Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

incoherent posted:

I just wanna know how hosed earth\milky way is after all those races stuck there after the explosions of the gates. Sures, its 600 years after ME3 but they can't gloss over it.

THey died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Inquisition is a really quite ambitious and intriguing single player RPG, that for some reason Bioware built in the shell of a really bad MMO and then also the back half of the game forgets all the good stuff and it just gets worse and worse as it drags on for a thousand plus hours.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Soap! Your knife has overheated! Now, remember; switching to a reloading mechanic is always more fun than a cooldown mechanic.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

*Runs or of ammo in a universe where they have unlimited-round magazines*

Seriously, they couldn't even be bothered to come up with a 'quality' in-universe reason for the switch.

A blended mechanic where you have over-heating but can use cooling-magazines to instantly reset your heat would have made more sense.

I don't care about any of that, dude.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I don't want to sound like I'm being contrarian just for the sake of it; but actually, I disagree, Idris Elba IS an elf.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mymla posted:

Mass effect 2 had better combat in every single way, and going from heat to ammo was a large part of that.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I Kett believe how uninspired these designs are.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Mass Effect 1's environments are so beautiful that they made you walk through the three of them a thousand times over the course of the game.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

ME2 was viciously robbed at the Spike Video Game Awards.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I actually don't remember, but it was some dumb game of the decade thing in 2010, I think?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rinkles posted:

You can take off your helmet, but you lose the associated buff.

It's hard sci-fi.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1OGexjaP1U

lmao

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Max Payne 3 is good as hell.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Alpha Protocol's dialogue system was cool because literally the first or second conversation you have, your boss explains that Thorton will want to cloak his true intentions and only say what he thinks someone will want to hear in his role as a superspy and yet people still complained about how their Thorton wasn't 'consistent' and seemed like a self-interested sociopath.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It also played with that conceit in interesting ways; like if you tried to deliberately piss Marburg off, but acted differently outside of that, he'd know because he's, y'know, also a superspy, and it wouldn't work on goading him into facing off with you.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Also the combat systems, mechanics and encounter design are all garbage.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zane posted:

Yes and these were all still miles better in da2 than da1 and especially da3 what can I tell you

No, they weren't.

Origins is bugged, but it's a pretty sensible attempt at updating an older style of game for the current time period and it's all tied together with systems far more satisfying than 'Mash A to pretend this is an action game'.

Inquisition has interesting encounters in some spots and at least tries to build an interesting framework with what 2 tried and failed to do, as much as it's hamstrung, the moment to moment combat is still way more satisfying.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Moola posted:

nah da1 had the cool dog

This, also.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm going to have to disagree and here's my reasoning: Dragon Age 2 is the worst game ever made.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I don't think particularly highly of The Witcher games, and yeah, they're better than the Dragon Age series, which I'm somewhat fond of, to a ridiculous degree.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I don't think there being a lot of sex in the Witcher 3 is equivalent to it being bad in the same way that it is in Bioware games.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Zore posted:

They can both be poo poo.

Like, disliking one does not mean the other is magically good. There is no scale that says 'CDPR/BIOWARE' and you have to like one and hate the other.

There is.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Geralt is my strong friend.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Somebody ban that dude.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

The SHEPARD sytem.

See a vision from a Prothean Artifact
Help a Quarian bring evidence to the Council
Explore the galaxy for leads
Pursue Saren
Assault the Conduit
Retake the Citadel
Demonstrate value.

lol, good grief.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The Reapers; so mysterious and exotic.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Blackwall's mission started off good as hell and then I can't remember how it ended, so like most of Dragon Age: Inquisiton is probably kind of boring and forgettable.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sebastian was DLC, so it's definitely possible to miss that dude.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Android Blues posted:

Oh yeah, for sure, I just mean you can miss him even if he's installed if you just choose never to go hang out with him.

Ah, that makes more sense.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They didn't cut him. Wall elected not to do the soundtrack.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Harbinger asked for too much money and unrestricted access to the mass relay network, so they decided not to bring him back for Mass Effect 3.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

Chobot's inclusion was kinda weird because like who was on the fence about buying ME3 and then was like "oh dang Chobot is in it? sold!"

like it didn't gain them anything and took stuff off the table

I wasn't going to buy it until I found out about the Chobes' inclusion.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I could beat Aaron Flynn in a fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually the start and end of ME2 are interesting but very flawed.

Useless death and terminator reaper

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Agreed. RPGNexus must be destroyed.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh wait, that's RPG Codex I'm thinking of. Ah well, whatever.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

If you ever think that people in this thread are insane and have crazy brains, well, A) You're right but B) RPG Codex is a website where people pick over screenshot of female characters in isometric CRPG's and say things like, "If you can't see the agenda here, you're blind" to each other in all seriousness, so y'know.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

If you grab a gun fast, you might get hurt.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The retroactive, rose-tinted re imagining of Mass Effect as some kind of trend setting, boundary pushing innovator, forging ahead to build a new future for RPGs is really hilarious when you think about how generic that game actually is in almost every area mechanically.

Android Blues posted:

Also, if you really try it's possible to never mend the fence with the Virmire survivor and shoot them dead while they're protecting Udina on the Citadel, and it's not even a simple dialogue choice, it's also a series of taking renegade interrupts/not taking paragon interrupts. That's rad that that's in there when they could have easily just put you on the rails towards reconciliation.

The stuff like that is really cool. One big thing in ME3's favor is that in a lot of cases it really does try to do the heavy choice and consequence lifting that Bioware generally shy away from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

[lmao, some kid sitting, weeping with joy as he clicks on a featureless rock and plays a QTE in order to collect a resource collection mini-game sidequest:] this is wildly original