Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Ammat The Ankh posted:

For the Giants I want their offseason to be:

• Signing Kenley Jansen to be closer
• Signing Mark Melancon to be closer
• Signing Greg Holland to be closer, or if the FO is worried about him coming back from TJ, a setup guy.
• Signing Andrew Miller to be closer

If Andrew Miller got signed by the Giants, I would hop right back on that bandwagon and I wouldn't even care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Poque posted:

I have been loving warning you people for years.

I love the new Javy moon, even if I feel like the Kyle moon right now.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I take back every nice thing I ever said about Jake Arrieta's beard, and I take back every second that I ogled his muscular thighs in that Body Issue video. :colbert:

Poque posted:

WHERE ARE MY SEXY GIFS

edit: In other news, it was Giancarlo Stanton's birthday yesterday, and he and AJ Ramos are bro-ing it up in Egypt, and they also bro-ed it up in Brazil when they painted that Jose Fernandez mural a little while ago, and it warms my heart that they are friends. :unsmith:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 10, 2016

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Poque posted:

it's gone now and he looks super weird.

I know! The fact that it's gone makes it easier to hate him.

Speaking of baseball players with bad opinions about stuff, Christian Yelich definitely talked poo poo about athletes who knelt during the anthem, but no one knew about it because no one cares about anything that any Marlin other than Giancarlo Stanton ever does.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ScottyJSno posted:

Yankee fans?

Please god no

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

:cry: :cry: :cry:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Popete posted:

I had a dream last night that I ran into Bryce Harper and we discussed hitting mechanics.

Is it baseball time yet?

Once I had a dream about Bryce Harper, in which he asked me to sit on his lap. Then when I did, he wrapped his arms around me, looked over my shoulder, and browsed the internet on his phone.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Intruder posted:

I had a dream where I gave Carlos Correa my coke and he said hey kid and threw me his fedora

The drug or the beverage?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I always liked Charlie Morton for reasons that I will readily admit are completely not grounded in logic, and I will miss having him here in the NL East. Anyway

N: Jeurys Familia's wife said the Mets closer was drunk and "going crazy" on the night of his Oct. 31 arrest on a domestic violence charge in Fort Lee, N.J., according to a 911 tape obtained by NJ Advance Media.

V: Oooooooooyyyy not again :ughh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Tender Bender posted:

Lol saying your boyfriend deserved the Cy Young doesn't redeem All Lives Matter bullshit, sorry.

It very clearly doesn't, and I was just assuming/hoping that poster was exaggerating, like the ones who said that a Trump presidency was worth the Cubs winning the WS.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Tom Gorman posted:

When I was 22 I thought the Boondock Saints was a cool movie and mostly ate Totinos party pizzas for dinner. I was real excited to have two couches that matched.

I hope he gets all the money when the time comes.

I'm 29, and I don't even have two couches now. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

This is loving horrible, and I hope all the offenders are released & blacklisted.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
N: Today is Javy Baez's birthday.

V:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Someone please tell me how to feel about the Marlins picking up Jeff Locke, thanks in advance

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Poque posted:

Nobody should feel anything about any moves made by the Marlins.

How dare you :mad:

edit:

GoatSeeGuy posted:

True, cocaine can be used as a numbing agent.

:smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Who's the one in yellow?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ChiTownEddie posted:

Kinda looks like Matt Szczur.

Ah, thanks. I completely forgot what he looked like.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

howe_sam posted:

[Buchholz] was terrible in the first half of the season. Got moved into the bullpen, and was decent for the last two months of the season. But trusting him to be anything is a fool's errand.

I was seeing rumors that the Marlins were going after him, and I'm really super glad that they didn't sign TWO pitchers with known consistency/sudden-onset-terribleness issues. Jeff Locke is going to give me enough heart attacks.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

With all the Edwin talk it reminded me , did anything happen with the lawsuit where he allegedly knowingly gave STDs to a woman?

His people asked to have the case dismissed in October, and I don't see anything more recent about it. I wondered the same myself.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Some random Blue Jays fans on twitter are suggesting that Stroman and Sanchez arn't on speaking terms because they don''t follow each other on Twitter/instagram anymore and there havn't been videos of them hanging out during the off season. Sounds like dumb bullshit but it would suck if it were true.

What happened? :ohdear: I am heavily invested in bromances across all divisions.

