Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

This game is gonna be awful and every message board on the planet is going to be filled with "Is it possible to romance BOTH Peebee and CookieButt'r?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Flo' Ryder (Feat. PeeBee): Hyperion (Andromeda Mix)

4/5 stars
Sick beats, but some of the lyrics seems coy and crowd-pleasing.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

That was the best part of Alpha Protocol, too. You could try to hit on the cute reporter sitting next to you on the plane with a bunch of cheesy "suave" remarks and instead of looking like James Bond, she immediately wants to switch seats.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

*Mac Walters furiously typing up the script with a kid talking about how the protagonist must either kill his computer girlfriend or imprint circuit boards into every dog in the galaxy*
"Someone else might have gotten it wrong"

*Leans back in chair, smugly smiles*

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Does anyone like Aria as a character?

E: other than the writers, I guess

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Lt. Danger posted:

I admit it, it is true; I do not get worked up over leisure entertainment.

lol

But lets talk about the mass effect 1 ending. It seems weird that out of nowhere they give you the choice "let the space UN die" or "turn all the establishment allies into Vichy France". Out of scope of the previous choices?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Squad:

Male Human: The ex-cop. So he's gonna be kind of like a tough, streetwise dude who wanted adventure. Over the course of the game you can convince him not to be racist.
Female Human: Love interest. Antagonistic and challenges your choices until you pick the "nice" dialogue option to her three times.
Female Turian: She'll be tough and by-the-book and have almost no other defining characteristics.
Asari: Named "PeeBee", looks stupid. Gonna be peppy, young, eager to prove herself. Will hilariously activate one of the ancient alien artifacts due to excessive curiosity.
Krogan: Iron Bill or whatever. He'll be gruff and good in a fight but also sensitive and be all like "why can't people think of my people as more than just violent killers?" His loyalty mission will be negotiating peace between his clan and like some other one.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

My character was making conversation with the gay mage dude and out of nowhere he starts hitting on me and, my character not being gay, and me also not wanting to play a Japanese dating simulator, politely declined. He had a hugely negative reaction and there were basically no more dialogue options for the rest of the game.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol this doesn't happen, you probably flirted with him a bunch and then broke his heart once you gay panicked

:captainpop:

:gay:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I'm Pathfinder Ryder, and this is my favorite store on the Hyperion

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

"Quirky, impulsive, goofy... Her jokes don't land....people roll their eyes at her...Spontaneous and authentic"

:allears:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

i assume vetra's visor looks better in motion because it just seems to obscure half her face in those shots

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Who is running the marketing for this company? By far the most information we've had is on some awful character that everybody hates, and they were jealously hoarding the gameplay video which looks........ actually really good?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Ryders in the vents again. Someone get the Asari.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I'm going to make Ryder look like Mike Stolkas and walk around belittling my teammates

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

moaning "what's wrong with your faaaaaaaace" at every npc you encounter would be in keeping with the character after all

The Andromeda Galaxy is the most disappointing thing since my son.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Why would you buy a PS4 when you could have a good console with good connection speeds that most (all, in my case) of the games you want to play come out on, with free Xbox 360 backcompatibility, with two (EA and Non-EA) Netflix-like services with large libraries which allow you to download all the currently available games you like versus streaming them, which also happens to be the most affordable Ultra BluRay player on the market instead?

People make weird choices driven by peer pressure I guess.

What happened?
:coolfish::wth:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

This game is gonna be real bad.

That's why I preordered, and took a week off. I want to really, really be able to post on webpages about how bad this game is.

I'm also mad at anyone who hasn't preordered yet.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The perfect girl doesn't exis....

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

You vs the girl she tells you not to worry about

Preorder confirmed

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Phi230 posted:

Witcher 3 set such a high bar that it should have lit a fire under Bioware and Bethesda asses to make better games but here we are. Lazy. Sad!

How low has Marc Waters gone to tapp the rogue scholar asari. This is Witcher/Triss. Bad (or sick) guy!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

So are people playing yet? What's the initial verdict?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

This game is going to be as good as my posts in this thread

Preorder cancelled.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Nordick posted:

Plus the Reapers are programmed to kill everything in the galaxy, if they found the arks outside the galaxy they'd just be like "Welp Jim, they're outside our jurisdiction now, nothin' we can do"

*the Tempest, with a giant Confederate flag painted on the brow, charging toward a mass effect relay with six reapers chasing close behind*
"Eh, looks like them Ryder siblings are at it again!"
*Tempest does a sweet gravity jump around a planet, Reapers fall in and get stuck in mud*
"Yeeeeeeee-hah! Once dem boys hit the relay, ain't no way the Reapers gon' get them back."

