Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I just want a rocket launcher to jetpack all around booming and blasting fools

wait

Can I have both vanguard charge AND a jetpack? Because if so, all sins are forgiven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

SubponticatePoster posted:

Oh come on, like we aren't all going to have at least one gun named Jessie.

THANK YOU for reminding me the greatest thing ever produced from ME2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-dLzzQuVM

I'd give anything for one more mission with that lovely, old rifle

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Burkion posted:

Krogan Vanguard is going to get a jet pack

That is amazing news I love this

The most righteous thing to ever come from this game

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I love the "wait a minute but mankind just got onboard with galactic civilization" posts

Mass Effect had a ridiculous problem of scale: although 99% of the galaxy was uncharted, somehow it has been wholly claimed by the Citadel and almost half of it was Alliance space by ME3. Also humans haven't been in space for like 50 years?

Andromeda could be an opportunity to not fall into those holes again but what are the odds :v:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Deakul posted:

If I can't tame and ride this majestic beast then this will all have been for naught.

before the ending the greatest issue of ME3 was the fact that there was references to KROGAN CAVALRY mounted in badass lizards you found in a scan and then nothing at all to show

as another said before, embrace the suck, jetpack for greatness

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

wasn't there an artist that left Andromeda and had like a full stack of awesome alien designs but all of them were shot because "TOO ALIEN" or something?

because the angara and the kett suck on the alien-ness scale

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

homullus posted:

Yeah, throw this bullshit trash game on the bullshit trash heap with the lazy sucky-alienness bullshit of Star Trek and Star Wars and Flash Gordon and Battlestar Galactica and Marvel and DC and and and

an important lesson that this thread must reiterate, always:

Mass Effect is... bad.

(it doesn't mean you can't have fun with it though!)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zzulu posted:

isnt it kinda racist that we constantly try to get rid of the reapers

technically they were here first,

lmao

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

Oh god. Not that song. Not like this.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i'm at work so i don't have sound, what song is it. is it "mad world"

is it "all star"

I actually thought they might go for something like that but way cheesier like "human" from the killers but that thing is even more lol-worthy in terms of completely out of tone it is

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

"geez goons are so negative"

au contraire mon ami, all I see in this thread is a torrent of hilarity and great, positive, expansive feelings. What matters in the end is that we have Krogan jetpacks, and all is well.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

I like how the complete launch trailer isn't even out and we're making GBS threads on it already.

after this is the new poo poo and boundless hope, the trick is to just enjoy the bad

It is the Zen of bioware

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Ghost Riders in the Sky was much better imho

and come on bioware always pushing with the asari god drat you need to chill

edit:

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm looking forward to this game goons

I tried to be too cool but I can't help it anymore

but the cool and good position is that you fully embrace the bad along jetpacks, vanguard charges and krogan asskicking :frogc00l:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

It amazes me that my friends have all already preordered, and yet here I am of all people.

Not preordering is a smart position, friend.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

One goon posted beforehand that these requirements are similar to Battlefield and it actually requires a lot less to run well (and frankly the game doesn't look like it needs that much firepower)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

now that's a far better manryder

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

even better than the witcher posts (which most of are made in fair comparison to what bioware has been offering as of late) is this attitude of "oh my loving god shut up about that thing that seems good and popular, I am just sick"

That attitude of "I am not going to see that [acclaimed critically and popular movie] because of how people can't just keep talking about it", or "[popular literature classic well regarded to these days], not going to read it because everybody tells me to", or the most traditional of all: the music snob that won't listen to a new, cool and good album because it is popular is just self-pretentious gooniness of the highest degree

Witcher 3 has been brought often and will be brought often a thousand times because CDPR came and offered something that has struck a chord with the public and has received great public and critical acclaim, which any top-flight developer should pay attention to. And if you don't give a gently caress about Witcher specifically, well, other games will come up: posters are already bringing how good Horizon Zero Dawn is and is terms of critical perception it is much worse for Bioware to have a game like that coming this hot just before ME:A, because guess what - people compare stuff because they build their perceptions from the references they have, and that is how genres and mediums grow and develop

