Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Was that a female turian Ryder was palling with at the start of the video?

Yep! Her name is Vetra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Why though? Both the control and destroy endings can be built upon. They'd just have to choose a "canon" ending which isn't all that weird for RPGS

Mass Effect was build in the promise that your choices matter. I don't think they can ever continue after the Shepard Trilogy without pissing off a good amount of people if they were offered a sequel where Shepard controlled the Reapers when they wanted to destroy them or the Geth are gone because Destroy was chosen as the 'canon' ending to move forward. Not to mention how you reconcile Synthesis in a sequel.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 2, 2016

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Dragon Age Inquisition was my first Dragon Age game and I am interested in Dragon Age 4.

I also have an unopened copy of the Witcher 3.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Elotana posted:

Don't forget Iron Bull's super-didactic lecture about properly gendering Krem

Yeah, that whole conversation is problematic, the only things you could say were either nothing or various shades to gender blindness.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I bet that deployable waist-high wall is a Soldier skill.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Maybe the crafting is how you unlock new weapons and armor to use like in ME2 and ME3 rather than creating the same model of a weapon/armor in different colors and stats, like in Inquisition, or finding the same model of weapon with different colors and stats in crates like in ME1.

edit:

Like, in ME2 and ME3 you found the M-97 Viper laying on the floor, and when you picked it up you unlocked it for the who squad to equip it. And it had its own unique stats that differentiated it to other sniper rifles.

In ME1, you found sniper rifles with the same model as what would become the M-97 Viper with different stats and colors.

I hope in MEA crafting replaces the unlock system in ME2 and ME3 since it transitioned from corridor shooter to open world.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 3, 2016

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I could have sworn you could buy the materials too, no gathering if you don't want to.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'd be interesting if the Krogan in Andromeda tried to do what Wrex and the Scientist Krogan in Grunts recruitment mission was doing in ME 2: not so much trying to make/demanding a cure for the Genophage but rebuilding their society past it. That thread kind of fell in ME3 into curing the Genophage or not.

With what I hope is a smaller Krogan population in Andromeda (it looks like there's enough of them to start a colony) they can go forward in that direction.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 7, 2016

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Shepard was a brain dead charred corpse and he was rebuilt exactly as they were.

I don't see how Edi and the Geth can not be rebuilt exactly as they were.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Hey, someone got a close up of the new Andromeda alien in the gameplay trailer

http://adaerika.tumblr.com/post/154121881184/here-are-the-new-aliens-shown-in-the-gameplay

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Lobus posted:

As long as they keep with the quality of these facial animations!

Looking at it slowed down like that, I notice the gun slides out of Ryder's hands to the right when her hands are moving to the left.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

gently caress yeah Quarians confirmed

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

She's not stupid, she's socially awkward (even among her clan) and a Dalish living in a human city for the first time.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It only bites Morrigan in the rear end if Flemeth does something bad with the Old God Soul or if Morrigan does something bad while bound to her, and on that part Flemeth seemed to make it clear that Morrigan was never in danger of even being possessed, so the Well consequence is just irony.

Solas absorbed Flemeth's power so who knows if Morrigan is bound to him now or if the Old God Soul's power if his now (maybe Flemeth was putting the Old God's Soul through the Eluvian before Solas killed her).

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Dec 12, 2016

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

I picked the Templars I think before even going to meet the Mages. What is bad about them?

I assume it's basically the same story. You show up, some mages are cool but something is obviously wrong. A big blood magic or something occurs and a whole bunch of mages die then the rest join up with you.

Eh, close enough

Replace Blood Magic with Time Magic and you got the Mage plot

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I sided and allied with the Mages while also agreeing with Vivienne to train new Templars because while I support Mage freedom, I also understand the dangers that come with Magic and a Templar's ability are very helpful for counter that in addition to Mage abilities like Dispell and Mana Clash. Above all, I support equal cooperation with Templars and Mages, not just Templars being jailers or that back-handed paternalistic, "guardian" crap. I also don't support Mages having final say on how they conduct themselves with no restrictions because they were oppressed and they promise they won't do bad things. Non-Mages need to have a voice too, otherwise things can end up like Tevinter. (As a side note, this also plays into my decision to support Celene and Briala because that ending has a human and an Elf working together as mutuals and not holding one hostage with blackmail).

