Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I think I woke up my entire apartment building screaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I give up negativity forever

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

beejay posted:

I can pretty honestly say I am satisfied for a long time. This is the best thing ever. I can watch next year without worrying and living and dying with each game. My god.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

HOLY poo poo THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES THIS REALLY HAPPENED WHAT THE gently caress

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:toxx: apropos of nothing, if I get fatalistic about the cubs next season, probate me for a day each time, please

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This one? I don't see the "oh my god" part, but it was in the 10th at 3rd base.

someone turn this into an avatar and figure out a good title, because I want this

Or this one

Or one of bryant collapsing, smiling after tossing the final out to rizzo

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Paul Zuvella posted:

Theo has literally cemented his position as the greatest GM in the history of the sport, it doesn't matter what he does from now on. I'd imagine he keeps cashing those chicago checks for a bunch of years and then fucks off to make the Rockies or the Padres relevant or something.

I think branch rickey might beat him, but he's definitely top 5 and likely top 2

Anyway, drunk david ross is adorable

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

it still hasn't really hit me, but I'll look at news on the cubs winning, unintentionally smile, and just recite "it happened" to myself

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

The NL awards should probably go to Roberts, Scherzer, and ???

I want Bryant to win and he does have a good case but last I checked murphy was possessed by the spirit of Ted Williams

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Intruder posted:

Realtalk I would have accepted this for an Astros championship

I'm still conflicted on whether or not it was worth it

Jen X fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 9, 2016

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Of goddamn course I was joking, I'm a bisexual jew, I spent the night unable to sleep.

People cope in different ways, and one of the ways people do it is to make light of awful poo poo.

Anyway, in "lighter" news, Arrieta can go gently caress himself.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Popete posted:

Hell no, even if I liked him.

This

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yikes, Rangers.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Intruder posted:

Prospect hugging is the dumbest thing, but made infinitely moreso when the trade your team made had a tangible impact on winning the championship

I say this as someone who prospect hugs like loving crazy

Amen

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

bad boy in the boy band posted:

So sayeth Ammat The Ankh, determiner of all things deserved.

You, specifically, did not deserve the win

You can have gleyber torres while the rest of us are happy with a win and a trade that worked out pretty well for both sides

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I hope Dexter Fowler gets paid a lot of money by a team that isn't the cubs, and does well, especially if the team is in the AL :)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

This article is really cool.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yay

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The Cardinals keep saying they want to inject EXCITEMENT and ATHLETICISM into the roster for next year so I wonder what black guy they will sign or trade for.

Puig

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Sydin posted:

If this is true and it really is a straight swap as is currently rumored, the Nationals are completely incompetent. They should be able to put together a better offer than just Soler.

In any event looks like it'll be a morning headline if it happens:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/806343207651016705

Just Soler seems less like a good offer and more like the equivalent of the Royals giving the Cubs a jeep in exchange for a tricycle.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

That is a very nice trade for the cubs and I hope the Nats do something like give Jansen 7/140

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I am very much okay with trading the Cubs' fifth outfielder (with ~potential~) for one of the best closers in the game (when he's not dead)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

That's a lot of money for Chapman, but what it means is that l can't wait to see Jansen's 6/120 contract

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Inspector_666 posted:

In other pitcher news, I'm super excited to see the NCAA-schools-on-steroids wooing that teams will be doing to Ohtani next year.

Also apparently the Athletics, Astros, Braves, Cardinals, Cubs, Dodgers, Giants, Nationals, Padres, Reds, and Royals will all still be under a $300k cap for IFAs so :byewhore:

The cubs have a jake arrieta sized issue to spend a fuckload of money on instead

I hope he joins the yankees because I'd like to watch him in person but not have the cubs actually face him ever

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

CubsWoo posted:

If the deal is final I wish Fowler great personal success and even greater professional failure.

Yeah

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

Alfonseca had extra fingers. His nickname was
'El Pulpo' (the octopus)

That was the point, yes

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Sydin posted:

Probably because they didn't offer him 5/82 :v:

Like seriously I know I keep bringing it up but that's some mad dosh and I cannot even be remotely angry at him for taking it.

True, but I would be more than okay with it becoming SAS lore that Dexter Fowler is being blackmailed by Matheny

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Spoeank posted:

Favre played like 30 fewer games for the Packers than Fowler the Cubs.

Fowler was a hired gun who didn't even re-sign with the team until Spring Training was underway this year.

Yeah but he helped win the world series so he's a cub for life*

*until people forget he was on the cubs

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

They're both offensive. Because women are 50% of the populace it's easy for MLB to sell getting rid of demeaning costumes to the teams as a simple way to potentially expand in that demographic.

Unfortunately native Americans have next to no voice or purchasing power in our society at all, and so it's much easier for them to just keep saying "we'll fix it eventually". Please don't do the whole song and dance where one offensive thing going away was never actually offensive because this other offensive thing you care more about didn't go away yet. It's stupid.

You're the second worst poster in this thread

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Your Taint posted:

Who's the worst? Is it me? Please say it's me!

It was actually going to be a setup for the old "link to your own profile" trick but if you want to claim the mantle I'm not gonna stop you

Also hazing is bad in general and stopping ritual humiliation of any kind is a good thing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Puig indeed your friend

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

TMMadman posted:

It should be the Cleveland Grovers

Edit - they can only win pennants non consecutively.

Load bearing bullpens

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

A part of me wishes Maddon permanently broke him

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Abel Wingnut posted:

we've got a three-team trade brewing with mccutchen possibly going to the yankees per some dude brian bilek

Oh my god I hope this happens

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Rand alPaul posted:

You can root for EE to hit like 50 homers and still be happy when the Indians rotation gets hurt again and the rest of the team falls back to earth.

I mean that's the Detroit Tigers entire plan for 2017.

Hopefully it's also god's plan for dexter fowler and the cardinals, except instead of just falling back to earth they lose 150 games

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

It always stuns me when I remember Jason GIambi played seven years after his stint with the Yankees. He just fell completely out of my personal awareness unless I actually saw a picture of him or something.

Wait, he did?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

R.D. Mangles posted:

it is simultaneously true that curt schilling was a fantastic baseball player who should absolutely be in the hall of fame and that it is really funny to imagine how mad getting shunned is making him for being too mad, red, and nude online.

The best poster in sas is once again correct

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Do not insult the beefiest boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

IcePhoenix posted:

Every Cardinals fan is bad

Pancakes is surprisingly good, actually

• Locked thread