And then it is funny that a lot of the "negative" posters here are the ones who are perfectly fine with the deal they are getting from it: hot krogan vanguard jetpack full-blasting action and it is probably going to be awesome

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

If anyone is playing ME1 again, no joke, just cheat. Give yourself ridiculous credits, levels, powers, whatever, just go and enjoy the story.

a bit OT: I remember that the gameplay lead of ME2 had a blog or something which she commented a lot about the changes, how they wanted to greatly increase the pace and create a bit of tactics to make it more engaging, and was pretty much one of the main people around that made the massive improvements in 2 and 3. Googling about her, she left Bioware after ME3 in 2011 and was the main welp I had with Andromeda, but thankfully her approach seemed to stay on.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Deakul posted:

Dad is still a handsome gently caress... drat.

character creator looking extremely powerful there huh

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Torrannor posted:

I'm only puzzled that nobody mentions Obsidian's Tyranny as one of the games with the very best branching storylines. You can play through it in about 20 hours, but it's absolutely worth it to play through it four times, because there are 4 radically diverging story paths after the first act.

Eh, I played Tyranny and I am thinking that Obsidian is relying a bit too much on their reputation as "great storytellers" and getting a tad comfortable with their thing because I felt the endings were very weak in execution in comparison to the set-up to them (and the great reactivity of the story overall). In hindsight, the gameplay was pretty much just serviceable and I really hope they don't get stuck to that mindset and try to do more than just "we really like D&D".

Thinking about it, Obsidian had a lot of passes based on their past glories, but it seems they have finally found their stride with Pillars of Eternity being a well built game without a lot of the problems that plagued them in the past, so good for them.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

I think this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say Obsidian gets any passes for anything, let alone a lot of passes. Their games are scrutinized more critically by gamers than almost anyones :v:

Really? Then I conveyed badly what I meant. Let me try to phrase it better: I wasn't talking about the mainstream coverage/discussion of the company, but mainly about their own audience.

For example, I played Alpha Protocol and while I enjoyed it, my perception was that a lot of the fans of the game disregarded the many bads of it for the sake of "look at this superior storytelling". And as Obsidian grew to have a base with enough size to allow them to kickstart big projects, there was a tad of "it is Obsidian, their games are janky and buggy but w/e". Personally, I think this is bad because it may feedback on the developer's attitude, which, bringing back to the thread, causes stuff like what people are joking and messing around about Andromeda.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

^^^ yeah my b, I always get 2 and 3 mixed up for some reason

And yet she was laid claim by Geralt before she was even born.

technically both of them were entwined by fate but w/e

geralt is such a macho guy he gets owned by his daughter in ice skating and snowball fights

also almost everybody makes fun of him and its hilarious because the game every now and then goes off its way to subvert the whole "badass male lead"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8ya-KqB7Q

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Guy gave a 7/10 which dropped it from having a near perfect aggregate score of 98 (it is now 97)

e:f,b

e2: holy gently caress, really beaten

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

imho bland and boring, AKA the "jacob problem", is that in the hilarious chucklefuckfest train that was the Normandy, a guy whose major problem was that he thought his dad was dead and had worked his issues with it already in comparison to the others was basically "nah he's uninteresting"

But Jacob's purpose was to inspire the funniest thing ever made from ME2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gGShiM1Exc

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

if the shooty bits are great or even fine that is just dandy, for there is a third person futuristic jetpack shooter hole in my heart anyway

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Pattonesque posted:

YEARS ago when ME2 first came out Yvonne Strahovski did an interview on a gaming show and the host was all like SO WHAT ABOUT YOUR NUUUUDE SCENE AS MIRANDA and it would not surprise me if someone on the level of Dormer was like "yeah so if I'm gonna do this I'm not gonna be romanceable" because who wants to deal with that level of cringe

I read that and I felt residual cringe

Also makes sense that animation didn't get a proper budget - hiring a Game of Thrones actress? And one of the best of the cast?

