Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
So...did he try to sleep with her ? That would be rape since she's unconscious (even if she's his wife)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Decebal posted:

So...did he try to sleep with her ? That would be rape since she's unconscious (even if she's his wife)

I would think/hope it is hard to molest a something that's thrashing and seizing and also wearing diapers. I'm pretty sure abject horror, despair and the sense of personal tragedy kills the mood.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
you cant rape your own wife idiot

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Nooner posted:

you cant rape your own wife idiot

and Nooner brings it back to zero.

Let's just all laugh about how Kanye's mom had to doctor shop because she kept on being told that the surgery would be too dangerous.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Yvershek posted:

and Nooner brings it back to zero.

Let's just all laugh about how Kanye's mom had to doctor shop because she kept on being told that the surgery would be too dangerous.

sorry I was "trolling" but seriously the Kanye thing is pretty funny

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Decebal posted:

At the end he got a new neuro doc who said that she was totally conscious and "in there" so I think it's okay if he started banging her.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

scrubs season six posted:

At the end he got a new neuro doc who said that she was totally conscious and "in there" so I think it's okay if he started banging her.

The ol' Bill Cosby experience huh ? I can't say I'm a fan. I like to see excitement in a lady's eyes

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Decebal posted:

The ol' Bill Cosby experience huh ? I can't say I'm a fan. I like to see excitement in a lady's eyes

12v into her anus will accomplish the same thing

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
legit want some kim updates itt

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
that was a sad story and I hope he's either found some sort of miracle or he's let his wife pass away and is rebuilding his life

Nooner posted:

she may have died at like 70 years old from getting a boob job ...... but you could say ...

SHE HAS A KILLER RACK :grin:

this makes it a little less sad tho

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
I hated seeing that stupid thread title so I'm glad it's gone.

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002

Arkanomen posted:

Fan of Nickelback's wife had some surgery complication where her brain got oxygen starved for a long time to the point of near brain death. He was then badgered by the wife's family/didn't have the guts to let her die so he was then stuck with what was left.

After that, instead of moving the wife into a care facility and focusing on raising their daughter, he sent the child to live with parents and then jumped head long into expensive experimental treatments and self-directed care. He was super hopeful that she would come back each time she twitched or groaned a little more but really in the end it was becoming clear that his wife was gone and whatever medical science had kept alive was never going to be more than a twitching brain dead lump.

He got drunk a lot as time went on as the guilt of abandoning his daughter for his potato of a wife and made a bunch of incoherent drunk posts and eventually closed the thread.

It's a pretty rough read as he's basically on the edge of hysteria and going through grief and it sucks for the guy.

No she's still doing better, it's slow though. She gained a lot more control over her left leg (which barely moved, period) recently. Opening her mouth more with some kinda intent.

Two neuros are confident she's there and are working hard to figure out more. They and medical staff were pretty impressed with her med list and therapy to so that's pretty encouraging.

Follow up MRI shows mild diffuse cerebellar/cerebral atrophy . . . But with normal hippocampal volumes (!) and compared to the ct in April her ventricles are slightly smaller so . . .

She has another follow-up MRI in December after finishing her second round of 60 HBOT treatments, and at that time she'll either get more of everything if it's still all improving or . . . We'll cross that bridge. The docs do not believe she is in pain . . . Though she did have clear cramps last month when her hormones booted back up and gave her her cycle back.

Her family and I had a huge final falling out, I cut contact when I moved back to San Antonio. That's going to make the decision much harder, because I *cannot* live with them to help care for her long term.

Anyway, I didn't have a choice but to move back to Texas, bills are piling and insurance is mandatory. I already burned through all my time off, so I'll be stuck in San Antonio through the holidays, including our anniversary, while both of our parent pairs take care of Kim.

I sent my daughter off to live with my sister in Cali for the school year (so she wouldn't be bounced around, also so I can save money and find the right place for us). My sister is her favorite non-parent family member, and she was a clown professionally so she's having a pretty stellar time. It sucks, but it's not much different than when parents send their kids off for the summer. I love my kid, she deserves stability no matter how hard it is for me not seeing her on my way through the holiday season.

Once December is over I'll know more about what next steps look like. I told everyone to give me weekly updates, but not too inundate me with her day to day . . . I'd lose focus on work and spend all my time researching again. Can't afford that.