I also prefer the Mage path for my own personal story through Inquisition. To me, Sampson and the Red Templars are a another of many strikes against the Old Chantry, as they not only imprisoned Mages and left them to be brutalized by zealot Templars, but the Templars themselves are made into addicts and thrown away when they lose their minds or speak out; either way they're an inconvenient tool to the Chantry.

I also romanced Cullen and he gets more screen time, so that's a plus too.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 12, 2016

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Let's remember Mass Effect 2 instead

What was your favorite Loyalty Mission?

Mine was A House Divided

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

I'm still not sure whether the Andromeda Initiative is council approved or privately set up. Have they confirmed that one way or the other anywhere?

It's a private venture started by Humans, the rest of the Milky Way Races came aboard later.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

There's a book coming our that apparently details how things went to poo poo on the Nexus.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

There were no plans to have Cullen play such a large role in Inquisition until they found out how popular he was with female Bioware fans despite having like ten lines of dialogue across the first two games, at which point they even wrote him in as a romance option. What I'm trying to say here is that we're all hosed.

Nah, it's actually cool because we got an interesting story of a well-meaning Templar who saw the worst of Mages in Origins, then that fear turned into hatred and it blinds him to the worst of the Templars in 2 until the city exploded and his superior turned into a anime, then found his true calling and started his path to redemption as Commander in Inquisition. It also plays into how much of a gently caress up the Chantry is when he goes cold turkey on the blue stuff they feed to the Templars to make them addicted and dependent on the Chantry, another aspect of how he Chantry keeps a tight hold on the people.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 13, 2016

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think Cullen is a bad character, in fact his arc ended up being pretty interesting. I just think it's funny that in true Bioware fashion, fuckability was the most important consideration above all.

But they still made an interesting story even if players wanted him in mainly to romance ,so I don't think Andromeda is going to be terrible.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

We'll probably get a Saren type character as the antagonist, someone who wants to actively resist the new races entering the galaxy

It's probably that alien/Kett with the hoop head

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Man, Dragon Age 2's engine is really bad.

There's not so great parts in the gameplay they've shown in Andromeda, but I don't think it will be as bad giraff neck Merrill and dead inside Hawke.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

They've already shown a female Krogan without a headdress in the second briefing video.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

wookieepelt posted:

When do we see female Salarians?

In Mass Effect 3, the Dalatrass and the replacement Salarian Councilor if you sacrificed the Council in ME1

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

After the Reapers being all powerful and nothing you did could defeat them without the red/blue/green/refuse endings (which I didn't like), I kind of liked being able to push the enemy out of the various zones until Corypheus was left alone, where he then decides to childishly wipe the board by reopening the Breach, and then you defeat him and the terror would be god who sacked Haven is reduced to calling out for help to the Old Gods he renounced.

Then of course Trespasser happened and we see the consequences of having such a large and powerful organization when spies from the Qun and Solas infiltrate it easily. But even then I could still keep the Inquisition in a way I found satisfactory, reduce its size and become a peace keeping force for the Divine (in my case it's softened Leliana and she'll need all the help she can get if she wants to permentantly change the Chantry).

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 21, 2016

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Trast posted:

Well she was an ageless serial killer who devoured her victim's souls to sustain herself with no remorse what so ever. How did you want them to sugar coat that?

Change it so that Mornith is more like Dexter.

She knows she has to kill but she tries to do good by targeting bad people like gang leaders, warlords, and drug dealers.

And in their confrontation, have Mornith point out that while she has a compulsion, she's making an effort to change or to redirect it. If you do something that goes against The Code, Samara will kill without a second thought, because she's that devoted to The Code.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Thor-Stryker posted:

Bioware forums are that way. :frogout:

Actually, the Bioware Forums are shut down

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I think there's a mod that replace Miranda's skintight suit with Ashley's ME3 suit (with Cerberus colors).