(kit harrington as scott ryder would have been hilarious)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

if you are buying this for the story then I think you will be in for a baaaaaad surprise

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Rock Paper Shotgun does have more care about story than crap like IGN but Walker is eh

But yeah it bears repeating that if you are going to play this because of story turn your hypeboosters way down because if the goons that played Halo 4 and commented about it here didn't make you go at least "huh", then yeah its a poo poo sandwich

If you are in for jetpacks pew pew and biotic charge, then it's a doozy

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

so apparently resource extraction is grindy af, UI has a lot of annoyances and the quest log/tracker switches and changes which quest you are following by itself

meh

wait a couple of patches and roll on cheat engine

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

"the ladies need to be sexier" isn't really what the problem is with the bioware faces

yup

but tbf there are no asari faces like the modified one so I thought "neat" because of the novelty

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

that angara helmet is triggering me something fierce

those lights, lmao

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Admiral Ray posted:

Hell yeah. Or, gently caress, just Zaeed. Why the hell not.

"So these guys cloned for a guddamn special project. I thought, "why the hell not?". Turns out that I was the one put into one of them freezers, got bit drat chilly and now they tell me we are in a guddamned new galaxy. But the main question is: is that a loving batarian over there and why in the poo poo they let one of them fucks into this guddamn arkship?"

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

To anyone complaining this thread being bad: it is powered by shitposting, shitposting kept it up when there absolutely no news and shitposting shall deliver us safely to release

what matters is shitposting with nuance

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

honestly the faces are ok, the problem is that they hit uncanny valley from the get go

"GREETINGS FELLOW HUU-MAN, SEE MY EXPRESSIONS ARE THE SAME AS YOURS"

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

No they aren't. They are a straight downgrade from DA:I and not much of an upgrade over SWTOR

my expectations are insanely low my dude, I am in for the pew pew shootymans

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

yes, and people are saying there are no real rear end in a top hat/renegade/dick/whatever options in ME:A

Well, railroading with different flavors because you have an established character isn't bad, but you better nail really well that execution

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

If the setting was Dune-esque I could see a title like "pathfinder" getting religious awe and inspiration easily (I mean Navigators are pretty priest-like)

But they went all in and "screw nuance, our term for Chosen One is pathfinder, go hog wild"

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

They needed a term like "Inquisitor" but Ryder has no bona fides so here we are.

The "inquisition" part of DA:I was pretty underwhelming :( however, Herald of Andraste was there to be much more appropriate (and in your face) that you are a chosen one, but at least they subverted it pretty nicely, kudos to them

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

what I find a bit funny regarding the pathfinder business is that this is the first bioware game that comes to mind that your character is a true green as grass fool thrown into the mess

- ME had Shepard

- DA: Origins you had a whole origin story which set you up pretty nicely for your merits and reasons to become a gray warden

- even DA2 (good lord) had Hawke working their rear end of to become somebody even if a lot of that wasn't shown to you

- Jade Empire you were the most promising student of a total loving badass wise master

- KoTOR, probably? (I just remember you are a just a random guy waking up but I have no idea since I didn't finish it)

Now, don't get me wrong, the idea of Alec Ryder being an arrogant and prideful rear end in a top hat that couldn't trust Cora the job (even though she palled around asari commandos with hundreds of years of experience before going in) and throws into the lap of their completely inexperienced kids; that would be a good setup for a lot of interesting poo poo to explore between relations.

Instead so far all there is "PATHFINDER" and everybody shrugs and go "OMG ITS YUO" and welp nepotism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Another game with some excellent facial acting is Witcher 3.

Huge spoilers for W3:
The scene where Geralt enters the hut where Ciri is for the first time is ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBNM9-m2P9Q
1 minute 20.

OK it is really not fair throwing one of the very best scenes of W3 like that for comparison

Also that Horizon Zero Dawn video linked by exquisite tea looks really good, pity it is a PS4 exclusive