Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

BexGu posted:

I've never paid attention to Destiny 2 what's it problems? Too repative?

The most vocal complaints I've heard is that it plays like an MMO but with little post-main story content, and lootboxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this is false because otherwise there'd be gay turians

There are gay Turians

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

where are they. where are they. where are they.

Vetra is Bi and can be in a relationship with f!Ryder

But you also meet a former Turian Specter who is in a gay relationship with the Turian Pathfinder

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Boy Ryder doesn't get any interesting partners. Smh.

They made Jaal Bi in a patch, so that may interest you

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

lol bioware is so hosed

Starfield, Cyberpunk, and Assassin's Creed is eating their lunch

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Radio Free Kobold posted:

this image has been waiting years for this exact moment

It's gotta be updated with Bioware in the dead pile and Respawn about to get their brains blown out

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't tell the aliens from the animals

Hanar are big jellyfish and Keepers are big bugs

But one is sapient with their own culture and religion and stuff and the other are mindless drones

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Remember how the Quarian Arc was teased as DLC, but Andromeda killed Mass Effect so it got demoted to a tie in book?

Well it was released in November, and I found a summary of it. And... well...

Our story opens up to a random techie running patches on the Keeyah' Si'yah in Sigurd's Cradle right before its launch. He gives us his life story and begins talking about the time he's recently spent in a nearby spacestation housing all the workers. Apparently him a couple others have been assigned these little odd jobs to modify code in the cryo-bays of the Ark by a mysterious benefactor. He does so, gets his money and gets his head blown off right after in the dark.

Now the story turns to Sleepwalker Team Blue-7 as they awake 30 years ahead of their assigned arrival to the Nexus - Sleepwalkers being teams assigned to checking on the Ark's status, running cryopod maintenance, etc - where we get introduced to our main cast: a quarian techie*, an elcor family physician, the closest thing Khar'shan has to a batarian soccer mom, a volus tailor, a drell detective, and a hanar priest who are all ordered to get up cause something is wrong on the ship. As we progress through the story we find out really quickly that none of these guys are what they claim to be, all of them had very LogicalPremise-based backgrounds (former sex(?) slaves, assassin's/ child-murderers, a walking warcrime, the child of an infamous terrorist, etc). These guys are deployed to the drell section of the Ark because the Ark's VI, K, has detected some irregularities over there and come to discover that hundreds of the drell have mysteriously died in their sleep. So they take out a few bodies to run an autopsy on them in the local medbay. Come to figure, K's malfunctioning - she can't see any changes in the cryopods even after their reported dead, can't notice any changes in the environment, and has no control over the power functions. Eventually this turns to control of trams, communications, and eventually the disabling of the Ark's kinetic barriers... while its in mid-transit. `:eek:

More and more bodies start piling up in the drell section, then come to find out, the hanar section begins suffering irregularities. A hanar body ends up in medbay with completely different symptoms to the drell. The medbay is quarantined and with it, the elcor and hanar sleepwalkers, as they now assuming their dealing with a lethal cross-species pathogen. The others rush to figure out what or who is the cause of these sudden medical cases - using her perfect memory and superior eyesight the drell sleepwalker eventually identities what can only be seen as literal shadows in the security cam footage of every Sleepwalker cycle: someone has been exploiting blindspots in the security system. Blue-7 acquires supplies to run in-depth tests for the medbay. Aware that poo poo's getting out of hand, the quarian sleepwalker orders for the Ark's Captain to be awoken so they come up with a better plan. Suddenly a batarian appears with "explosive" symptons and gets thrown into containment. The Drell and the Elcor sleepworkers put the pieces together and discover that the symptoms fit the description of a volus-specific flu... something that the Volus Sleepwalker knew but wasn't inclined to share. The Ark's Captain arrives just in time to order to give out orders: get the ship's shields fixed first, then figure out what's going on. The Drell and Volus sleepwalker leave to assemble hazmat suits, and only to find themselves ambushed by unknown assailants in the cargo bay. Characters note that the temperature average of environmental systems is increasing.

