Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they can't agree on how their government even works because none of it was formally codified

there is lots that is codified. for example, rule #1 No Catholics Allowed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

The Management posted:

The best thing about brexit is how it totally destroyed the credibility of Brits criticizing other stupid countries.

The second best is how iPhone prices shot way up due to the new exchange rate and they only have their idiot countrymen to blame.

*a british man cries in a retarded accent that he cannot pay 65 pounds a month anymore to be spied on and manipulated by a device used to keep kids fat and dumb*

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
how do they make the skin of pretzels so glossy?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Wasn't the brexit vote specifically advisory and not binding?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The smart people are desperately trying to reverse and nullify the countryfolks decision to ruin their country

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

why codify a loving thing if you're rolling in on 1000 years a more or less continuously run empire that inertia will never slow down or backfire

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

im undr the impression that brexit is the result of brits bein mad racist again "fukin pakis ndd polacks takin er jerbs"

how far off am i

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Tolkien minority posted:

im undr the impression that brexit is the result of brits bein mad racist again "fukin pakis ndd polacks takin er jerbs"

how far off am i

There's also paranoid lunatics who think Germany (and possibly others) use the EU to secretly control the UK, and rubes who believed the government would have more money to put into the NHS if they left the EU.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Zzulu posted:

The smart people are desperately trying to reverse and nullify the countryfolks decision to ruin their country

So was it one of the smart people who made the idiotic decision to consult with the country bumpkins?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm shocked that the elites are stopping what the people voted for.

Next you'll tell me Bernie Sanders isn't the Democrat nominee because the DNC, Media, Hillary, DOJ, State Department, and Silicon Valley colluded against him.

Crazy.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

frumpykvetchbot posted:

So was it one of the smart people who made the idiotic decision to consult with the country bumpkins?

If this is a serious question: the reason the vote happened is basically a deal between conservatives, who wanted to run the government at any cost, and actual hardcore racists who just wanted to grandstand about Brexit for publicity purposes.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Prorat posted:

Next you'll tell me Bernie Sanders isn't the Democrat nominee because the DNC, Media, Hillary, DOJ, State Department, and Silicon Valley colluded against him.

Crazy.

What did Silicon Valley do to Bernie I thought they like Bernie?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Democracy son

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Smart people offered the consultation to bumpkins in order to get bumpkins to support them over other smart people, under the belief that the consultation would never pass.

I hope you're happy that you got me to describe Boris Johnson as a 'smart person', I feel dirty inside now.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Lime Tonics posted:

They voted to leave and the government won't let them. So they want a re-vote, which is funny as gently caress.

this is exactly not what has happened. sorry you are so stupid

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Tolkien minority posted:

how far off am i

the media said that's exactly what it is, which means you're entirely as wrong as possible and there is probably a good reason to want to leave the EU immediately

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I voted remain, but I also think people need to suffer for their stupidity and the U.K. should be kicked out ASAP.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the people who generally voted Leave (boomers) are the ones least affected by it.

what I'm saying is kill all boomers

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Really the question we should all asking here is 'what is Tramadol Junkie doing right now?'

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Zzulu posted:

Democracy son

I'm starting to think that's an absurdly overrated concept.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extra stout posted:

the media said that's exactly what it is, which means you're entirely as wrong as possible and there is probably a good reason to want to leave the EU immediately
he's right, but also the EU is bad. One of the worst things about leaving, next to the racism, is people suddenly pretending the capitalist pig EU is good :shrug:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Whybird posted:

Really the question we should all asking here is 'what is Tramadol Junkie doing right now?'

prob just jacking off to his fantasies about beating up minorities beccuz hes an obese drug addicted cripple now lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
The EU is bad and dumb, but so is Brexit. Real kobayashi maru situation here.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Also in case you haven't realized, most voters (in every country) are actually morons and trusting them with even simple decisions via direct democracy is a terrible idea. Assuming that any of them understand the complexities of leaving your the EU and aren't swayed by racist charlatans was a stupid thing to do. Now smart people need to go in and fix the mess that they allowed the idiots to drag them into.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Lot's of leavers went on about parliamentary sovereignty. Now the judges said that yeah it should be upheld they suddenly decided that it's not a real british parliamentary sovereignty (because the parliament is full of EU stooges or something). It's stupid bullshit like 'states rights' or whatever

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
states rights isn't stupid bullshit though it's what the US constitution is built upon

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

reallivedinosaur posted:

states rights isn't stupid bullshit though it's what the US constitution is built upon

well yeah like parliamentary sovereignty for brits. but whatever

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Private Speech posted:

Lot's of leavers went on about parliamentary sovereignty. Now the judges said that yeah it should be upheld they suddenly decided that it's not a real british parliamentary sovereignty (because the parliament is full of EU stooges or something). It's stupid bullshit like 'states rights' or whatever

Duh, we wanted the kind of sovereignty that meant we could beat up all the coloured folk, not this 'applying UK law to stop the PM acting as a literal dictator' kind of sovereignty.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
brexit means brexit! i'm not sure how this could be any more clear! jeez!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Mozi posted:

brexit means brexit! i'm not sure how this could be any more clear! jeez!

you have to admit it's a good reply to people asking "Can you tell us what Brexit means for the average British citizen?". It's a decent dodge and has a certain "we're going to do it come hell or high water, don't you worry you voter just trust us" vibe.

e: because an actual honest reply would be something like "a bunch of poo poo and not that many fewer foreigns around because they're already here and we can't very well kick them out"

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 4, 2016

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
brexicution

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Private Speech posted:

e: because an actual honest reply would be something like "a bunch of poo poo and not that many fewer foreigns around because they're already here and we can't very well kick them out"

Yes, but the "problem" won't get worse, says the ever forward thinking Brexit man.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
"when we leave the EU we can take those billions and give it to the NHS instead!"

"actually you get more from the EU than you give..."

"well we'll just spend it on an enormous ship for her majesty the queen then!"

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reallivedinosaur posted:

who cares

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Prorat posted:

A conservative government is traditionally considered a part of the political elite.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

This brexit is making me thirsty

also this situation shows most people don't know what is good for them

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Waci posted:

A conservative government is traditionally considered a part of the political elite.

Wow, it's like capital has entrenched itself on both sides of the aisle or something...?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Private Speech posted:

This sounds like on of those "Freeman on the Land" things

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they can't agree on how their government even works because none of it was formally codified

this is the best part for me; it's the underlying absurdity behind it all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
these brexits are making me salty!

• Locked thread