Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

kilus aof posted:

There is 100,000 colonists spilt along 4 major races with just over 1000 krogans(and 2 batarians with multiplayer canon) rounding things out. And the day one plan was to colonise 4 planets and have the Nexus. So that's 20,000 in each major hub. That's the in setting grand goal, 5 towns with a 6th town coming later. The original plan seemed to be species segregated but the modified in game plan seems to just spilt everything equal among the races. So with Meridian, the 4 other planets and the Nexus and accounting for losses in game and people asteroid and helium mining(and minor outposts on angaran planets) you are looking at less than 3500 per race per place. So about an ocean cruise ship worth of humans per place. So everywhere is going to be depressing as hell, every kid is going to grow up without even the concept of a city to run away to. If they wanted to unepic Mass Effect then they have 100% succeeded.

Dont forget the Quarians!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

I'm gonna start Andromeda again tonight after work woo

You should stream yourself

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Pops Mgee posted:

The janky rear end Mako was better than the Nomad in every way. Nomad bad.

Mako makowns

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

orcane posted:

The Nomad is bad.

actually its good!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
somehow I'm still disappointed, even though its exactly what I thought it would be

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
with mods I think ME1 is the best looking game in the series

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Imagine being psyched to give bioware of 2021 money lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Jimbot posted:

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1356647653413593089

Oh no. Can they unannounce this thing and pretend it never happened?

Lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1356652964820131840?s=20

Another home run bioware :bravo:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It legitimately looks like one of those "better more graphics" skyrim reshade mods that cranks up the graffix to 11, and ruins how the game was supposed to look lol

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Makowns

Nomad sucks

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
it makes sense, because you would definitely need a gun on your vehicle when exploring a mostly already explored galaxy; but in a brand new galaxy where you have no idea what each system might contain you would want zero guns....

wait...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
what if the Nomad was lovely because it was a cheaper alternative to the Mako?

Like the team actually asked for Makos, but the Illusive Man was like "...those things ain't cheap! Give them the lovely jeeps that cant go up hills, I have a 25% off coupon for an order of 100 or more"

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
in the secret 4th ending to mass effect 3 Miranda's butt becomes sentient and devours the Reapers whole

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
also that planet in MEA called Meirdian that looks like this?

seems familiar no?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hard counter posted:

does this count as vore

yes its the VoreTh ending

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

Forget storytelling or world building, let’s get those cosplay clicks.

what absolute loving smooth brain dumbasses

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
boooo at thread title update BOOOOO!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I like when thread titles at least let me know what game they’re about. :shrug:

boo this man!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

more like mASS effect amirite :quagmire:

:five:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheCenturion posted:

Are we still going to have shots of Benezia’s and Samara’s epic prows?

They censored them with lens flares

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Nobody liked Batarians until they added them into multiplayer, then Batarians became cool as hell

That wind up punch was beautiful.

WEH-WEEE-WEEOOO-BOOM!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
counter point:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

The funny part about playing a work of fiction is that you can jokingly take extreme stances like "kill all batarians" and it doesn't matter, because Mass Effect is not real life.

Batarians are real and they are my friend

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

They end up being way more sympathetic than Quarians, that's for sure.

im glad they died on their way to Andromeda

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
another low point of ME3 is how they bungle the opening and don't do Shepard on trial in the game. Going directly from the ending of ME2 to the opening of ME3 is one of the weirdest whiplashes in quality in the entire series

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

hard counter posted:

okay, but you can try fitting a reaper into a courtroom

"We will now refer to the testimony from the reaper Harbinger"

*loud deafening BWOMMMMMMMMM shatters all the windows in the room and bursts everyone's eardrums*

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

8one6 posted:

Hackett knew when he sent Shepard in that there was going to be an explosion. He just didn't know Shepard was going to zoom past WMD and go straight for "Galactic Gender Reveal" levels of destruction.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

but enough about the ME3 ending,

It's a... Green hat?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, it really set the tenor for the rest of the bungled narrative.

I can remember the moment I knew ME3 was not going to be on the same level as ME2, and it was that awful opening speech Shepard gives to some war committee or something. It's on the exact same level of quality as this speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34x6jxZ_Erk

but it's actually played straight

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Eimi posted:

All speeches about war should be written by Kojima.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Eastbound Spider posted:

action rpg where henry cavill must build the ultimate gamer pc

PRESS X TO INSTALL MORE RAM

I would like to be MORE RAMMED by Henry Cavill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Please stop insulting him by calling him a gamer