Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
Hey guys the whole loving thing was Iron Man but with magic instead of money and tech.

But hey at least they showed Guardians 2 during the trailers, and made sure to remind us that Ooga Chacka was a song your mom and dad listened to. Johnny Cash during Logan for super-plus gravitas! Anyways, comic book movies is cerious cinema, and don't you dare call Star Wars a children's movie. *writes check for $300 dollars and mails it to Hollywood* Phew, got that out of the way. Did everyone giggle during the jokes? He said Beyonce during the movie. Beyonce. Beyonce. That's a real person! Yeah, Tilda Swinton is a loving "Celtic" who does chopsockey supermagic and helps Cumberfuck get he groove back (DON'T CALL HER SCOTTISH OKAY JUST FUCKNIG DON'T). Super fine for my white rear end, and double superfine for China, who owns all your dickless asses and will be dictating popular culture in the THEATRES from here until forever. Fifty years from now, China will be genetically engineering white movie stars to appear in their movies, and you'll live to see the day that a Brad Pitt lookalike squints at the the camera, cheeks caked with dirt and blood, sweaty hair flapping in the wind, and he'll grunt "Tibet belongs to China."

At least the graphics were okay! Kinda surprised we didn't get a lovely God of War tie in viddy game out of all this. Haha, but seriously, whatta load. DOCTOR STRANGE WILL RETURN

TO SUCK MY rear end

I AM THE TOILET fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
He was my podiatrist

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
so you're saying that you liked it op?

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
why dont you write a novel about it

nerd

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

do they keep up marvel tradition and waste the films villain

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Uncle Wemus posted:

dr stephen strange's trick to beat the plot villain is to keep dying over and over again using time magic until the boss gets so bored he goes away

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

do u know jenny posted:

He was my podiatrist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPQn7NStcXM

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I think the studios said "Well it's kind of 50/50 if we're going to be able to sell this in China since its got weird supernatural poo poo but just in case we should probably recast the Tibetan as something else I guess skinny white women are still in???"

I don't know for certain though.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

The villain is pretty cardboard cutout and boring.

A shameful waste of mads mikkelsen

naem
May 29, 2011

I saw it in 3D and thought it was really good the end

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's pretty much the standard cheesy origin story film.

Pretty cool visuals though

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
How many Dr Strange threads do we need? I'll post the next one if more are needed.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dr. Strange and the Boy Who Had No Magical Penis

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I haven't seen it op but I would proudly display Cumber's bleached skull among my weird gourd collection

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
They should have dr. strange fight dr. acula.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

spendabuck lumbersnatch

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hey op

You are cum

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely
The movie was good, OP.

I was too stoned to remember if there was a plot or anything, but it was really pretty and I kind of like cucumber guy now, maybe. Also Tilda Swinton is freaky and I don't think there was any cannibalism.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ekpdV7sJnQ

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just what we needed, a superhero who is a rich white doctor from Greenwich Village.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it was cool as heck to watch and i'm glad I saw it in the theater. i don't get wowed by special effects often but the Hong Kong fight was dope

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
benedict cabbaggepatch owns

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The best thing about superhero movies is the origin story.

Dr strange's is just beyond amazing and could happen to anyone of us.

Really makes you think.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Too many words. Was it cool? I hear it's cool

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bendydick Cucumber looks like a lizard lol.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Roundup Ready posted:

Too many words. Was it cool? I hear it's cool

It's pretty good if you like mixed bags, but otoh, v. traditional in a modern way.

At least, that's what I've heard. :shrug:

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Oh boy it's another gay movie about some obscure comic book no one read or enjoyed, and this time they managed to cast two ugly one-trick pony actors with grating accents yippee. I mean okay, teenage girls like Bennydoosh Humperdick because children like dumb things, but who the gently caress ever saw Mads Mikkelsen on a movie poster and was like "gently caress yes my man I have got to see this"

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Mads Dittmann Mikkelsen is a Danish actor. Originally a gymnast and dancer"

Ahahahahahah.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
mads should have been in it more

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Once again, goons show that they are out of touch with normal society and have horrible opinions about movies.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Movie was pretty good. A lot of trippy visuals kept it interesting. After the credits the movie featured Thor drinking a big mug of beer.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
They got the arrogant doctor part right though. What's up with those guys !?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
crows feet removal was probably half of the cgi budget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YX6Fg9EXq0
is this what a life lived in the english weather does to you? its even worse in hd. dont look at it in hd

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The scene where he first entered the astral plane I could not understand a single thing that was being said because I was overwhelmed by bright lights and colors in motion

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Should have made a DR. ORPHEUS movie instead

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
The whole speech about how ~ SCIENCE ~ is so limiting and why won't you open your eyes to the chakras ?! felt like some Facebook post by some "spiritual" aunt

uhg

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

went to see hacksaw ridge and the woman in front of me would clap wildly every time they set the Japanese soldiers on fire with the flamethrower

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Dr Strange's clever use of izanami to trap the big bad was ok, but kind of anti-climatic. Best character was the librarian dude. The setup for Mordo or whatever to become the sequel's villain was pretty heavy-handed.

It was nothing like iron man, though.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Knight posted:

The scene where he first entered the astral plane I could not understand a single thing that was being said because I was overwhelmed by bright lights and colors in motion

Essentially what was during that point was the song in Monty Python The Meaning Life when the EMTS try to convince the old lady that her life is meaningless and they walk out into space where an old school green geometric lady shows her Pussy lips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Budget Dracula posted:

went to see hacksaw ridge and the woman in front of me would clap wildly every time they set the Japanese soldiers on fire with the flamethrower

Why didn't you? loving millenials

• Locked thread