Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It seems like we don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

the ruling class of vampires and the undead circulation of Capital

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
OP DID YOU KNOW THAT IF EVERYONE WROTE IN BERNIE SANDERS HE WOULD BECOME TO PRESIDENT??

HE COULD STILL DO IT

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Bruce Campbell.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
one candidate has had a steady solid lead in the polls and the EV since the spring but the media insists its a horserace (please click, watch, like and subscribe!) so it could be anyone really

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhix posted:

one candidate has had a steady solid lead in the polls and the EV since the spring but the media insists its a horserace (please click, watch, like and subscribe!) so it could be anyone really

Hm this seems fake

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the people of the united states of america will be the real winners, op

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'm nervous about a Clinton victory because I live in the south and plenty of people know I'm not a Trump supporter. The rebels will kill me.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

This is generally the most pro-Trump prediction from sites considered reliable.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gobblecoque posted:

Bruce Campbell.

:hfive:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I hope it's Hillary for the sake of my mum.
She's not American but she'd be sad if that horrible man won.
She's becoming very nihilistic this year, and that's no fun, only I'm allowed to be moody.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
My vote for Gilbert Gottfried WILL be counted!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

canpakes posted:

It seems like we don't know

It's more like YOU don't know. WE are 100% certain who is going to win.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

also i'm hillary ama

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I'm voting for Greg Johnson. You should too, op.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Sheep-Goats posted:

This is generally the most pro-Trump prediction from sites considered reliable.

I do wonder what Nate Silver is up to. I can see what his point is, that historically speaking, a 3 point lead in the polls doesn't mean much, but the thing about the race is, Hillary Clinton has led by much more, while the best Donald Trump has managed to do is pull almost even. Given the historical voting patterns of the states involved, and Trump's historically high unfavorable numbers, its odd that Silver continues to call this like any other race.

I guess his logic is to only pay attention to the numbers: if we had a charismatic and conventional Republican politician who had been, like, the governor of a state, would we say that this polling gap was still a close race? Maybe. But it seems ridiculous to ignore that Clinton has demonstrated more upside than Trump.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I hope it's Joe Exotic

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
We should take a nation wide poll to see who will win

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The Walton Family will win.

grymwulf
Nov 29, 2013

What? Was it something I said?
Seriously all I can say is that either way this election goes, we Americans are going to lose....

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Arrhythmia posted:

OP DID YOU KNOW THAT IF EVERYONE WROTE IN BERNIE SANDERS HE WOULD BECOME TO PRESIDENT??

HE COULD STILL DO IT

DONALD TRUMP

there i did it

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Trump is going to win and it's going to be the funniest thing to ever happen to this country.

Alternatively, Hillary is going to win and she's going to have a massive stroke within her first six months in office and Trump is going to be all like

12gaugelobotomy
Apr 25, 2012
Schwarzenegger 2020

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

glowing-fish posted:

I do wonder what Nate Silver is up to. I can see what his point is, that historically speaking, a 3 point lead in the polls doesn't mean much, but the thing about the race is, Hillary Clinton has led by much more, while the best Donald Trump has managed to do is pull almost even. Given the historical voting patterns of the states involved, and Trump's historically high unfavorable numbers, its odd that Silver continues to call this like any other race.

I guess his logic is to only pay attention to the numbers: if we had a charismatic and conventional Republican politician who had been, like, the governor of a state, would we say that this polling gap was still a close race? Maybe. But it seems ridiculous to ignore that Clinton has demonstrated more upside than Trump.
http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/nate-silvers-very-very-wrong-predictions-about-donald-t-1788583912

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

grymwulf posted:

Seriously all I can say is that either way this election goes, we Americans are going to lose....

Actually it seems like hillary is super qualified and will do a good job???

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

tsa posted:

Actually it seems like hillary is super qualified and will do a good job???

needs a lot more question marks

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I remember when Bill Richardson ran and one of his ads was him saying he's overqualified. Suffice to say he gained zero traction and his candidacy went over about as well as a wet fart.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
RIP dumb dogs lol

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Kuato posted:

I remember when Bill Richardson ran and one of his ads was him saying he's overqualified. Suffice to say he gained zero traction and his candidacy went over about as well as a wet fart.

How can you get to that level and not know that the word "overqualified" is never a good way to describe yourself?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary is going to win but the republicans and trump will file lawsuit after lawsuit to stall the process. During this time they will refuse to appoint a supreme court judge claiming they need to make sure her presidency is legit.

Once she wins the law suits the republicans will file for impeachment. During this time they will refuse to appoint a supreme court judge citing the impeachment. Once Hillary wins that it's 2020 and kayne will run and save us from this mess

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

glowing-fish posted:

His background was in sports statistics and especially in that field it's seen as important to kind of make your prediction model "dumb" in that it just looks at numbers and goes by that. It's hard to explain what I mean exactly but sports guys had for a long time relied on this kind of human generated decision processes and humans always find too much "pattern" when they look at something, which meant when Moneyball type stuff started being done broadly and in earnest the biggest advancements were made in areas that this caused errors in, eg, where being smart lead to being wrong. Silver in general makes a huge effort to audit his own methods and intake so that would lead to him being stubborn about "dumbness" I think.

It's a complicated field and there are reasons to approach things from both ways.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Kanye 2020

Doredrin
Sep 5, 2016

by zen death robot
Certainly not the American people.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
People who rub their hands together waiting on any word from the Prophet Nate Silver are idiots. It's statistics he's not like Harry Potter, it'd be better to just cram your rear end with Captain Crunch put on a eye patch then raid a English Galleon than fret about what the gently caress Nate Silver says.

Statistics is not a complicated science and if you can pass basic high school level math you can understand what the hell he's talking about and the methods he uses.

Guesss what he just makes up poo poo.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Vastarien posted:

Alternatively, Hillary is going to win and she's going to have a massive stroke within her first six months in office and Trump is going to be all like

Best case scenario.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
If you asked me a week or so ago I would've said Hillary but man oh man I just don't know anymore(!)

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
In the grim future of 11/09/16 there are only walls.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I am hedging my bets on "Cucky Pizzone".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

hillary will win, ushering in 4 more years of corporate kleptocracy

• Locked thread