Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
haven't seen Hamilton and I'm not going to because honestly it sounds like something I'd loving hate

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
ha ha ha I ruined your dumb little thread

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

posting in the hillary voter honeypot thread

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
would totally go to Hamilton if Regina Spektor asked me to go with her tho

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

still lookin for all those people who've seen hamilton, that wonderful broadway musical that's taken the nation by storm

certainly a musical so popular it has broken all box office records and is hailed as a tidal shift in musicals has had some goons as audience right?

quote:

In less than two years, it has exploded all box office records – it has sold $1bn worth of tickets – and won every theatrical prize (including the Pulitzer prize for drama), garnering the kind of hyperbolic praise that no production can possibly live up to. But Hamilton exceeds its own acclaim.

Condiv has issued a correction as of 17:12 on Nov 5, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/dogboner/status/722156048753123328

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
LMM was in my high school class

I don't actually remember a single thing about him except his face, just thought I'd share this very important fact

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I saw the internet bootleg video.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

im going to nyc and seeing oh hello instead

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I've entered the $10 lottery every day and never won and never will, lol

the soundtrack is good though

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

withak posted:

I saw the internet bootleg video.

would you describe it as transcendent?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I haven't because I'm poor and live in a place far away from anywhere it's ever played OP.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i thought only people on school field trips went to see musicals about history

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I haven't because I'm poor and live in a place far away from anywhere it's ever played OP.

look at this economic anxiety

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-POLR8qF_o
this is hamilton right? ive seen it

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Zas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-POLR8qF_o
this is hamilton right? ive seen it

"some say electricity is evil, and i say it's the reason why john lennon left the beatles"

:lsd:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I saw hamilton the other day. He looked pretty sick and scared and wouldn't come closer than ten feet or so. I ended up just leaving a dish of dry food and some water for him, and it was all gone an hour later. Godspeed hamilton

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
If others will keep this thread up to date on hamilton sightings well my grand kids will sure appreciate it. Thanks all

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

should have been about andrew hamilton instead

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG_rEqCivn4

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

haven't seen Hamilton and I'm not going to because honestly it sounds like something I'd loving hate

:same:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

would totally go to Hamilton if Regina Spektor asked me to go with her tho

:agreed:

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
if they ever release a movie version critics will hate it because it doesnt feel as authentic as the original (poor people can see it)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Condiv posted:

would you describe it as transcendent?

I would describe it is "ok", bordering on "catchy".

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's a really well-made musical OP

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I loved watching Scott Hamilton back in the day.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Condiv posted:

still lookin for all those people who've seen hamilton, that wonderful broadway musical that's taken the nation by storm

certainly a musical so popular it has broken all box office records and is hailed as a tidal shift in musicals has had some goons as audience right?

$1billion, that's what, 500 tickets sold?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I do not like this fanfiction musical made of the concept of rap as described to an NPR dj.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I do not like this fanfiction musical made of the concept of rap as described to an NPR dj.

then prepare to see red

quote:

The long-awaited musical spinoff to “Hamilton” has a release date.

“The Hamilton Mixtape,” a 23-track mashup featuring rap and pop stars reinterpreting tracks from the Broadway smash, will be released on Atlantic Records Dec. 2. Preorders are underway for the album, which also includes unreleased tunes that were part of the show’s evolution.

“Hamilton” creator Lin-Manuel Miranda announced the details late last week, revealing the cover art and track listing for the project he has been working on “for years.” Two songs were released in advance Thursday night.

The star-stacked list of contributors reflects the crossover power of a show that drew rabid fans from all corners of the entertainment world. The lineup ranges from mainstream veterans, such as Kelly Clarkson, Jill Scott, Sia and Usher, to rising acts including rapper Dessa and singer Andra Day.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hamilton-creator-mixes-it-up-1478471334

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I have long wondered what Kelly Clarkson had to say about our founding fathers

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
it was good

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i went to broadway this weekend but decided to spend my $$$ on watching matilda, op

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I appreciate this description. Thanks you for it.

KIND OF A KIM DEAL
Oct 28, 2016

by zen death robot

logikv9 posted:

i went to broadway this weekend but decided to spend my $$$ on watching matilda, op

Any good? I might bring my niece with me next time I need to go to NYC which will probably be right around the holidays and if so we'll be there with bells on!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i aint that rich if lin manuel mirandarights wants a few bills from me he'd better be willing to help me knock over a 7 11 or something at least

amanasleep
May 21, 2008
I work in Broadway box office ticketing. Hamilton is a very professional production with catchy tunes and an innovative solution to the tiresome problem of recitative being totally awful in every musical even good ones. Otherwise a lot like 1776 i.e. Pretty Good if you like musicals about historical subjects.

IDK why everybody is falling over themselves to oppose this thing like it's going to Borg the USA culture so we all start misappropriating Biggie lyrics, but if you think Hamilton was more culturally insidious than Les Miz or motherfucking Phantom of the Opera or Cats you did not inhabit the decade of the 80s.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I saw it. It was great.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

KIND OF A KIM DEAL posted:

Any good? I might bring my niece with me next time I need to go to NYC which will probably be right around the holidays and if so we'll be there with bells on!

A+++ would go again. It's ending in January so I highly recommend going since it'll be a pain to find a performance afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
We went in with no previous knowledge of the musical other than a fading memory of the 1996(?) movie and it was amazing.

• Locked thread