Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Helith posted:

There's a conversation option with her when she gives you the mission where she says something along the lines of "I have 3 children, there are 3 Ardat-Yakshi in existence. It is as it sounds"
I did those missions yesterday so it stuck out as an inconsistency.
It's a minor thing but as we were talking about them it brought it to mind.
I think the retcon is actually better as it makes sense that there would be more than just 3 of them around, that would make them too rare and 'special'.

I remember that line because it was a great scene with excellent voice work on the delivery.

Another fine thing ruined by ME3 :argh:

Beefstew posted:

I will never forget that one boss fight from ME2 that starts off with the asari lady drinking red wine out of a plastic solo cup.

Hey nobody likes their space coffee being interrupted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

exquisite tea posted:

Meme Effect is really gonna have to up their waifu game if they want to compete with the Overwatch shippers now.

Maybe Ryder can do Tracer's victor rear end pose after each fight. Both Ryders that is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

I played ME3 and told that Youtube Star insert journalist that she wasn't allowed on my ship and I feel like the game was better for it.I'm glad youtube stars aren't really a thing anymore.

The funny thing about that character was that if you played a Femshep you couldn't romance her and she had almost zero non romance dialogue. After her initial talk there was I think one very short conversation with her in the rest of the game if you kept her on board and that was it.

Complete waste of space for a character but 'games journalism' (bribery) is what it is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Oh also, The Illusive Man did nothing wrong.

Yes he did, he appeared in ME3.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zore posted:

He wasted billions on bringing Shepard back to life tho?

Literally wasted billions since it was established in ME3 that Shepard is just a VI controlling a necrotic corpse held together with fancy glowing things. Even Star Child points it out.

Would have been hilarious if the red ending was Shepard's red glowing bits powering down followed by all his/her pieces falling apart like a paper mache doll disintegrating in bathwater.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Reclaimer posted:

Yo I'm here to say

that this is totally wrong friendo.

Looked it up and you're completely correct.

This is my "couldn't stand a second playthrough of the garbage narrative" showing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cythereal posted:

James would have been a good character if he was part of the ME1 squad. I still have no idea what he was doing on the Normandy in 3.

Yeah. My first reaction was "who the gently caress are you and which writer's pet fanfic character is this?".

Turned out he was a really good character but talk about missing an introduction. Here's your best buddy you hang out with all the time, first introduced in the final chapter of the novel and narratively displacing established characters.

:thumbsup:

Beefstew posted:

Are y'all forgetting Javik? He was probably the best addition to ME3.

I remember his DLC refusing to load while the ME3 servers were down (and they were down frequently) and thus making my save games useless. Yes, I remember Javik.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I just did the EDI + Javik combo soon as I could because of course I want the super assassin robot and the ancient alien warrior.

Mind you Javik + James both with laser rifles made a lot of the game fairly trivial. It was almost like giving Garrus & Zaeed those bugged DLC sniper rifles in ME2 that did player character damage instead of squad character damage.
To this day I think they never fixed that bug. Hard to say because I still have an old ME2 install from before Origin.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Psion posted:

merry christmas, ME3 thread

this is a real product all true fans should own

Cereal is terrible for you and full of sugar. Eat something else for breakfast.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

gently caress off goon

Don't let me stop you stuffing your guts with whatever garbage you prefer :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

gently caress off goon

Fatty spotted.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Maybe DancingShade is KAI LENG, bored of cereal!!!!

Pissing in vases is good and cool though. I hope we get a button prompt to do just that in ME:A during a mission.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

I miss the Cerberus news website that talks about galactic politics, what background characters are up to, and how space people celebrate Christmas and Eid.

Truly, peak Mass Effect was the first year after #2 launched and fever was at the all time high.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

everyone was so excited for where they were gonna take it in ME3 :(

And it turned out to be the nearest public urinal covered in graffiti :smith:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jack2142 posted:

TIM actually had his brain copied into an AI core and given a sexy robot body.

The best thing would be a EDI-like sexy android in ME:A that you can romance for robolove then it switches to entirely TIM voice during the intimate moments.

Or Harbinger voice, whatever.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Rinkles posted:

ME3 requires EA's Origin platform.

And if the server goes down you can't load your save games even in offline mode because while the main game works offline the DLC does not.

At least Origin is a lot more stable than it used to be now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Lovingly rendered ladyparts is Bioware's version of putting a Mickey Mouse into every Disney movie.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Eh, that could be used for expelling waste, Asari could still bud & pop out their spawn from their backs.

They bud off like Good Ash & Evil Ash in Army of Darkness. Only the Asari way involves more screaming and chainsaws.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lt. Danger posted:

What a horrible useless post.

Some people like to rationalize away with ME3 instead of just shrugging and accepting that it was a piece of poo poo game that completely mishandled the narrative.

I mean they're wrong, of course. You can't rationalize away a steaming pile of maggot ridden horse diarrhea that someone has used their finger to draw an "N7" in.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hampig posted:

The best ME2 mod by far is the one the removes all the minigames. Controller mod is also good.

:agreed:
I play ME2 completely vanilla except I use Gibbed's mod tools to cheat myself max resources. Because gently caress scanning forever.

