Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So how many times am I going to hear WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET, looping in Asari language?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Also we can't make it too weird or else people would really have to freak out theorizing the taste of their sweat. I mean, come on guys. We know our terrible audience. We make it too out there and we'll invite only more horrible fan theories!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Hedrigall posted:

Fan theories on just how rough Kett osseous tissue is against my naked, trembling skin please

YOU SEE? ITS ALREADY STARTING!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Turns out the infinite ammo of the first game stuck with the colonists and you start off with it. But they can't hurt the new aliens, so you rediscover and improve upon heat shells.

Also the plot twist is that Reaper Sheppard comes after you in the third game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Milky Moor posted:

I'd like to hear your thoughts. My initial thinking on is is that the Geth make more sense.

I mean, one, they've had direct exposure to the Reapers, so, they can understand the magnitude of the threat and I can see 'Rebuild Shepard-Commander' working in their minds. Two, their technology potentially fits a Project Lazarus analog in there a bit easier than Cerberus.

I just don't know how you'd, well, implement it because Geth don't really have personalities and I can't imagine an action-packed opening sequence where you meet your first two squad members working with a Geth facility as a basis.

Cerberus itself doesn't work as it such a chaotic organization hat apparently does everything and yet nothing really works, that its practically the same as if they just made a pack of geth good without properly explaining it. Project Lazarus was wonk from the start, but I'd take Geth if they engineered it to make you try and escape with starting humans and slowly work your way into gaining trust with the robots that like and want to use you against a shared enemy for some reason than just rolling with Cerberus while you constantly tell TIM to go gently caress himself, yet he still gives you a ship and a crew. It's all about narrative, but its all conjecture now as we got what we got. And the worst parts of ME2 were no where near the flaws of its sequel.

Maybe mix it up where if you're aggressive and don't trust the Geth at all in the first stage, you start out with Jacob and Miranda as usual who take you to TIM and blah, blah, blah; but if you're too willing to interact with the usually very hostile Geth, you only start out with Legion as your first companion.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 20, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

FronzelNeekburm posted:

In the new game, not only will get you get to do this, but you'll be required to play Jacob's dad's mission from the other side.

You kind of have to as population limits kind of need to go crazy up to sustain things. So get busy y'all.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'm sorry, but my Shep survived a horrible colony catastrophe before and was kind of hosed up by that well before Reapers and little boys with dumb ships. But please don't make me regret trying to be nice to Rock Aliens with a cut scene where we break out into song with them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Illusive Man, after making sure that someone was competent enough to get Earthlings into an escape arc, develops a dark matter bomb that will make sure that no Reaper can loving escape when they finally come for us. When the battle inevitably is lost despite how much you can do on your own, Shepard is given the call-sign that "the seeds have escaped" and detonates a massive amount of dark energy from I guess the collective amount of biotics around star child to trigger a super-massive black hole that eats the entire reaper host along with the rest of the milky way galaxy.

"B-B-BUT WE WERE SAVING YOU BY KILLING YOU" the light fucker will cry out, to which Shepard just says "gently caress you".

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
High fidelity clay face simulation, to truly make you think that humans were replaced with some sort of Claymation Golems. Also what the gently caress is it with Bioware and making poo poo about your family? This won't involve a few other Ryder kids/ your mom dying during the first mission, will it?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's a simple and effective theme that resonates with many people.

Yeah, but this feels really familiar to what they did in DA2. Soon Sibling character that doesn't show up until later/near the end of the game is going to be right up there on the Bioware must have list with gently caress nearly anyone in the party/you meet.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I never played DA2 so I guess i'm not seeing it.

But character having a family doesn't seem super derivative from the outset.

