Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pattonesque posted:

There are no DLC party members. A seventh one was planned (a salarian I think) but cut in development

that fucks me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
could the enemies have less fantasy names tho, i mean fiend is literally a da enemy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
saw this gathering of info about the game

quote:

"Mass Effect Archive" is a save import/export feature not unlike Dragon Age Keep. Andromeda's save file can be uploaded for, assumebly, future Mass Effect titles.[1]
Other ark names include Pachero (Salarian), Lunisia (Asari), and Natanas (Turian).[1]
Smallest planetary zone in Andromeda is larger than all of Dragon Age: Inquisition.[2]
The squadmate with the least amount of dialogue has more than all of Shepard's in Mass Effect 3.[2]
Nomad can swap between fast rear wheel drive, and all terrain six wheel drive.[/2]
The big theme for the game was 'fulfill the promise of Mass Effect 1.' - Ian Frazier, lead designer.[3]
Noveria from Mass Effect 1 used as a point of reference for how the open planet playspaces and mission are constructed. "Imagine a Novaria where you find a whole lot more than just driving from point A to point B, from the cool big hub and the other cool big hub." - Ian Frazier.[3]
Conversation tones include emotional, logical, casual, and professional. These replace the binary paragon and renegade.[3]
Additional conversation tones sarcastic, obedient, or skeptical noted.[4]
Ambient companion dialogue as you drive around.[3]
Nine preset heads exist within the character creator, across a variety of races and genders, that can be customised.[4]
Background training chosen during character creation, eg: security, biotic, technician, leader, scrapper, and operative.[4]
Environments designed with cultural and biological needs of the inhabitants who live there.[5]
Far more work has been put into writing behind the general crew of the Tempest, beyond your squadmates. Crew interacts with each other over the intercom.[5]
Attempting to make character interactions and relationship development more nuanced and made up of shades of grey.[5]
Timeline confirmed to have the Andromeda Initiative leave the Milky Way post Mass Effect 2, but pre Mass Effect 3.[6]
Exploration and open play begins right with the prologue. Given key goal, but area is open enough to do some exploring, engage in optional encounters, make discoveries, etc.[6]
Quest log fully details objectives and events, including the ability to go over a summary and see the decisions you made.[6]
Securing one character's trust could come impact another.[6]
Drack is the "antithesis of Gruny", older, wiser, and matured.[6]
Vetra is warmer than Garrus, and joined the Initiative with her little sister.[6]
Crafting blueprints organised into broze/silver/gold rarity category, and are purchased by spending "research data", which is accrued via scanning the environment to expand your codex.[7]
Weapon mods can change the way weapons function, such as adding burst fire to a shotgun, and lasers to an assault rifle.[7]
Galaxy map is used to scan planets for anomalies. These can result in simple resource acquisitions, to unlocking either open planet zones (with vehicle exploration) and smaller on-foot zones.[7]

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zzulu posted:

quarians have boobs, so, ergo, they are superior to geth

sorry geth

*genocides all geth*

edi can make boobs for the geth race

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Person who loves Undertale also loves Mass Effect universe.

love my gay dinosaures

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zzulu posted:

So, is this "Drak" bangable? I've always wanted to know how you're supposed to kiss a Krogan

very carefully haha

E :zaeed:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
FIRST playthrough : krogan-turian duo best duo

SECOND playthrough : other alians

THIRD playthrough: HUMAN ROOLS

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is overlard a new ability

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Drone Jett posted:

No, your mom's had it as long as I can remember.

rude

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Fried Watermelon posted:

Are the Dragon Age and Mass Effect universes linked

Extremely

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
bioware crapped out an unsolvable space turd of an ending

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
why is ryyder in the air vents

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Napoleon Ryder

picked my name thanks

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I am extremely in for this class.

she looks like a baby birb :kimchi:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it's the mass effects fools

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
turian rear end

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Milky Moor posted:

seriously andromeda is the fourth goddamn mass effect game and the squad is still

male vaguely-swarthy human
female career-minded human
edgy turian
brainy asari
tough krogan

i guess they swapped out the nerdy quarian for jaal, whom we know nothing about whatsoever

it's not only safe, but it's blatantly aping ME1's party.

if i was inclined to dumb conspiracy theories, it almost feels like there are people on the ME:A team who really don't like certain elements of Mass Effect: quarians, geth, hanar, elcor, batarians, etc.

kaidan was a very-sweaty human

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CottonWolf posted:

It was the mother's poor genetics.

Drell human miscegenation

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Torrannor posted:

And the comments under the videos!

Go back to Witcher 3 if you can't handle the fact that your protagonist doesn't need to be a straight white male :argh:

gentlemen lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kainser posted:

I didn't realize that screenshots from a game was something people claimed ownership of

I'm pretty sure those were used in me 2

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
hug an andaran

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

thosse angarans bods; goddamn

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Legion of One posted:

we get it a few days after everyone else for some reason

the reason is australia bad.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the good ending for tuchanka is mordin alive

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Spoilers in video (as in game footage), information on the other arks and missing species.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijqN2pMWyOo

that facial animation is something to behold

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Milky Moor posted:

incredible. re: quarians not only did the species known for their general excellence with ship maintenance run into "technical issues" but they're also bringing along a whole bunch of different species, which seems to be a very strange choice given the whole weak immune system/different bio-chemistry thing they have going on

really

well they're the boat people of the galaxy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
less than a week till we are all taken away by the mass effect

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
early impressions

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232048307&postcount=1

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm going play the single player mode and i'll love it

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cowcaster posted:

i think people are conflating raygun gothic with pulp itt when they're two different things also stop saying pulp

pulp

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

the first sentence is correct, but that's beside the point

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Serf posted:

I'm not sure I put too much stock in the opinion of a Twitter user with an anime avatar and "Your autism level has increased" in their banner image.

anime avatars are quality seals, friend.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

1stGear posted:

Oh thank god you posted this, I didn't check the username and was about to faintly agree with him.

That said, John Walker is a contrarian rear end in a top hat who gets in fights in the comment section so yeah take everything he writes with a grain of salt.

what if there's no salt in the andromeda galaxy?? what then.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Norns posted:

So the ending was A okay and everyone should have just shut the gently caress up?

no everyone was a loons

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Norns posted:

Can adjust dick bulge size?

only if you romance jaal

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Gumball Gumption posted:

So I've hated all the Mass Effect games but then a bunch of friends said they were getting this for the multiplayer so I thought I'd check it out. The stuff at the PAX panel looked good. But this thread, what is it about bioware that attracts broke brains?

this is the sa branch of the sex addicts anonymous

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how did this thread get worse

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Nazzadan posted:

Can we stop making fun of the guy that thinks there are bioware shills on somethingawful.com and talk more about how this game looks like poo poo?

it looks great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm still looking forward to this game but I cannot defend these faces they look like poo poo

Maybe the heleus cluster has an environmental condition that gives humans puffy skin

Or maybe it's water retention from 600 years of cryo sleep. Yeah. Yeah that's what I believe

the face effect