Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nyoki-Nyoki is out in Japan now, the multiplayer mode is local-only and I don't think any of the big English-speaking Puyo nerds are digging into it yet so I don't know if it'll hold up.

Puyo Chronicle (3DS) is getting a demo in Japan this week, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
3DS eShop, Japan-only for now. They said they have plans for a console/PC version with online multiplayer and a single-player RPG mode but I think those plans are predicated on this first version selling well.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Echo Chamber posted:

In general I wish Nintendo took better care of their puzzle franchises.

There's no money in them - the market expects them to be f2p or very cheap and there aren't many ways to generate additional revenue from them without overloading them with dumb pay-to-win bullshit or doing things that Nintendo will never fully embrace (esports/gambling).

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pretty much, yeah, and there are other issues for particular games - Nintendo doesn't own Yoshi's Cookie, Tetris Attack has been sold in a few different forms which makes it hard to promote, etc.

Puyo has the benefit of an original universe with popular characters that makes it an easier sell in Japan but none of the other falling-block franchises have that same appeal.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Has anyone played that Tumblestone game? I got sent a bunch of press releases that claimed it was "the first truly new puzzle game in two decades" or some bullshit and that turned me right off but I could believe it might be okay.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Striking while the iron is hot, I see.

dragon enthusiast posted:

that just sounds like indie ~professional game designer~ fartz lol

It does but some publisher gave it a multi-platform retail release so at least one (possibly stupid) person seems to think it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I haven't played it in a while but it was a buggy unfinished piece of poo poo when it launched and I don't think they ever truly fixed it.

Magical Drop 3 is the one people play; Hamster will eventually release it on Arcade Archives for consoles, or you can play it in Fightcade right now.

• Locked thread