Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I can pretty honestly say I am satisfied for a long time. This is the best thing ever. I can watch next year without worrying and living and dying with each game. My god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Craptacular! posted:

An owner going in the HOF would be kinda gross tbh

Do you... do you not know who Theo Epstein is?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Nothing's going to get me down today. Although I 100% seriously had dreams that the earth was disintegrating last night.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

RC Cola posted:

Who's ready for the Bears to go undefeated and win the superbowl?

I'm basically personally boycotting football this year because of the head injury stuff, and the WS victory will make it much easier to make it through.

Edit: aside from a few doofy playoff posters (remember that guy that was patronizingly rooting for the Cubs in game 5 so they could just have one at home before losing? LOL) I do feel bad for the Cleveland fans. The good news is both teams will be good next year and maybe we will be back here a year from now again.

beejay fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 3, 2016

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

worldseries

edit: stanleycup

nbafinals

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Man the gif of Bryant on the last out and that Rizzo one make me well up all over again.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

If they had it on a weekend I think every highway would be backed up for miles with people trying to get into the city. It would be insanity.

I want to buy a hat but not sure what. I'm going to get the "official" world series champions hat, the gray one everyone was wearing in the interviews. It will probably just sit on a shelf. I'd like to get the 59fifty with the world series patch like they wore in the games but it's sold out. Spent so much time looking at that hat during the games thinking about what it meant and I'd like to have that to hold onto. I feel like a regular Cubs hat with a world series champions patch on it would be kind of meh. I dunno what's everyone else getting?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

It's totally just for the novelty factor and bragging rights of saying you were there. Being at Grant Park would be neat because the players will speak but yeah.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Well I am antisocial and also I can't go to the parade so I'm biased maybe.

Carl Edwards is awesome, I can't think of anything he did this season that was negative at all and I'm glad he got to play a big part.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I don't think that guy can get bored of baseball. I think he'd still be in Boston if it suited him. He has everything he wants right now. I can't think of anywhere else he could go to turn around a historical streak besides Cleveland at this point haha.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Does anyone know if the hats with the "Postseason" or "World Series" patches on them historically are restocked after the fact? Or is it done after they sell out? Specifically I want this one but it's not in stock in my size. I want the hat like they wear on the field.

edit: I don't even know if those are out of stock or they just don't make them in those sizes. :(

beejay fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 4, 2016

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I agree although I have a number of hats with older style logos on them that I like.

I keep having people telling me to get the one that says "World Series Champions" on the side patch but I don't want that one, I want the "World Series" patch because that's what they wore on the field and I was in disbelief every time I saw a player with that patch on their hat.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

One of the informal conditions to his current deal was that they would not do a QO again, I read.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

The Cubs, a team built of free agents, no homegrown talent, no drafting.

edit: lol the Cardinals are a top 10 payroll and like one good free agent's salary below the Cubs.

beejay fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 5, 2016

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Yeah I was hoping that Fowler being so front and center during all the celebrations and the SNL thing and all meant he was staying. A QO doesn't bode well for that... although he had one last year... I'll hope for the best.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I thought the Mets paying Bonilla was almost over but nope, they still have 19 years to go. That is amazing.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Dexo posted:

Is probably the worst year in my entire 28 years on this earth.

And the loving Cubs won the world series.

gently caress 2016.

This is the truth. This year I have experienced family tragedy, job uncertainty, and the loss of many beloved musical figures, and of course this election, yet the Cubs won. Such a weird loving year.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

This sucks, I didn't expect him to go to St Louis for some reason. It's lovely that he didn't even really want to go there it seems, and Cardinal fans bitching about getting him makes it even worse.

edit: It's also funny to see Cardinal fans still talking about overpaying Heyward when St Louis offered him a similar deal and just lost out. Not like they just let him walk. In fact, didn't they offer him more and fans were pissed he picked the Cubs anyway? lol.

beejay fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 9, 2016

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Yeah reddit and Twitter people are freaking out. But what can you expect.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Looks like it was more guaranteed money with the Cardinals but more per year earlier with the Cubs, plus the opt-out. Either way, people really shouldn't be acting like the Cards knew Heyward was not going to be very good so they just let him go to trick them stupid Cubbies.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Whatever :rolleyes:

Keep arguing the details and not the point

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

bawfuls posted:

It was Disco Demolition Night and the stadium was named Comisky Park after the founding owner of the White Sox

/pedantry

I assumed I was missing a joke from whatever "drunken history" is. Also it's Comiskey. :v:

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Just skimmed BFIB... Dex. :smith:

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Intruder posted:

Lol I forgot about that

I must have missed this, I just looked on my phone and didn't notice anything weird. What was it?

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Timby posted:

The way the Cubs treated him two years ago was just so unbelievably lovely.

I mean... if one of the best managers in baseball becomes available right before your window opens what can you do. You don't let Joe Maddon slip away for Rick Renteria. I swear to god Cubs fans here would be happier if we had not won the World Series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Explosionface posted:

Being happy with the Cubs winning the WS in '16 has nothing to do with stating that Renteria was treated extremely shittily by the Cubs.

Firing him after being up front and communicative throughout the process isn't really that lovely.

• Locked thread