Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
You're going to be able to have sex with a character named "Peebee" in this video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Pattonesque posted:

I don't think the team wants to overwhelm players with a bunch of weirdo aliens

They should, because the weirdo aliens are cool.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wonder how long it will take until it's revealed that the human supremacist group Cerberus infiltrated humanity's ark ship.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The only thing I really liked about sarcastic Hawke were the NPCs going " what is wrong with you" when you'd make a lame wisecrack in a completely inappropriate situation

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I actually kinda, sorta liked the second act of dragon age 2 but the third act was so bad that I just started using console commands to kill everything so I could just get to the dumb ending without having to sit through anymore tiresome demon mobs. I never played the game again or bought any of the dlc which is rare for me who usually gobbles up whatever Bioware shits out.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

euphronius posted:

Just realized Sheppard commits tons of sexual harassment and should be sued into oblivion

Come on, Miranda. You want this.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The only function Garrus had in the first Mass Effect was to debate police procedure with the player as a function of the Paragon/Renegade morality system.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

There's not necessarily anything wrong with this. Characters can serve as focii for specific aspects of the game universe or mechanics. Not every character needs to have some deep and meaningful personal relationship with the powerful self insert protagonist.

There isn't, but then they completely changed his relationship with the protagonist for the remainder of the series because a bunch of weirdos wanted to gently caress him.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I can't wait to scan plants and minerals alongside my companions, New Wrex and New Garrus but a Girl.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Dan Didio posted:

Were global cooldowns a lore aspect.

At least with biotics they talk about how it requires a lot of energy and is physically exhausting for the user, so that's kinda something. It comes up during the Grissom Academy quest in ME3 where Jack's students need to take a break, and then Jack and Liara explain to a biotic Shepard that using biotics is tiring, as if Shepard wouldn't already know that.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I think the Mars mission in ME3 was very good. Does anybody else feel this way? The sexbot chase was solid as was the end of the mission with kaidan getting thrashed around.

I liked how if you were armed with a slow firing pistol on a NG+ run, you would always fail the part where it goes into slowmo and you have to shoot the robot as it runs at you, you'd never be able to shoot it enough times to stop it. The only way out was to reload a save from before the chase and change your pistol.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I liked Wrex dead but Mordin alive for Tuchanka, it allows you to pick a resolution to the storyline that you can't get otherwise.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

CharlestonJew posted:

If you do Wrex's loyalty quest you don't need a single point in charm or intimidate

You can also get him to stand down by default if you don't recruit Garrus and haven't been to Therum to pick up Liara yet. Since Kaidan and Ashley both become unavailable during the mission, your only squad member left would be Tali. You're not allowed to have only one person in your squad so Wrex sticks around.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Zzulu posted:

This wouldnt work too well with the ME games though because a lot of the time you got like 4 words of text to describe what the choice was and then you clicked it and an entire cutscene where shepard does a lot of stuff you could never have predicted would happen

The colors was sometimes the only indicator where the hell the choice might be headed

I liked the one in Witcher 3 where "(push Dijkstra aside forcefully)" really meant knock him down and break his fuckin leg

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

marshmallow creep posted:

There are also reports saying we can count on a "magnificent seven" recruitable characters at launch, including Drack the Krogan and our friend the turian. There's also something mentioning a biotic named "Cora" which may be the real name of our asari friend Peebee. And of course we have Liam, who is supposed to be a human police officer that signed up with Ryder. That leaves two or three unaccounted for so far.

I think the current assumption is that Cora is the female human companion that you start the game with, the old survey leaks that have mostly come true mentioned a blonde woman as a squad member. They haven't shown either human companion without their helmets on yet though.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

FronzelNeekburm posted:

"Your father had better endurance in bed, Ryder."

That quote about us being more connected emotionally to SAM is interesting because I hope they actually create that connection with the player instead of just saying that it was your dad's AI and you've known it a long time so you care about it, read the tie in novel about Alec Ryder to learn more. The reason why the players connected with EDI in Mass Effect 2 is that they met and grew to like and trust her along with Shepard as the game went on.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's crazy to me that anybody would preorder this game before we even know exactly how fuckable the human companions are.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Drifter posted:

I don't remember Samara saying there were 'only 3' Yakshis, just that all of her daughters were them.

She does - she says "As far as I know, only three exist today. Two chose a life of seclusion. The third ran." Then once she discloses that Morinth is her daughter, if Shepard asks her how many children she has, she says "Three. And three Ardat-Yakshi are in existence today. It is as it sounds."