It does nothing but improve the game by eliminating the resource gathering aspect.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Yeah, when you go to buy the points from Bioware it warns you that they are only good for Dragon Age Origins and Mass Effect 2 :/

I think I still had some leftover points because of course you couldn't buy the exact amount you needed. By design.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing that changes when you choose to play the special ending DLC thing with clone special guest character is who turns up to the fanfiction.net party scene at the end. Don't worry about it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Michaellaneous posted:

They should have stopped ME3 with you and the admiral passing out because that was actually a touching moment instead of releasing that dogshit of an endingn

Any cliffhanger is better than ME3 starchild.

:agreed:

ME3 had it's share of issues. Perhaps a shitload of issues. Definitely actually.

However once the final battle for URF started it transformed the whole game into a bargain bin CoD knockoff and the ending was a skidmark down your monitor.

The only solution is total galactic destruction and hopefully ME:A delivers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

No YOU shut up dad. :argh:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I liked DA:I but it needs serious pruning to be replayable because there is so much filler content. So loving much.

I'm not even sure what counts as core story content. Choose your subfaction story mission, religious town going under siege, find new castle, grey warden keep, red templar subquest area, elf ruins, endgame dungeon?
poo poo I think there were only ~5-6 parts of the game that weren't filler garbage. They were good mind you but bloody hell there was a lot of bullshit to put up with to get there.

I made it through my first playthrough ok - enjoyed it enough - but my second keeps stalling because I load it up, look at the map and go "oh gently caress this" and quit again immediately.

ME:A needs to adopt the mission structure of ME:2 but I suspect it's literally going to be DA:I In Space because that was the most recent associated money earner. Oh well...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

Haha, a week ago I downloaded the entire game from Origin to try a second playthrough of it. The second instance of combat at the beginning of the game I just felt this overwhelming anti-desire to go and MMO my way through the game and uninstalled it.

I just couldn't do it. Having played through DAInq once already way back in the day, I just couldn't loving stand to go through it again.

And LOL about the poster who is trying to suggest FO4 is a good game. Hahah, Jesus Christ. FIREWATCH is a better loving game than FO4.

The worst thing about how stomach churning the idea of a second playthrough is that when I did my first one I didn't import my Dragon Age Keep special save game correctly, and didn't realise this until I was many hours in.

Naturally I just went "gently caress it" and kept going but I still want to see a playthrough where all my terrible choices reflected. Just don't think it's ever going to happen unless my tolerance for single player MMOs comes back.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like to think that all the main character in DA:I is actually bald and all the hair choices are Trump Brand Wigs. It helps explain why everything looks plastic.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like perhaps DA: Inquisition would be a much better game if you had never heard of or seen an MMO ever before playing it.

It's the closest I've ever seen to a single player MMO.

Not sure about the KMMO comparison though. There was a decided lack of excessively bling armor for the inquisitor.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Trip report: Mass Effect 2 still good.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just played Jack's loyalty mission followed by the Arrival DLC. Talk about a jarring difference in mission quality.

Jack's mission had lot of great dialogue, story nuggets and well paced combat between the talkies. Arrival? Eh, you don't really get to choose more than one prompt at the end which doesn't really change anything and the rest is shooting low grade mooks.
I'm not saying it's the most :effort: DLC I've seen but neither is it in any way worth a purchase for any amount of money. Should have been completely free.

I struggled to see any non-reused assets too (aside from the asteroid FMV cutscenes). Maybe the special reaper artifact? Though it wouldn't surprise me if it was already in game somewhere and I overlooked it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I just want biotics to work through shields again so I can levitate charging krogans off the citadel spire into oblivion.

Er, I mean the alien substitute spire totally original nothing to see here move along preorder now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

Alert me when Ryder can restore health by tearing enemies limb from limb.

Isn't that basically a vanguard?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

OhFunny posted:

Everyone here talking about their space magic.

Space magic ain't no match for my Solider's homing missiles.

Hard to use homing missiles on things you're sending into orbit :dukedog:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A true space wizard does not lower themselves to the use of mere mundane weapons.

Those are strictly for cutscenes.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Drifter posted:

I always thought that was the laziest design choices for cutscene stuff.

Cutscene stuff was totally the laziest. Why else would you use weapons you didn't even equip?

Heck even when a pistol is called for you usually pull out a completely different pistol than the one you are currently carrying.

It's the sci-fi version of the generic execution knife you have in Dragon Age. The same knife you can never actually get in game but produce for all the necessary cutscenes.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
There is no way I'm playing as either Ryder without making custom faces - they both look like chumps. At least my versions will look that way on purpose.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lycus posted:

The different crafting stations was such a dumb choice. I forget, could you fast travel to the crafting room, or did you have to go through the castle every time?

You could fast travel to the main hall but had to manually go through another loading screen through a door.

As far as I remember.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Milky Moor posted:

The Tempest is a ridiculously ugly ship.

It's meant to be unarmed too isn't it?

How many times do you think it gets boarded? I'm guessing at least once, maybe twice.

Ooh maybe you can get shot down too and play collect-a-thon on a barren planet to mine 100 ore and 100 space wood to fix the thing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Torrannor posted:

This is no longer a problem. With the success of the Dragon Age Keep, I bet you will never have to import a save again.

I'm completely happy to lie about my previous game choices so this is fine by me.

Still disappointed my "kill everyone racist elf" from DA:O was canonically killed in an act of selfless heroism. That's totally not what I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What's the bet FemRyder is using the same skeletal animations as MaleRyder this time around?

I'm thinking 100% because there is no other way to explain that waddle run FemShep did in ME3.