jd's pizza endorsement is much better than joey's, the josh donaldson special of bacon chicken and hot peppers is my jam

pizza nova is way better than pizza pizza in general

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

I like the guy on the Angels saying "that's the farthest hit ball I've ever seen in my life"

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Are the mobile versions of ootp any good?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

BasicFunk posted:

So that's what 4 catchers? The Braves must be stacking up to trade somebody. Probably Tyler Flowers.

A guy I know made a small proline bet and was in line to actually win a decent chunk of money (I think he picked 10 games or whatever the max is ) but Tyler flowers screwed it all up by hitting a game tying homer in the 9th and then a game winner in the 10th. We were gonna get him a Tyler flowers jersey for Christmas

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

The Berzerker posted:

Jays signed Saltalamacchia. We might have a backup catcher now! Yay!

Will he hit better or worse than Josh thole?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
There was something posted here once, some sort of baseball sim with audience interaction where they could choose to get a hit or bunt or even bunt foul, i think it originated on SA but I could be wrong . Does anyone know of what I'm talking about ?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

This is exactly it . Thanks !

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Jays have apparently signed JP Howell. He's better than Loup I guess !

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I never had a problem with cubs posting until Mr mcgibblets or whatever his name was came along . The rest of you guys are cool with me

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Sydin posted:

and the Cubs declined to pick up his very reasonable team option despite not having anybody else locked in for the 5th starter spot. The rumor is a lot of teams are convinced there's more to Hammel's injury than he's letting on and the Cubs - whose medical staff would best equipped to realize that - didn't pick him up as a result.
Didn't the cubs and Hammel mutually agree before the off season that they wouldn't pick it up so he could test FA? Seems like he wouldn't want to do that if he knew he was hurt bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
How does pay work in the instance of a minor league player making minor league salary getting called up to the big club for a few games? Does he get a prorated salary based on the number of games played and the league minimum? Or does a call up to the big leagues even for a few games get you the league minimum?

• Locked thread