Now we get to see more things from the eyes of the Quarian Sleepwalker, he sneaks off to talk to a confidant of his, apparently he's been a very naughty boy and hiding poo poo from the Ark and the Migrant Fleet for decades now - his 900-year old quarian grandmother, a veteran of the Morning War. He believe's she is the only one who can figure things out on the Ark. Which is where the twist comes in: she's an Ancestor VI (turns out they're nothing to gently caress with. The Geth destroyed the Ancestor Databanks because the Ancestors, if they had ever been given the chance to be augmented, would have otherwise hosed them up and brought the Morning War to an end). She quickly points out that all the recent events are no coincidence, they're examples of causation and correctly predicts which Ark systems will go down soon while she develops a solution to counter what she deduces to be a virus infecting K. In the medbay, the Elcor and Hanar watch as their previous batarian patient slowly melts away before their eyes, turns rabid, and dies.

Back in the cargo bay, the Volus and Drell sleepwalkers have been fighting for hours against a horde of Ark members, now including Elcor, who've lost their minds. They escape, they come across the shitshow that is spreading across the Ark - everyone is waking up and not only have the elcor been infected, the Volus have too and everyone is losing their poo poo and hungry `:confused:. This leaves only the Quarians as uninfected. When they finally get back to the medbay, they find that quarantine has been breached and the hanar sleepwalker is nowhere to be found.

The Elcor Sleepwalker, now saying, and having fully mapped the genome of the viruses that infected multiple races comes to the conclusion that it was a bioweapon which he dubs "Fortinbras" (The reader gets a lesson in virology at this point). It's designed to be a literal galaxy-wiping plague that will immediately adapt and infect any host that isn't fortunate enough to be wearing an environmental suit 24/7. The only possible antidote to Fortinbras is theorized by the Elcor Sleepwalker to be an equally rapidly mutating virus (trade one monster for another), and the only way of doing so in the short-term, before everyone dies of the virus itself is to force the counter-viruses evolution... like exposing it to gently caress-tons of eezo. At this point, Quarians are starting to show signs of infection.

The Batarian and Drell Sleepwalker are thus sent to retrieve a container of Red Sand that the Batarian Sleepwalker smuggled in, only to find that the Hanar Sleepwalker there... high as a kite. Pieces get put together, apparently many Hanar abroad the Ark are part of a doomsday cult, including our little Sleepwalker friend here who came to a similar conclusion as the Elcor and intentionally breached the quarantine to do his thing. Meanwhile, the Quarian Sleepwalker is augmenting the Ancestor VI with every scrap of tech available. He is forced to reveal it's existence to the Ark's Captain who orders him to space the thing, as possession of an Ancestor VI is the greatest crime of the Quarian people. He says gently caress that and uploads his Grandmother into the Ark's datacore where it takes over the virus and K and restores some of the critical systems.

Everyone is fighting on the Ark for whatever scraps of resources they can get their hands on. Blue-7 makes their final report to the Captain, who on the PA, orders all the crazed members to get to the medbay to receive their second (and hopefully last) supervirus... except that's cure has been developed yet and the Elcor is on death throes. She orders the remainder of Blue-7 to standby as she goes to Engineering to find eezo for the cure.