For my daughter, I have to focus on work the same way I was focusing on Kim before. Blinders on and full steam ahead I suppose.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FAN OF NICKELBACK posted:

No she's still doing better, it's slow though. She gained a lot more control over her left leg (which barely moved, period) recently. Opening her mouth more with some kinda intent.

Two neuros are confident she's there and are working hard to figure out more. They and medical staff were pretty impressed with her med list and therapy to so that's pretty encouraging.

Follow up MRI shows mild diffuse cerebellar/cerebral atrophy . . . But with normal hippocampal volumes (!) and compared to the ct in April her ventricles are slightly smaller so . . .

She has another follow-up MRI in December after finishing her second round of 60 HBOT treatments, and at that time she'll either get more of everything if it's still all improving or . . . We'll cross that bridge. The docs do not believe she is in pain . . . Though she did have clear cramps last month when her hormones booted back up and gave her her cycle back.

Her family and I had a huge final falling out, I cut contact when I moved back to San Antonio. That's going to make the decision much harder, because I *cannot* live with them to help care for her long term.

Anyway, I didn't have a choice but to move back to Texas, bills are piling and insurance is mandatory. I already burned through all my time off, so I'll be stuck in San Antonio through the holidays, including our anniversary, while both of our parent pairs take care of Kim.

I sent my daughter off to live with my sister in Cali for the school year (so she wouldn't be bounced around, also so I can save money and find the right place for us). My sister is her favorite non-parent family member, and she was a clown professionally so she's having a pretty stellar time. It sucks, but it's not much different than when parents send their kids off for the summer. I love my kid, she deserves stability no matter how hard it is for me not seeing her on my way through the holiday season.

Once December is over I'll know more about what next steps look like. I told everyone to give me weekly updates, but not too inundate me with her day to day . . . I'd lose focus on work and spend all my time researching again. Can't afford that.

For my daughter, I have to focus on work the same way I was focusing on Kim before. Blinders on and full steam ahead I suppose.

lol your sister is a clown

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I hope your wife gets better though, that whole situation is super sad

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Aw poo poo here we go. Way to resurrect the thread idiots. :jerkbag:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I cast Phoenix Down on this thread :roflolmao:

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002
I'm not going to bring the thread back or use this one or anything.

no point. I'm not really in the middle of her recovery moving forward; since it came up I was just giving a last update since I said I would when I closed the thread.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Well I'm glad things are getting better, no matter how slow it is

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

CharlestonJew posted:

Well I'm glad things are getting better, no matter how slow it is

His daughter is being raised by a clown

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mods change my name to "nickelback guys veggie wife"

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
thanks for the update man good luck going forward

FAN OF NICKELBACK
Apr 9, 2002
[SCREEN FADES BLACK]

[CREDITS ROLL]

[RECORD SCRATCH]

[CREDITS PAUSE]

*Voice over*

Oh . . . And as for me. Well, I got therapy and mostly quit drinking. All in all I'm just doing my best to focus on being a dad and . . . Well finding out who I am on my own.

2016 sure was a crazy year, can't wait to see what happens next.

[SMACK BUNNY BABY PLAYS AS CRAWL STARTS AGAIN]

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

FAN OF NICKELBACK posted:

[SCREEN FADES BLACK]

[CREDITS ROLL]

[RECORD SCRATCH]

[CREDITS PAUSE]

*Voice over*

Oh . . . And as for me. Well, I got therapy and mostly quit drinking. All in all I'm just doing my best to focus on being a dad and . . . Well finding out who I am on my own.

2016 sure was a crazy year, can't wait to see what happens next.

[SMACK BUNNY BABY PLAYS AS CRAWL STARTS AGAIN]

Sounds like the end of a Bojack Horseman season

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nooner posted:

His daughter is being raised by a clown

That would be a cool way to grow up though. :v:

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I thought clowns were super sad people tho? I guess it's all relative.

e: hopefully it's in her past, and behind her now

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I wish the best

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Hope it works out.

But if it doesn't you can look at a photograph

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Believe In Yrself Betty posted:

Hope it works out.

But if it doesn't you can look at a photograph

jfc drat dude lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I touch your hand, I touch your face
I think the fruit is rotten
Give me lessons on how to breathe
Cause I think I've forgotten
I think I've forgotten

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

good.

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Just pull the plug already. Unless this is what you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

real talk pawnin ur daughter off on a family member to wipe drool off a vegetable is hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
hey, i may be a total dipshit but I still wish you the best in this situation. I ain't gonna shitpost or make fun. I couldn't even tell you what I'd do in a scenario like this.

• Locked thread