Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I moved away from South Florida and my beloved Marlins in 2009; however, the team I grew up loving didn't love me anymore, so I said that if my team wasn't loyal to me, I owed them nothing in return. I asked around, and signed a 5-year deal with my buddy to cheer for the LA Dodgers.

When that deal expired, I signed a new 4 year deal to cheer for the Pirates, a scrappy up-and-coming team with a lot of heart and fun players. However, their window is rapidly closing, so I elected to opt-out of my deal and test the waters.

Pirates, you're fuckin' out. I'm fuckin' in. Let's do this:

quote:

I am formally announcing my free agency as a fan, and am available to cheer online, shitpost memes about our bad players and blindly support a sports franchise for 3 years, with a fan option for a fourth

Please submit offers as to why I should cheer for your team. Requirements:

-Not the Braves or Yankees

-Preference given to NL teams who actually have their pitchers hit

Submit your offers below or via PM to my agent, forums poster Skaboomizzy. Game on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

My finalists are the Mariners (I live in Seattle), Mets and los doyers.

Final decision Friday. Give me opinions

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

tinstaach posted:

I also just finished The Universal Baseball Association, Inc. a while back, Is it just me, or did it have way too much loving for a book about a guy playing Strat-O-Matic in his kitchen?
I also just finished it, and I really didn't like it. I powered through, but the twist at the end was just meh. Also J. Henry Waugh = Jehovah is a little on the nose, innit?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

After careful consideration and guidance from both my agent and God, I've decided to take my talents to SoDo. Go M's.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I want another turn forward the clock night because sleeveless jerseys rule

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Or players could adapt by learning how to hit better (or bunt one down the third base line)

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

will_colorado posted:

If the Marlins are worth 1.6 BILLION, what the holy hell are the other teams worth?

Other teams don't have Ichiro, so $0

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Tom Gorman posted:

The Marlins are just a really weird organization.

Like from the start, everything about them - leadership decisions, incredible successes over the years and equally incredible failing seasons.

I do not understand the Marlins. Every year, I have no idea if they're going to win the WS or live in the dumpster.

Marlins traded away Miguel Cabrera for 1.9 WAR out of Cameron Maybin and traded Mike Piazza for Garry Goetz.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

I haven't played in a few months so I forgot the exact line but there was one about striking out that was the dumbest loving thing ever recorded.

Clearly you've never played early PS2 era Madden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

any new #BSOHL tweets? This is all I could find:

https://twitter.com/toysubmarine/status/831152190609846272

• Locked thread