Speaking of which,

https://twitter.com/Noahsyndergaard/status/816463280109563904

https://twitter.com/MattHarvey33/status/817143309957263365

:kimchi:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Julio Cruz posted:

This whole #nooffseason thing that the MLB Twitter account is pushing is dumb as poo poo. Today is apparently "10 tweets of Trea Turner throwing medicine balls" day.

They did Wil Myers yesterday, and I'm pretty sure they also did Giancarlo Stanton at some point in the recent past. I'm not inclined to look a gift horse in the mouth here. :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
RIP to SAS's second least favorite active player :smith:

Seriously, I never had a nice word to say about him, but this still sucks. He didn't seem like an irredeemable scumbag, just immature and quick-tempered. I liked to think he'd grow out of it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Paracaidas posted:

Did I miss something where it turned out that Jose was at fault for someone else crashing his boat, or is this just a super hosed up post?

Everyone on the boat was wasted and/or coked up, and I don't believe it was ever determined who was actually driving the boat.

Speaking of Jose

https://twitter.com/FlashGJr/status/823236000205901824

:smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Can we just collect all MLB players and their families and lock them in the clubhouse, preferably wrapped in bubble wrap just in case? Jeez.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Your Taint posted:

Is there an update on Sean Rodriguez's family? Will his wife and kids make a full recovery?

https://twitter.com/GiselleCRod/status/826205979356323840

https://twitter.com/GiselleCRod/status/826207013998825477

Sounds like good news. :unsmith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Poque posted:

I dunno, the kid is named Gogo.

I'm holding out hope that it's a goofy nickname, but all bets are off when it comes to celebrity kid names unfortunately.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Explosionface posted:

Apparently GoGo is Sean Jr., so we seem safe on that front.

Thank goodness.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
N: https://twitter.com/KenDavidoff/status/826571868945653760?s=09

V: It would be really nice if the Mets would just cut the bullshit and sign Jerry Blevins already.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

I moved away from South Florida and my beloved Marlins in 2009; however, the team I grew up loving didn't love me anymore, so I said that if my team wasn't loyal to me, I owed them nothing in return. I asked around, and signed a 5-year deal with my buddy to cheer for the LA Dodgers.

When that deal expired, I signed a new 4 year deal to cheer for the Pirates, a scrappy up-and-coming team with a lot of heart and fun players. However, their window is rapidly closing, so I elected to opt-out of my deal and test the waters.

Pirates, you're fuckin' out. I'm fuckin' in. Let's do this:

Please submit offers as to why I should cheer for your team. Requirements:

-Not the Braves or Yankees

-Preference given to NL teams who actually have their pitchers hit

Submit your offers below or via PM to my agent, forums poster Skaboomizzy. Game on.

Join us Mets fans for the following reasons:

1) The Mets face the Marlins like a hundred trillion times a season, so you get to watch the team that spurned you get annihilated a lot.
2) Noah Syndergaard's Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/Noahsyndergaard/status/826626687915823104

3) You want pitchers who hit? We got pitchers who hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L00bzJ3aTr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMFvT579ovI

(I almost linked the Bartolo dinger GIF here too... :sigh: )

4) They are natural enemies of the Barves and Yankees.
5) Batflips are welcome.

6) Despite god-like pitching and a burgeoning offense, the Mets are still not good enough to be vehemently hated by most normal people.
7) Curtis Granderson might literally be the second coming of Jesus, so being on whatever side he's on is probably a good idea.

I was going to be all "It's actually Yoelkis :eng101: " but then I Googled it and saw three different spellings for it, so who loving knows. Either way, the Céspedes eyebrow is a hell of a gene. They both look like they belong in Dungeons of Dredmor.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Arm_Fruit posted:

The New York Steven Matz.

This is the correct answer.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm sure people will disagree but the Red Sox Young Core are all pretty likeable and fun to watch.

Andrew Benintendi's name is fun to say, and Mookie Betts is exceedingly handsome, but

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Mets: They're cool

this is the way to go.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I want a Mets and/or Marlins av, but I'm entirely too indecisive to design & formally request one. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

I'd like to also add that the Marlins and Giants Fanfest pictures in my Twitter feed are making me wish 1) that I could go, and 2) that the Mets had a Fanfest. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, I just assumed every team had a fan fest. Seems like an easy way to make a little money and generate some goodwill.

There was a Queens baseball convention but as far as I can tell, there were no current players present. Also it was one day and it cost like $100.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Nathan Eovaldi and his mangled elbow are going to the Rays. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Sydin posted:

N: https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/830817229717508096

V: Thor owns, hope his pitching elbow doesn't explode.

:ohdear:

• Locked thread