Nah it just feels like another repeat of an old idea. Absolutely shocking in this, the RPG genre! I'm guessing the Dragon-esque giant monsters that you can kill for sick loot and chieves will be strangely adorable like they were in Inquisition too. poo poo, maybe the Thesher Maw will be this game's Fereldan Frostback.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Makes you wonder if this is just their generic face they took from the model/voice actor. If even that looks like the head isn't attached to the body as it moves in some action, maybe it'll be better to just play with the face hiding bubble helmet?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
A boss fight with a crazed Shepard VI that took over one of those giant walker bots and is trying to gently caress/drop product placement/punch everyone who he sees as a news reporter.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So is Super Vanguard going to be the most broken/best class to play as and then Bioware will poo poo itself and nerf it like they did with the spirit sword mages? Like suddenly classes have advanced forms and one of them can make charge go all scanners and blow up enemy heads?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 2, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Who cares if poo poo is OP in a single player game?

If spergs minmax 3 guard staff 5 guard armor KEs and then bitch about the game being too easy tell them to stfu

Won't anyone think of the plight of the boring Solider?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Pure biotic tree goes the distance to where you slam dunk enemies into a singularity, close it up and then make them explode into pretty little particles.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Would that be more of a Techie thing though?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The Soldier just carries an all purpose gun that assimilates other guns into it so it can change damage styles, absorb more ammo and make sure you never stop firing at least something at someone. We put reaper tech into the palm of your hand, now go play with it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah but why would you send them to another galaxy on a, what, six-hundred year journey? Even if they get there, it's going to be about a thousand years before you know it has been successful.

More pressing is the fact that they will be travelling through dark space, the place where Shepard said the Reapers were occupying. If you accept that he was right about them existing and that Sovereign was one, so maybe we need a contingency, why would you risk sending that contingency into the beast's lair?

Why would you not put all those resources into building ships? Weapons? The Arks and the Nexus are kind of huge.

So most likely it was more backed by hopeful idealists wanting to expand into new galaxies itself because why the gently caress not and then Whoops, Reapers were real!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
You cannot kill what dorks are still jerking it towards. Make it even dumber, yes. But if EA's willing to throw money, that corpse is going to shamble on and on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

SgtSteel91 posted:

gently caress yeah Quarians confirmed

Pretty much all of them are going to become like them sooner or later depending on how many planets they can actually live on.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The Trokia Hydra continues to germinate no matter how many heads get cut off. Will this mean some of them will be in Bioware by Mass Effect 5? Who loving knows.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Jennifer Hale this time won't be a playable character, but the AI that is in your character's brain. Telling you stuff, mocking your ability to fight well and judging your relationship choices.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

marshmallow creep posted:

That moment in inquisition where Cory gets disintegrated and comes back was suppose to make you feel like he was a super threat but then you snatch all his objectives away from him and gently caress off while he flails impotently after you. If they had made you fight him and he came back from that, or if you had to make a Virmire choice and leave someone behind to hold him back while you got the macguffin, then maybe he'd have seemed more dangerous.

Another Virmire would just be too loving obvious of a choice depending on who they let you axe off. "Well, shoot, good bye Sera. Fight the good fight and all that!" Except they already had a stupidly overblown sacrifice in the dick priest from the first act suddenly trusting you now. At the end of the day they allowed the player to become stupidly powerful if they so choose to do and between forcing you to feel like nothing matters and giving the player the tools to easily chump the final boss, I'll go with the latter in a heartbeat. Isn't the intended goal of doing all the side content to let the player look upon the world and weep as there are no more worlds to conquer?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The Asari in this game is a weirdo that tries to date and gently caress both Ryders at the same time.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Fojar38 posted:

Instead of you romancing someone, Pheebee romances you and this manifests as her visiting your quarters after every mission to check and see if you have something new to say

You're just trying to get some crafting done or just enjoy how your quarters look, maybe drinking a beer or something; however, once again the crew wants to loving talk and mate as usual. The paragon option will be just to lock the door and wait for them to get bored while the renegade option is to punch them and dump them out the air lock. They'll be fine, they're still in their space suit/combat gear for some reason!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

nerdz posted:

I don't know, it would have been better if they added reload animations but infinite ammo like overwatch. Though since it was a cover shooter it would've made gameplay very turtling focused. Lets see how they'll explain a bunch of clips laying around this time.

