Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."
I would like a recommendation for a high end gaming pc.

Please do not tell me to build it myself. I am not competent to do anything but open the package the pc comes in and plug it in.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
just buy whatever is most expensive on alienware

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
The PS4 is pretty good.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Prebuild PCs are crap, go to the parts picking thread in serious hardware crap to make your own build or just copy one of the recommended onesthen pay someone to assemble it for you.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Titus Vespasian posted:

I would like a recommendation for a high end gaming pc.

Please do not tell me to build it myself. I am not competent to do anything but open the package the pc comes in and plug it in.

Thanks

If you can install video card drivers, I'm pretty sure you can put together a PC. If you seriously just have money burning a hole in your pocket and want to spend twice as much on a computer for no reason at all, you should go all in and get a crazy 8 pound gaming laptop. At least there you're spending $2,000-$3,000 and get some portability out of it compared to a $2,000-3,000 alienware with a goofy case why in the gently caress

edit: this laptop looks pretty cool but you'll be playing your games at 30 FPS with a 4k screen. Looks like it's either 1080 or 4k, no 2560x1440 laptops that I can find.

edit 2 to completely contradict this entire post: you can buy an intel 6700k, gtx 1080, 16 to 32GB of RAM, an SSD, a 2-3TB HDD, case, power supply, and an Acer xb271hu monitor (1440, 144 hz, g-sync) for the cost of that laptop or any alienware and have a much better experience than you would with a $3,000 computer and no monitor (you need a display of some sort unless you can transcode electromagnetic radiation in your noggin)

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Nov 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunatikfringe
Jan 22, 2003
Use one of the lesser known PC "e-tailers". They use the same if not better gaming hardware than a major PC manufacturer and for less price (you're not paying for the big name)

I have recommended Cyberpower to people in the past and they were happy with the results.

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/gaming-pcs/

• Locked thread