Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

legit question: is it possible to improve animations/overall jankyness through patching?

(And frostbite being mod-averse means that even dedicated tryhards can't go and start doing non-official patches and the like, right)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i really want a post-mortem for this game that isn't even officially out yet

a netflix short documentary

a man can dream

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

poisonpill posted:

I hear this a lot but it really worked well the way it played out. Instead of the game designers needing to plan six wildly different characters (man/woman) (professional/goofy) (gay/straight) and so you end up getting a ton of choices that don't mean anything and dialogue that doesn't change anything so they can accommodate a range of characters.

Geralt is an old guy with a very special set of skills, looking for his daughter. He's basically fantasy Taken and the game gets to play with his backstory, relationships, and who *this* guy is in the world, which means more interesting quests, better dialogue, etc. etc.

This. Sometimes there is a lot to juggle at once to accommodate the player, while instead you could focus on a sort-of tabula rasa character that has background but you can build from it with a lot of leeway (see: the nameless one from torment). I think the Ryder siblings were an attempt to that direction with the removal of paragon/renegade, but it seems so far that it lacked more characterization work to fully accomplish that? I dunno :v:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

So thread I was sick this weekend and still pretty under the weather and I want to laugh a bit

Are there any hilarious reviews yet?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lol someone redtexted you for this lmao

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Has it been patched yet?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

these are hilarious

the bar brawl face Sara makes is... art

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Lollerich posted:

Nah, he's a fan of the culture series of novels. Neural laces are a thing there. He also named the two landing plattforms from Space X after ships from the culture novels. ("Just Read The Instructions" and "Of Course I Still Love You" - Yes, seriously. He really did, apparently he's a huge nerd.)

incidentally isn't he big on types like Thatcher

I mean, the Culture is a post-scarcity anarchic commune system, unless Musk is a secret hardcore old Marxist "lets develop capitalism to the max and the more billionaires the merrier for the revolution" type, it is lol as gently caress

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

How's multiplayer after the patch?

(looking good at this rate, a couple more and should be really good for pewpewing)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Rookersh posted:

Hey, you know how Jardaan tech requires the user to be mixed organic/synthetic?

And how they didn't exist in the Andromeda Galaxy 600 years ago when the Initiative left?

Word on the street ( and this is what I was talking about pre release as the disappointing bit that hurts the og trilogy ), which I'm going to spoil since it might show up in the DLC is that the og plan for the Jardaan was that they were us from the Milky Way after the synthesis ending. Now that all are one, we decided to go to the Andromeda Galaxy to prep/uplift the galaxy for the Initiative. We also might have had something to do with the creation of the Kett/Angarans.

There was apparently a huge debate over this, which is what led to the Halo 4 writer/quite a few Bioware writers to finally leave. No idea if it's still the actual plan going forward, so I'm spoiling it for the people that are really enjoying Andromeda.

There is an important lesson here: don't double down in bullshit

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Serf posted:

Like how would you easily communicate with a species that "talks" via pheromones or precise physical movements? Stuff like that would be neat.

Arrival was a loving awesome movie (and the short story that inspired it as well) exactly because of "hey how about some real alien-ness on their language, huh"

(but you should not expect such things in mass effect at all)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I just love it how that even after Andromeda's release the ending of ME3 still becomes the main subject of the thread again

Arglebargle III posted:

It would have been hilarious if you wake up Javik and he's like "did you guys finish the weapon we hid in that gas giant?" and everyone was like WHAT :catstare:

This would have not only owned bones but could have put him into the main game from the get go, From Ashes was seriously stupid

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

From the Ashes was also, sadly, the only way he was going to be in the game at all with the realities of game production. Either day 1 DLC, with the team members freed up by finishing the main project working on getting all the last hurdles done, or he was going to be absent entirely.

Fair enough. My peeve with that DLC is that made a fair number of players miss a good chunk of context that Javik provided (not that it was absolutely necessary, but still)

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

the true tragedy of Andromeda is that it wasn't enough to move on from the endings

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

ashpanash posted:

And the story itself is a bunch of setups with no real resolution, because it was clear they were planning to drag it out over three games. Well, now there won't be any more Mass Effect Andromeda games, so those will never get any resolution.

Hey, I missed that. When did EA give the final axing on ME:A?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

In two minutes I typed up just one way to combine all three endings, anybody with one creative bone in their body could do the exact same thing in another arrangement. This thread is filled with people who, no joke, came up with far better ideas for the storyline of Andromeda than its creators did.

actually it would be better for everybody involved to let the thing die already