Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'd be surprised if Quarians aren't in Andromeda.

Edit:

Great way to start a new page...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Hey if you want to see a better picture of the Kett

http://bsn.boards.net/thread/2082/game-informer-details?page=6

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

My money's on a Kett party member

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Well, I submitted an application for the multiplayer Beta

Forgot what my N7 score was and my Xbox 360 is in storage so I had to flub it and said it was 554 or something. Hope I can still get in.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

BTW, since I haven't seen it in the thread of OP, if you go to https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative/training-hub and watch all the videos that will probable come out in the next 5 months, you can get a sweet in-game helmet.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah I included that link under DLC since it's for promotional DLC items.

Oh yeah, must have missed it. Sorry.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

But the Mass Effect galaxy isn't. There are inactive Relays, whole sections of space that can't be reached because there's no way to get there.

But let's just do a massive construction project and fire it off on a six-hundred year journey, because...

The Citadel Council pretty much banned unlocking Relays willy-nilly, doing that was what started the Rachni Wars and Humanity trying to do it started the First Contact War. The AI is a privately funded endeavor that, to me, pretty much says "oh, you won't let us explore the other 99% of the Milky Way? Fine, we'll go to another galaxy and explore/expand there."

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Trast posted:

I wish Bioware wasn't so stingy with in game skeletons. It's what limits them to humanoid aliens. Blizzard has a unique skeleton for each character in Overwatch which is crazy.

But they're all humanoid too...

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

new screenshot -- looks like you probably get DadRyder's armor at some point

The hair looks better

And I'm not the only one who sees Cullen when I look at Scott Ryder, am I?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I honesty don't have a problem with the Kett (Khett?)

They look like cool rock people to me

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Forgive me if this is an off topic, but there has been something that has been bugging me for a long time.

In Mass Effect 3, there are these incidental conversations that make up their own subplots. One that sticks with me is on the citadel, where you have a Batarian refugee and Human refugee sitting together. Basically, the human dude is reminiscing about his time on earth, while the Batarian is barely tolerating him. Eventually, the Batarian lashes out, which is one part annoyance and another part him being distraught over his own planet, which was being stomped on by the Reapers.

I never caught the end of that conversation series. Around that time I heard about the ending being disappointing and that kind of sapped my will to play, as good as the game generally was. What, if anything, was the followup to that?

It's been a while since I played ME 3, but I believe that the Batarian Refugee recalls where he was when the Reapers hit his homeworld (he was working on a Satellite and had front row view of his planet getting invaded) and the Human Refugee tells where he was (fishing on a boat when one of the Reapers almost landed on top of him). At the end the two bond, and the Batarian Refugee decides to see if his family made it off world and the human decides to enlist.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Doesn't the OP say that the MEA Team do not want to make the Kett the overarching Bad Guys like the Reapers were?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Mymla posted:

Controversial opinion: new aliens look fine. Can't wait to shoot them in the face with my gun. And then hang out with my one alien friend that proves I'm not racist.

:same:

Edit:

"I know those are bone, my Kett best friend said it's alright to say Rock People."

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 17, 2016

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Veks posted:

There will be no female Kett, you know this already :v:

Actually, if you can believe a tweet from Mac Walters, the Andromeda species that has both genders will be represented in the game.

And that the hoop head alien at the end of the N7 Day trailer may be a female Kett.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah that's actually a little funny

Ah well, the Tempest and Mako 2.0 still look cool

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

drat it the puns have started.

Gotta quarian this thread before it... spreads.... :stare:

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

gently caress double post

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I can't think of anything worse than an endless string of "peep my sick ref" video game puns, what is this, Reddit?

It is something awful, isn't it?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

comatose posted:

Even though ME3 left me super disappointed, I'm on the hype train for Andromeda. I didn't really like DAI because of the combat and all the pointless filler busy work that was on every map and I'm secretly scared that Andromeda will have the same thing. :ohdear:

I made my peace with the Mass Effect 3 ending, I liked Inquisition, and though Trespasser was outstanding. So I'm looking forward to Andromeda as well.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

if this game is DA:I but in space I'm totally buying. should I play the other Mass Effects before this comes out? I figure I might pick them up as something to do after finals and they might be on sale as a part of the Black Friday sale on Xbox so it could be a worthwhile investment

Play it, the games mostly hold up and you can get acquainted with the Milky Way Races

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

So like,

what happened to the reapers? Did they pick a canon ending?

Where did the galaxy cleansing godmachines gooo

Shepard ended the Reaper War, or didn't.

Forget about it and check out these cool Rock People chilling in Andromeda until we come and gently caress their poo poo up

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

What does the female protagonist look like? This new male one is somehow more generic than Shephard

You can see her in the OP as well.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

Hope for Sarcastic-Ryder has increased, because Sarcastic-Hawke that was the only good thing about Dragon Age 2.

Sarcastic Hawke is overrated.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/11/21/getting-to-know-the-tempest-mass-effects-new-normandy.aspx

Highlights include our pilot being a Salarian and possibly collecting rocks.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I enjoyed parts of DA:I but Trespasser got me invested in the story, so I'm looking forward to DA4.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Isn't there a dig on Dragon Age in Blood and Wine?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

I believe it's a reference to a dev who used to work for Bioware but now works for CD Projekt Red.

Now I wonder if Those Across the Sea/The Executors are a reference to the Witcher...

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Witcher is good but i prefer high fantasy stuff in my rpgs to whatever the stuff in witcher is called

Dark Fantasy?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Didn't doing his family armor quest turn the blue/red options into regular text options?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

December 1 cannot come soon enough, then the thread will complain about the gameplay.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

What's happening Dec 1st?

Video Game Awards featuring the gameplay reveal for ME:A

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

That's because the other DA games are bad.

That said on PC Origins I just used a mod to unlock all the tactics slots and make the conditionals more complicated. Turns out a mage that knows how to cast sleep into waking nightmare on my target and chug a mana potion at low mana consistently is as useful as an AI needs to be to not need supervision.

Anyway, everything mentioned in that update sounds like a laundry list of things I don't want to see in the game. It's basically what developers do when they've run out of actual ideas and want to get in on that hot rear end open world gameplay gimmick that everyone loves. The entire point was that ME:2, the best game in the series cut away all the mindless bullshit and presented you with objectives that in large, always meant something valuable to either the story or you as a player.

What were you expecting when the main idea behind ME:A is "explore a new galaxy?"

It already has the Loyalty Missions, the thing that made ME2 good.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Moola posted:

can you respec in DA:I?

I made my character a bow rogue and I regret it

Near the blacksmith, there is a banner you can interact with as a vendor. It sells an item you can use to refund your skill points.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

no bones about it posted:

Watch them find a way to sneak Quarians/Krogans/Hanar/Elcor/Volus into the new galaxy, as stowaways or them sending another ark or some deus ex machina poo poo. Haven't thought exactly how'd they do it though. ME3's story was so bad and lovely when I wanted it to be good :(

They'll all probably be on the Nexus, it's definitely going to be the Citadel equivalent for Andromeda

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Can't believe no one brought up "Vent Master" Thane

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I cannot wait for tomorrow and the gameplay premier

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I liked what I saw

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

That rocket jump to Biotic Charge was sweet. Can't wait to see the gif of it.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Trailer's up: https://youtu.be/t-U-qjs0gZc

And if you pause at 2:17, you get a good look at another Andromeda species

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The Nexus, a Citadel-like Arc housing a lot more people than the 4 arcs for the Humans, Turians, Salarians, and Asari, went ahead of the other Arcs.