Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It was just a really good Horde mode. If you hate the gameplay it isn't going to change your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

A Game of Chess posted:

For my vanguard, I always end up choosing dark channel. Reave is good too but dark channel is better, imo. It's pretty long lasting and "jumps" so you get a lot of mileage out of it.

I think you can set it off again with Charge when it jumps too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They got rid of the Paragon/Renegade system but I hope there are still ways to be a hilarious space rear end in a top hat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Drifter posted:

You're asking why a character in Mass Effect WOULDN'T randomly stick his dick in something alien? :psypop:

Both literal and figurative.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

skooky posted:

how short is ryder actually. i want the hard facts

Ryder short so what

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Even if the story is awful the combat looks rad as hell.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I sure as gently caress hope the squadmate AI is good then if I can't control them at all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Crustashio posted:

Will they prime so the player can detonate stuff though? That's half the fun playing a vanguard.

Even if they do they probably won't prime the target you want.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If the facial animations are this bad when just talking to someone the sex scenes are gonna be loving scary.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DancingShade posted:

Yeah. Pity the magical hair technology used in Tomb Raider 2013 seems to be lost to the ages.

The hair in Horizon: Zero Dawn is pretty good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
[quote="Phi230" post=""470259528"]
bioware

they stole someone's screenshot of their own game to use in MEA art lmao
[/quote]

Why do people assume they stole the art rather than paying the artists?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

quote:

I asked if it was frustrating to spend 5 years on a video game, toiling away, putting their hearts and souls in to characters, gameplay, story and environments, just to have fans explode with negativity about Sarah Ryder's face, and they almost unanimously said "yes" or "I avoid the internet for these reasons" :) Keep in mind the devs are people too, guys.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What are the rewards for the Andromeda Initiative? Just the hat?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DoctorGonzo posted:

So this game is a re skinned ME3. Hopefuly the story is good.

Um what? How can anyone think this?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The DLC stuff is way better than the Baron storyline IMO

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The gameplay.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ObesePriest posted:

So when do we get to have sex with a krogan in this game?

According to early leaks which seem pretty credible no you can't romance a Krogan.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finally got around to watching the gameplay videos and holy poo poo Pull and Throw look hilarious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pawl posted:

Eve says she had a stillborn, but I thought Krogans laid eggs?

The egg was stillborn.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Vitamin P posted:

I'm irrationally annoyed that DadRyder bought a massive chunk of rock he was sentimental about on the ark.

If I hear one word about weight limits having been a thing then my word I'll be angry at that Ryder.

Would weight even be an issue for ships that stay in space?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Monolith. posted:

Wonderful. Are RNG boxes still a thing?

Of course.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
From that article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbd-LTfc5Ho

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Milky Moor posted:

yeah, that line was dreadful. "the more you explore as pathfinder, the more blocks will be removed" - how, why?

Maybe it's supposed to be a security clearance thing?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guy posted his thoughts about the game compared to the RPS article. The bit about the new dialogue system doesn't sound good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5zhdst/mea_spoilers_i_played_20_hours_of_mea_heres_my/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the early access the full multiplayer or is there still stuff locked?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The animation issues are way too big for a Day 1 patch to fix right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If they knew the game was this bad why the gently caress did they let people play it before release? Or did they really not see a problem with it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So anyone have a preference for Scott vs Sara? Sara seems to have the hilariously bad facial animations but how is her voice acting?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Can you pick the highest difficulty from the start or do you have to unlock it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yes there are. There were in ME3 as well.

Do not get close to the thing that looks like it could pick you up and eat you because it can and will do exactly that!!!

Aww Vanguard can't just charge into everything anymore? Guess I should keep a Tech or Biotic profile to deal with those enemies.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Welp

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How exactly how Power Recharge scale to power cooldowns? You can get 110% for Biotic Charge just from the upgrade tree so it can't be 1:1.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any way to store items? Or increase your inventory size?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I've just been dismantling stuff instead of selling it, is that a bad idea? Or will I have more than enough credits from missions and selling salvage?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Tom Taylorson(Scott Ryder's voice actor) is totally Nolan North under a fake name.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What shotgun do you guys recommend for a Vanguard? There are so many guns to choose from it's hard to pick.

Also I found it funny how(Havarl spoilers) you go meet the sages, and they're clear they really don't like you being there, yet you immediately put down a Forward Station in their sanctuary.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

isk posted:

Liking the Crusader, but I Charge/melee a lot more due to skill and gear bonuses (damage, cooldown, etc.). Provided you've got the weight capacity, a good sniper rifle like a Black Widow is helpful for picking off a few targets before charging in (and for variety).

What melee weapon are you using? I made the Asari sword and while it's really strong it's also slow which doesn't help when you're vulnerable after a charge.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh the Dhan looks like a cool shotgun. It's basically a crossbow(single projectile with an arc).

Decius posted:

Have you tried the Remnant ice gauntlet? Low damage, but freezing enemies on hit really is very useful.

Enemies are usually near dead after a charge, melee is just to finish them off. Not much use freezing them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How fast does the Krogan hammer swing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's lacking serious polish in some areas but I like it.