Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Tempura Wizard posted:

If the mods could change this to the not-joke "Puyo Tetris coming West (Switch/PS4) this Spring" that'd be great.

This but replace coming with journeying to insert a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
yo this shits releasing April 25th (unless you live in yurop then it 28th)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
James Chen commentating Puyo Puyo Tetris
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123288845?t=5m18s

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Many blessings to everyone on this special day. If you want to throw your PSN or Switch Friend Code in here, I'll update the OP.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

does puyo puyo tetris have a color blind assist for puyo?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Cubivore_ posted:

does puyo puyo tetris have a color blind assist for puyo?

the different colored blobs are differently shaped and have unique eyes.

not sure how easy that is to read if you're colorblind though

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
This is probably the most colorblind friendly skin
https://twitter.com/OhSnappleitsDan/status/856863665798205442

There's another one that uses a color palette closer to viridis, but I think people still have trouble with that

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 25, 2017

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

This is probably the most colorblind friendly skin
https://twitter.com/OhSnappleitsDan/status/856863665798205442

There's another one that uses a color palette closer to viridis, but I think people still have trouble with that

That letter one should work. I'll give it a try when the game arrives later today.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
PSA: If you have the Japanese PS4 version of Puyo Tetris, there's an update today which updates the Puzzle League and Online to support global play. If you wanted the online-only trophies, today's a pretty good day to knock that out.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Puyo Puyo Tetris is too addictive... send help...

Also Ess is besst.

Also also Yoshi vs Capcom when?

Okay okay now that I'm done rambling: Should we make a specifically PPT thread since that actually came out now?

Keiya fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 27, 2017

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Keiya posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris is too addictive... send help...

Also Ess is besst.

Also also Yoshi vs Capcom when?

Okay okay now that I'm done rambling: Should we make a specifically PPT thread since that actually came out now?

This thread seems fine? It's a small enough genre that I'm not unwilling to hear about panel de pon or whatever else.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like playing as Ecolo because of him just slandering the hell out of my enemies when I get combos.

I wanna know that dudes story. All I know is he possess people.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I decided to try out Endurance Tetris Big Bang on the default options in PPT. It turns out the endurance part refers to when your thumb gets tired, I got 36 opponents in without taking any damage and just went gently caress it and put my Switch down.

Also, I finished Adventure mode @ ~90%, but I'm still missing a couple BGMs. Do I need to finish 3 starring everything to unlock them all or are a few locked behind other modes?

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 27, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
btw there's a kickstarter for a Tetris attack clone called super plexis ending in a few days
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1997496052/super-plexis

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

btw there's a kickstarter for a Tetris attack clone called super plexis ending in a few days
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1997496052/super-plexis

You had me until the word mobile

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
but Tetris attack sucks though

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I did like a 8-chain against a friend and then apologized profusely because it was a total accident. Any time I do something cool I'm just like "man I'm sorry."

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I did like a 8-chain against a friend and then apologized profusely because it was a total accident. Any time I do something cool I'm just like "man I'm sorry."

Is this more or less infuriating to people than going full marvel?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Never apologize. You totally meant to do that sick chain. You could do it again, but you just don't feel like it right now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

leper khan posted:

Is this more or less infuriating to people than going full marvel?

I'm not entirely sure I understand but the top of the other players screen might as well read "you're hosed" when it happens.

You get those little clear bubbles to signal some minor trash coming down, then it becomes a junk puyo to signal a whole row is coming. A red puyo that signals like 4-5 rows are coming. Then it turns into a star because you aren't going to live. Then a moon because it's just rubbing it in at this point.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
PPT is good but I'm starting to get mad Starcraft-style ladder anxiety off this poo poo

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm not entirely sure I understand but the top of the other players screen might as well read "you're hosed" when it happens.

You get those little clear bubbles to signal some minor trash coming down, then it becomes a junk puyo to signal a whole row is coming. A red puyo that signals like 4-5 rows are coming. Then it turns into a star because you aren't going to live. Then a moon because it's just rubbing it in at this point.

Yipes

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Thank you for digging that up. I love Yipes.

Yeah, this is what it feels like when I'm over there trying to put together like a 4-chain and my opponent just dumps an entire screen on me :v:. By the time the chain count passes 6 I can hear Yipes yelling "SCOOPS! SCOOPS HAAGEN DAZS"

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/S2LSOFTENER/status/859232537910157312

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh god i need to buy this immediately

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

oh god i need to buy this immediately

It's very good. The story mode gets surprisingly hard sometimes, and the various weird modes are a unique challenge.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
fusion mode is a lot of fun. is it actually good?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you can theoretically chain up to infinity so it's up to you too decide if that's cool and good or super broken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5kS8AhYFyk

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I like both puyo puyos and tetris but i suck chunks at both

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Putting this here mostly so I can find it later but a while ago they put an eye tracking device on a pro puyo player and its kind of crazy how much time he spends looking at the opponents board
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4O7DbaxUE

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Putting this here mostly so I can find it later but a while ago they put an eye tracking device on a pro puyo player and its kind of crazy how much time he spends looking at the opponents board
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4O7DbaxUE

To be clear: which side of the board is the tracked player playing?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

leper khan posted:

To be clear: which side of the board is the tracked player playing?

He's looking at the upcoming pieces of the left side, so I guess it's the left.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah it's the left player

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Interest check on a Goon Puyo Tetris tournament?
I'd run the bracket through challonge, double-elimination. I'd also advertise in the Switch thread so we have enough rubes players for a respectable bracket. I'm thinking on Switch, VS format for our first try, but if there's enough interest we can make a PS4 bracket as well. Thoughts? Suggestions?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Tempura Wizard posted:

I'd run the bracket through challonge, double-elimination. I'd also advertise in the Switch thread so we have enough rubes players for a respectable bracket. I'm thinking on Switch, VS format for our first try, but if there's enough interest we can make a PS4 bracket as well. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I'm probably on board, but I'm not super confident in my ability to make it past the first bracket :v:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Are any of these available on PC? The SO and I enjoy the crap out of puzzle fighter on 360, but the tetris game on their gets way fast way quick and we never turn it on anymore anyway.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Nevvy Z posted:

Are any of these available on PC? The SO and I enjoy the crap out of puzzle fighter on 360, but the tetris game on their gets way fast way quick and we never turn it on anymore anyway.

Lumines is on Steam.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Tempura Wizard posted:

I'm in

Based on a dry run tourney I ran last weekend the biggest obstacle is the switchs inability to generate lobby invites, or communicate between players in any method whatsoever. So what you gotta do is force everybody to sign up on challonge using their Nintendo profile name as an alternate name, and also come up with a system to make and join lobbies. One way is to have the upper player on the bracket make the room and lock it with a code corresponding to the match number generated by challonge.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

deadly_pudding posted:

Lumines is on Steam.

Other "traditional" action puzzle games on Steam include Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (a reskin of the original Puyo) and Magical Drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edilaic
Jul 10, 2008
I really love Magical Drop, but unfortunately Magical Drop V on Steam turned out to be... not great.

• Locked thread