Johnny Ammo clip was one of the first path finders and he planted thermal rounds wherever he went.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Helith posted:

So who in this thread is in the USA and has pre-ordered Andromeda? because with it getting released 1-2 days later in Europe / Australia / rest of world, you are our guinea pigs and I'm relying on you to give us accurate tales of just how poo poo or good this actually turns out to be.

Sorry dude, I'm renting this down the line. But I'm sure many a Youtube/Streamer z list internet celebrity will flood the net with videos for you to watch them give likely glowing praise while they can't figure out how to use abilities or even play the game for days!

Honestly, they should really let whoever designed the jellyfish aliens to come up with other characters that either join as new DLC companions or at least species that move into colonies and your ship like Xeno Chronicles X. You want to make a game now about colonizing and pioneering? You should really let cities grow to look like a mishmash of stuff from the Milky Way mix with the stuff we uncover and find in Andromeda. Maybe get away from the idea that they all have to be humanoids with bird/crab/blue skin and go wild again.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 9, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Will the space suits even look that much different other than a slightly changed color scheme? What can they actually do with Armor in this game outside of just make sure you can never see the horrible face flap about in some form of speech?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Vitamin P posted:

I'm not saying it's bad or even that I don't like it, but this looks like a saturday morning cartoon show.

Honestly I miss Saturday Morning Toons enough to want to play a game that is one. But I doubt this is going to be it without the full Burger King Kids Club of every type of player there could be.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Skippy McPants posted:

Something about male Ryder's default model bugs me, but I'm having a hard time putting my finger on it. Maybe it's just that he's not dude Shep. In ME 1, Mark Vanderloo's face gave the default Shepard a huge leg up on anything you were likely to spit out with the character creator, and now in ME:A that contrast in lacking. I dunno, Ryder just looks kinda milquetoast.

He looks like most of the male human inquisitors ever made so they've really condensed them all down into Pretty Brown Haired Shooter Guy.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

AriadneThread posted:

right after half life 3

Or at least when its revealed that China loved Jade Empire.

I can see this game mostly being mediocre outside of possibly really Horizon Zero levels of Uncanny Valley facial animations. Decent space wizard combat and shoot mans, but Jesus Christ, don't loving interact with the humans. I'm taking aliens around just to make sure I don't barf during every cut-scene.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

AriadneThread posted:

what's this about horizon zero dawn?

Something that gives Marshmallow Creep's av a run for its money.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Hedrigall posted:

The fact that without the armour his limbs would be thinner just highlights how weirdly big his head is

Are we sure the Ryders aren't actual children?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Wait, they're based on real people? How did they gently caress up this badly?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Number Ten Cocks posted:

He's not aiming and he's not holding it any sort of high ready position that makes sense. This guy is a poseur scrub when it comes to guns.

Maybe he doesn't even know what the hell it is and its a comedic scene where he's trying to figure out what this weird HUman poo poo does. An entire race of Jar-Jars for you to romance.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Why is he wearing what looks like a monocle? Is this a species that is literally raised on ancient memes from the Milky Way?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Hedrigall posted:

Jaal has catface going on a bit more than the other Angarans.

Maybe it is by choice, like he is his species' equivalent of a furry, who knows?

Oh, so its a scouter. I can't wait to learn the intricacies of jowl creature power levels before I shoot the thing they're talking about in the head and be done with it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Just give me a set of Rolling Thunder space Aviators I can have the whole team wear. Nothing special or stat important, just looks good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Keru posted:

Instead of the Awesome button, we now have the

button.

ohpleaseohpleaseohplease

I will probably buy it no questions asked if they have a good dumb team jingle play and make the fighting pose button reward you for doing it right.