Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Digirat posted:

Did they get rid of sync kills

If you stand too long next to a character their lips synch and reach out 5' to consume you.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Wanna gently caress a Volus

I AM A BIOTIC SEX GOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Deakul posted:

Game gonna be good gonna play the good game gonna... enjoy the game that is good.

You and me both buddy.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Vitamin P posted:

I'm irrationally annoyed that DadRyder bought a massive chunk of rock he was sentimental about on the ark.

We've known about Scott's head for weeks, though?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

quote:

I was surprised to find that the tutorial mission had several optional side-quests I could pursue, and that the map was so big, I had multiple path options too. In the mission you can watch above, there’s an obvious critical path, but you can also stop and investigate more of the planet, if you’d like. So many choices! The game feels more on the scale of Dragon Age Inquisition, though I haven’t seen any filler yet.

To wit, all the side-quests I’ve seen thus far were really interesting, including figuring out what to do with the first potential murder of Andromeda, to investigating who the hell keeps sabotaging some ship tech.

That's encouraging; 5 hours is a decent amount of time to play without thinking "oh this is boring filler". I feel like DA:I hit you with that by then.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ainsley McTree posted:

What are you trying to install? ME:A isn't available for preload yet is it? I signed up for origin access but my andromeda just says "preload available on the 17th" which i'm sure can't be true since I paid $5 like a winner to play it on the 16th (and also saved $6 on the preorder so actually, I'm smart)

if you go to the EA access section you can click the trial and it adds one that preloads tomorrow :ssh:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

That's encouraging; 5 hours is a decent amount of time to play without thinking "oh this is boring filler". I feel like DA:I hit you with that by then.

If the game took 5 years because they were busy making sure all of the side content was actual content, then I'm cool all the animation faux pas in the world. I do have my doubts, though.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Multiplayer looks cool and good.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Unless I can play a Vorcha scampering about turning people into ash with my flamethrower multiplayer can go gently caress itself.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ainsley McTree posted:

What are you trying to install? ME:A isn't available for preload yet is it? I signed up for origin access but my andromeda just says "preload available on the 17th" which i'm sure can't be true since I paid $5 like a winner to play it on the 16th (and also saved $6 on the preorder so actually, I'm smart)

I was trying to install Mass Effect 3 since I didn't have it on PC and it comes free with Origin Access.

I seem to have found a solution. I go into msconfig and disable the Origin client. Then Origin will download and install files. ME3 doesn't want to launch because I don't have the right PhysX, but that's not exactly a problem with Origin itself, so I feel tentatively victorious over this dumb, dumb problem.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bud K ninja sword posted:

if you go to the EA access section you can click the trial and it adds one that preloads tomorrow :ssh:

Hmm...I'm still confused; I see it here:

But when I click it it just brings me to the store page, where it says I preordered, got the access discount, and it unlocks 3/21; nothing about a trial

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well the preload doesn't become available until tomorrow, so I imagine that's when you'll get a button to push like there is for the Battlefield 1 trial right below the one in your picture.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Vitamin P posted:

I'm irrationally annoyed that DadRyder bought a massive chunk of rock he was sentimental about on the ark.

If I hear one word about weight limits having been a thing then my word I'll be angry at that Ryder.

Would weight even be an issue for ships that stay in space?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Captain Oblivious posted:

Are we talking about the same Origin that literally did not have a functioning password reset system for years, necessitating esoteric workarounds involving creating a SWTOR account to reset ones password?

No idea what you're talking about. I've had Origin since 2012 and have reset my password many times right from the GUI.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Still really excited to play more Mass Effect, still gonna vent Jaal into the heartless void if the game lets me.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Trast posted:

Multiplayer looks cool and good.

When I got ME3, I played this first and had a great time. Fast forward 400 more hours; very worth my 60 bucks plus all that free content timed just as I was getting bored. Hopefully MEA scratches that itch again.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ainsley McTree posted:

Hmm...I'm still confused; I see it here:

But when I click it it just brings me to the store page, where it says I preordered, got the access discount, and it unlocks 3/21; nothing about a trial

:shrug:

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I can't wait to run around jump pack charging things with my krogan bff

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah, I definitely don't have that, or any apparent button that gives it to me

Well I have two days to figure it out I guess

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think the Kotaku guy is on drugs or something because I was following some dude's stream and there was very much empty terrain driving with the Mako for long periods of time, no combat, just scanning glyphs. What I would call "boring filler."

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, I definitely don't have that, or any apparent button that gives it to me

Well I have two days to figure it out I guess

I saw some people say they had to do it from the website and not the app. I wouldn't worry about it though it'll probably show up when it's available. I had it in my library and then it disappeared for awhile and then it came back so it's been weird.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Monolith. posted:

When I got ME3, I played this first and had a great time. Fast forward 400 more hours; very worth my 60 bucks plus all that free content timed just as I was getting bored. Hopefully MEA scratches that itch again.

ME:A MP DLC is going to be free to download just like ME3 too!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

She seems as decidedly unimpressed with her own nickname as the rest of the goddamn universe.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

So what's her full name?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Turbl posted:

I saw some people say they had to do it from the website and not the app. I wouldn't worry about it though it'll probably show up when it's available. I had it in my library and then it disappeared for awhile and then it came back so it's been weird.

Yeah it's not even available for preload yet so I don't care too much right now. I have until 12:01 on 3/16 to start panicking

DO IT TO IT posted:

So what's her full name?

Peeebeee

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

DO IT TO IT posted:

So what's her full name?

Pelessaria B'Sayle

Which is the kind of name someone comes up with when their starting point is, "I want this character's nickname to be 'Peebee'."

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Ouch, yeah...
I do miss the old days of RPGs when you could just rename every character.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Or their parents want them posted in this thread.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The most important video: flirting

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Hernandez also wrote a maligned article that called out Inquisition's filler, so I'm a little more inclined to believe her on this subject than other writers.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This game is going to be as good as my posts in this thread

(which are good)

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Trast posted:

ME:A MP DLC is going to be free to download just like ME3 too!

Wonderful. Are RNG boxes still a thing?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

So I can make Ryder awkwardly flirt with anything that moves? GOTY right there.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Watching the Kotaku video and hoo boy the human facial animation is bad. The aliens are way better for some reason. Dude Ryder also had the dumbest loving walk I've seen in a game in a long time in that scene on the bridge. The combat looks sweet as hell, against all odds.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Locked out of homosex with certain characters? Pre-order loving canceled.

More dialogue than 2 and 3. HEH

Fresh Shesh Besh fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 14, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Monolith. posted:

Wonderful. Are RNG boxes still a thing?

Of course.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Apparently there's going to be a store with a rotating stock where you can buy specific items but I wouldn't be surprised if those were very expensive or required a secondary currency

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the impressions I've been reading have all been pretty positive. Game good against all odds!?

Serf
May 5, 2011

I wonder if all the hitching is in the game itself or an issue with the video capture. Must be the latter, since it isn't mentioned. Also the kett run around with a hilariously bad animation, they look like early Quake characters ice skating along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Apparently there's going to be a store with a rotating stock where you can buy specific items but I wouldn't be surprised if those were very expensive or required a secondary currency

It uses mission funds, which you earn from special missions (preset maps and modifiers).