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

Release date is March 21

http://x.ea.com/28373

Hopefully they'll have better face animations than that gameplay demo by then. Or at least the eyebrows will move more.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

hampig posted:

Well this is exactly what they've done. Most skills look like they have multiple uses or alternate fire modes now. Also everyone can combo reliably with separate cooldowns.

You still have two squadmates with a full complement of skills in SP, so in practice you have 9 skill slots which is plenty. Not being able to do everything yourself is healthy for a squad-based game.

And being able to switch out skills may allow you to even mix and match party members and still keep party synergy

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Number Ten Cocks posted:

If you can only have three active abilities then mixing between tech/combat/biotic trees loses a lot of luster since your "profile" specialization won't provide bonuses to 1/3 or 2/3 of your abilities.

Maybe the "Explorer" profile will provide bonuses for mixing abilities?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

frajaq posted:

I don't understand why people still get worked up so much about Bioware/Bethesda these days, it's not like there's a lack of alternatives if you want good RPGs with depth and complexity lately

Trolling the people who like Bioware/Bethesda games, probably

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Hard to spot, but the dude had shields. He should've taken a step or something, but there wouldn't have been any crazy physics unless this was ME1.

If you look closely the guy does flinch briefly.

IDK what you all wanted, but that jetpack assisted charge looks cool to me; you power up then fire yourself like a bullet at the guy while the whole action is quick and efficient looking

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Digirat posted:

They wanted the impact part of it to look powerful, which it doesn't, which is a pretty drat important part of launching yourself at something like a bullet

I keep looking at it and it still looks like a cool rocket biotic punch to me.

IDK maybe of you do it to enemies without shields, armor, or barriers they'll ragdoll for more impact :shrug:

Although to me, the whole action appears to be a lot more quicker than the charge in ME 2 and 3.

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 6, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

There was a shot of that in the same footage.

No dice.

Oh yeah

Well, since the upgrade system looks the same as ME3, maybe the force additions some biotic powers could get will make a return, and you'll have to decide if you want charge to stagger enemies longer/ragdoll people or recover barriers after a successful charge, or some other specialized upgrade

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Wonder when the next Andromeda briefing is going to be released. The second one came out like the first or second day of December, right?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Helith posted:

So who in this thread is in the USA and has pre-ordered Andromeda? because with it getting released 1-2 days later in Europe / Australia / rest of world, you are our guinea pigs and I'm relying on you to give us accurate tales of just how poo poo or good this actually turns out to be.

Yeah I can do that

I even preordered the delux edition since I had an Amazon gift card, so I can give full coverage.

I might be biased thought since I seem to be one of the few people who enjoyed playing DA: I

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Phylodox, did you make that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Lt. Danger posted:

The Reapers never lost their 'cosmic horror' aspect - obliterating your planet and turning you and your loved ones into either a living genocidal monument to your fallen race or mutant zombie shock troops is pretty horrific. I think you might be overstating how "Lovecraftian" the Reapers were by comparison in ME1 and 2.

A lot of this is supposition overwriting existing characterisation, though. You think Reapers should care about their own individual existence, but in the game Reapers don't mourn Sovereign, the Rannoch Reaper doesn't beg for mercy, and they don't seem to show any instinct for self-preservation. This is characterisation: Reapers don't value their individual existence because they think in terms of civilisations and technological thresholds to an almost monomaniacal degree, and there are hundreds of thousands of them at a minimum willing and able to carry out their collective goals. They don't adapt to the loss of the Citadel trap or make backup plans - because the game wants to show you Reapers are rigid thinkers who do what the Catalyst has always told them to do, and brute force it if they can't. So on, so forth.

It's almost as if they're robots or something! (Or more accurately, angels for a stupid and evil God.)

Reading this makes me hate the Catalyst and the Reapers more and glad I had the choice to destroy them (and it's the ending where Shepard can live). Still don't like that Edi and the Geth get caught in it too, but if Shepard can be brought back exactly as they were from being brain dead and brunt from reentry, I bet Edi and the Geth can be rebuilt exactly as they were.