The drell sleepwalker, being suspicious of her demeanor and the way some Quarians were acting, follows the Ark Captain as she goes the complete opposite way of Engineering. She meets with another a different Quarian Sleepwalker where its revealed that they both deployed the viruses. `:eek: Forced into a corner, and knowing that she doesn't stand a chance against a former assassin and has exposed herself before her ex- boyfriend (who is Blue-7's Quarian Sleepwalker), she spills everything. Turns out the shadows seen in the security footage were actually her just taking advantage of the camera's blindspots. As revealed in previous flashbacks with the Quarian Sleepwalker sprinkled throughout the book, the Ark's Captain had done her pilgrimage on a scientific outpost. After years of bullying, anti-Quarian resentment, and a traumatic event that scarred her perception of Council races forever, she thought of getting back at those who caused her so much harm and went through it by studying molecular biology and quietly storing her resentment. When she was invited by the Initiative to Andromeda, she thought that it would be done so as equals - only to find out that the Nexus would be another Citadel with its Council and the politics that came with. So she said gently caress it, developed a bioweapon that the Drell would carry with them to Andromeda and when they came abroad the Nexus the leadership of every Council member (Humans, Turians, Salarians, and Asari) would be exposed, with most of the them certain to die. From there, the plan was for the Keelah Si'yah's parties, with their superior numbers, labor, and leadership ability would be seated along side the Nexus Council as equals - influencing policy and leaving no one behind. Unfortunately, her Quarian Sleepwalker/Co-conspirator had hosed up the procedure, left the virus in conditions that allowed it to rapidly mutate, deployed the virus to a drell sleepwalker's (that he was trying to bang but turned out to be married) pod who exposed the other sleepwalkers to it and who in turn, exposed the entire ship. In the meanwhile, his computer virus was too good at its job and began infecting the entire Ark, causing all kinds of malfunctions as it attempted to hide the presence of the biological weapon's deployment.

Knowing how royally hosed the situation is, Blue-7 makes their verdict. The Elcor Sleepwalker dies. The Volus Sleepwaker I think dies too. The Ancestor VI is terminated. They space the Ark Captain's Co-Conspirator, inject her with the experimental supervirus (I guess they tore apart the Hanar Sleepwalker and used his eezo-laced blood for the evolutionary cycles), strip her naked and have her walk through the entire Ark forcing her to touch each and every infected crewmember (and some of them had their own piece to share I guess) before tossing her into the Volus' habitat unit where of course she dies.

Knowing that was all they could do (every other Sleepwalker besides the remaining three members of Blue-7 is dead), they jump back into cryo... just right before they receive a message from the Nexus.

The end.

tldr: exquisite tea was right, the Quarians really did die on their way to Andromeda

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/M_MaR_cHe_E/status/1258226374956859393?s=20

It's happening?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/bioware/status/1325105787174182912?s=20

This is now the Mass Effect Legendary Edition thread

edit:

Additional info:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1325100528871870467?s=20

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 7, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

When they say "new Mass Effect game" do they mean Andromeda 2 or....

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

BexGu posted:

Ha ha watch EA look at the success of Genshim Impact and release ME3 multiplayer f2p with enhanced gacha elements.

I'd still play it.

I'd whale for the Garrus and Tali Halloween Alts, don't care what anyone things

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Mymla posted:

Andromeda had problems but it was still, on the whole, a pretty good game. So the new game will probably be good as well.

I'm told it ended up as a pretty good game

But phew, when it first came out... makes my face tired just thinking about it

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Damnmit

After the lackluster Dragon Age teaser, I got excited at this ME teaser

And for a second I thought that was a unmasked Quarian under the hood, but it was Liara, lol

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 11, 2020

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I do like the start of it, with a pan from Andromeda back to the Milky Way galaxy

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Oh gently caress clowns here we go again

https://twitter.com/allreactionvidz/status/1153450219981463552?s=20

Me right now

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

People are seeing destroyed relays and blown up reapers in the trailer

... did they just make the red ending canon?

That definitely looks like a dead Reaper in the background and what Liara is standing on

I'd lose it if they made Destroy+ the canon ending and brought Shepard back

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Fuckin' Destroy? That is the Legion/geth dies ending and therefore is the absolute worst.

Quarians rebuild them, bing bong done moving on

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Who wants the bet they're going to change the ending of ME3 in the Remaster collection to set up Mass Effect: will continue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Curious that only the Destroy Ending was shown in the trailer