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lord Lambeth posted:

It also made Jacob's loyalty mission make no sense. His dad has been stranded on a planet for 10 years but thermal clips have only been around for 2? Dude was really ahead of the curve there.

The geth stopped by and dropped some of their sick new weapons down.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They should have come up with a better nickname for the character than Peebee, imo

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
One of the party members in the old games was an asari scientist that loved to explore old alien ruins and had a serious and socially awkward personality. One of the party members in the new game is an asari scientist who loves to explore old alien ruins and has a carefree and outgoing personality.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I forgot; did they ever explain why you never see female turians in the main trilogy?

They couldn't think of a way to make them look feminine beyond giving them breasts

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

nerdz posted:

At least Peebee isn't wearing a skintight suit. I like the coat+powerlifting belt tightened all the way up.

Also did anyone notice that she has tech skills and not biotic. She probably does it to be more random. She was tricked into going to the expedition by her sisters where so sick of her drat poo poo.

It looks like she has one tech power, Invasion, and two biotic powers, Pull and Shockwave. So she's like a sentinel.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Join the Pathfinder, Defaultprofile Ryder, as he explores the unknown in Mass Effect: Andromeda

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
If I was to complain about an animation lacking weight it would be the weak little omni tool jab that Ryder did in the latest video, although I did not like the omni tool melee attacks in ME3 either for the same reason and the biotic melees were way better.

Enemies do go flying when you charge them in the old games too, but only if their shield/armor/barrier is gone. Otherwise they just stagger. It was the whole basis of the batarian vanguard multiplayer character where you would charge something and then do a punch and cause your guy to slide across the floor following the ragdoll enemy.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The only weapon I never got was the geth chaingun, although the game had pretty much run its course for me by the time it came out and I didn't play for too much longer after that. Still I was hooked on the mulitplayer for like a year and I hope the new game's multiplayer is also good, as that is probably what would make or break my purchase decision for this.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

marshmallow creep posted:

Is Jaal a quarian? Is Jaal a Salarian? Is Jaal a kett? Is Jaal an angaran? Did you know that angaran is apparently the (fanon?) name for these guys?

"I have a sample size of a dozen of which three names end in L. This makes it extremely likely this person whose name ends in L must be a quarian, and male, so I can gently caress Tali-but-with-a-dick-this-time."

I hope that quarians aren't in the game at all, and possibly not even mentioned, specifically to disappoint whoever posted that on whatever forum.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'd bet on there being a new Andromeda race squad member, although it would be funny if they made a game about exploring a new alien galaxy and then your entire cast are re-treads

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think Mass Effect's gameplay works better for multiplayer than Dragon Age. The loot grinding in Dragon Age was extremely tedious as well since most of the random booster packs contained only garbage. You had to be crazy to spend any real money on it because there wasn't even a guaranteed rare item in more expensive packs.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wonder if this krogan will be an old battlemaster working as a mercenary who was once disillusioned by the bleak future of his race but agrees to go on this expedition in hopes of leading his people to a new beginning

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Kurieg posted:

Is Peebee the sentinel?

She had both biotic and tech abilities in that one trailer so it seems that way.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I'll admit it: I'm probably going to gigglesquee while playing Mass Effect: Andromeda

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The "Joker and EDI fight like an old married couple" jokes were taken to their logical conclusion - EDI got a hot robot body and Joker hosed her

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
You used to have to unlock big head mode in games back in the day.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Scott Ryder looks pretty much exactly like his model but I don't think anybody would have even known that Sara was also a scan of a real person if the model hadn't posted on her Instagram about it

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
New Garrus is giving the series something it's sorely needed, a character not afraid to wear a cape

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope that Vetra does not have a romance plot (she will)

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The turian squad member has to wear a visor, because Garrus wore a visor.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Drifter posted:

Don't lots of them wear a visor when they're out fighting? Or was that not the case? I mean, lots of navy seals and poo poo wear sunglasses. I'm literally a navy seal slash expert army ranger sniper, so I would know this factoid.

I don't recall any other turians ever wearing a visor, it kinda just became the signature thing for Garrus and he never appeared without it, even when he was out of his combat armor. Jaal's "monocle" is probably supposed to be a similar sniper's tool. Vetra's bio also says that her abilities focus on strengthening her shields and her visor kinda looks like the Sentry Interface from the old games, which strengthened Shepard's shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Apparently the squad member that they cut was a salarian so I hope that the buff multiplayer salarian in the heavy armor is a re-purposing of that character