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Honestly, the 4 "classes" of weapons in games (pistols, SMGs, shotguns, and rifles/long guns) make no sense to include. They either overlap or fill entirely different roles, and it's weird for a game to try to accommodate them all. Game fights are radically close quarters, so pistols and SMGs (which are just rof variants of the same gun) often hold their own against shotguns and rifles; so we have to make shotguns also good at close quarters but then balance that by making them insane garbage past five feet, and that leaves rifles for long distance, so we give them lots of range and damage but even in the future they are bolt action to maintain balance.

*Daisy Rider puts six bullets through the same hole on target*
"Gee, Daisy! You sure are swell!"
"Thank you kindly, Drack, but you ain't so bad ya'll-self!"
*Boss Kett seethes*
"As long as I'm the Cluster Commissioner in the great Galaxy of Andromeda, you two are gonna rot in the penitentiary. Cuff them!"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Thank you for bravely standing against the tide of jerk gamers who want to laugh at a bad game, cams

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

who worked in the gayme industry

WHOM! And your god damned father. I'm sorry. My face is tired for dealing with. Everything.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Mymla posted:

Honestly, I kinda want to play witcher 3, but I really don't want to play as Gerald from the River.

I hear this a lot but it really worked well the way it played out. Instead of the game designers needing to plan six wildly different characters (man/woman) (professional/goofy) (gay/straight) and so you end up getting a ton of choices that don't mean anything and dialogue that doesn't change anything so they can accommodate a range of characters.

Geralt is an old guy with a very special set of skills, looking for his daughter. He's basically fantasy Taken and the game gets to play with his backstory, relationships, and who *this* guy is in the world, which means more interesting quests, better dialogue, etc. etc.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

PerilPastry posted:

Are the side quests fun at least? I didn't really enjoy Dragon Age: Inquisition too much but what made me drop it was all the bland MMO style fetch quests

Someone said it was like a 2004 Korean MMO.

Compare that to the Witcher 3 sidequests. One of which you have to backtrack a decade-old murder to figure out how to break a ghost's curse, or hunt a beast that reveals a town's buried secrets, or take a job from a guy who has all the facts of the beast wrong, or or or...

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I know there is a huge amount of :tinfoil: around here but is the mass effect subreddit has GOT to be full of shills, right? Every thread is "Oh the animations aren't that bad. Everyone is trashing the dialogue but I actually love the characters! omg guys the combat is the best!"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Shepard, I think I've found the problem.

lol

every time i try to read a subreddit i come running back to these forums.

At least here we don't get endless chains of puns and people turning everything into song lyric references.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Zzulu posted:

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, the game has a lot of potential and the demo has been ~fun~

At least with that AV I can reasonably sure you're not a shill.

Can't be 100%...this is bioware we're talking about.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

On careful reflection, I will not buy this game.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

It's amazing how little it takes for rabid internet fans of something to turn on an attractive woman involved in the thing they love.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Caught the end of the stream.

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Yep, these ends are also bad

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Red Mundus posted:

That can't be real, can it? Holy poo poo if it is.

No he's joking.

It's from a romance scene.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Seriously, all hands on deck. THE ENDS ARE BAD, PEOPLE. The ends are bad again. I need everybody posting on this one! THE ENDS ARE BAD!!!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

"Man, what is wrong with that poetry chick?"

"I know! She's all, 'Uhhh, my face is tired, uhhhhh...'."

"What? Heard you talkin' poo poo, like I wouldn't find out?!"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

ME: Andromeda - As large as the Milky Way. One of a hundred galaxies. A hundred billion bugs. Now I think we are small enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

ME: Andromeda - Butts animated better than faces

Where did the five years go? Was this always going to be set in a new galaxy? Did they change engines halfway through?

ME: Andromeda - What happened?

E: My vote

Number Ten Cocks posted:

ME: Andromeda - Don't Play It, SAM

poisonpill fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 20, 2017