Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Decius posted:

How is this even possible? You get Vetra with the Tempest. There is about 1,5h content before that, and that's with exhausting all dialogue and quests and reeeally taking your time on H7.

I think they mean Jaal with token alien crewmember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cythereal posted:

Dang, looks like I can't convince some dumb bastards from the Nexus to move to Voeld without messing with Remnant stuff to warm the planet up. Did every other sidequest available on the planet and it's at 39%. What's the matter, folks not want to live someplace where -30 Celsius is considered warm?

You get habitability from main quests as well. I got the planet over 40% without activating the vault. The I established the outpost. But the game kinda assumes that I did do the vault. The temperature within outpost grounds (still outside, not in the buildings) is in the acceptable range. And when I scan Voeld from orbit it says something like "outpost xxx was established after the vault was cleared and the planet is heating up". I didn't get to play more, first thing I will do today is doing the vault to check if this results in a game breaking bug.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
There should be a big point in the OP that reads as YOU NEVER NEEDED MASS RELAYS TO TRAVEL INSIDE A CLUSTER

And is there really less information about the planets than in previous games? You have the codex and the summary in the planet scan interface, I can't recall other ME games being more comprehensive.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Kurieg posted:

She says something like "Mock Offense: What, can't you see it?" and Drak loses it

Wtf. Going to roll with Drack and PeeBee exclusively until I hear this, that's amazing.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cythereal posted:

Indeed. Grim, cynical games are a dime a dozen and I've come to adore that Andromeda is a far more optimistic view. I'm running around as a younger, Asian, lesbian Captain Picard helping everyone get along, being a benevolent alien who helps make life better for everyone, and geeking out when she encounters strange alien tech.

This here. It's like in literature. Books like Abercrombie's First Law books are bleak and cynical and depressing... and really, really good. But I don't want to read that all the time, sometimes you want to read optimistic tales with clearly heroic (and flawed) protagonists. Same with video games. The Mass Effect trilogy is really good but it's nice that we don't face world ending threats (yet?) and that Andromeda is not overtly grim.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

SubponticatePoster posted:

Things like that are great. It's
"I gave an Angaran smuggler top secret poo poo about us and the Nexus who then got abducted by pirates"
"I told you to do something that appeared harmless on the surface but created a goddamn stink instead of doing it myself so now the human Pathfinder looks like an rear end in a top hat."
"I never ask permission from you to do anything and it keeps exploding in my face, causing you to intervene to fix it"

that makes me want to throttle him.

Wait, where does Liam cause a diplomatic incident? He had me scanning an unfriendly merchant's goods on Aya but then called the whole thing off when I talked to him. Is it later in the game? I have done his loyalty mission but have not yet established outposts on Kadara and the Krogan planet

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Dumb UI issues that I haven't seen mentioned in the thread: Why is it impossible to zoom into the map? Sometimes there are quest markers on top of the forward station you want to fast travel to, and you have to move the mouse really carefully to capture that one pixel allowing you to select the station. That's super annoying, and I blame the consoles.

Please tell me I'm a big idiot and that I overlooked how to zoom.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought DAI was a lot of fun and a really good game but I also recognized really quick that I'm not going to give a poo poo about 75% of the content.

This. In my three full playthroughs of Inquisition, there are some regions I never did (like Hissing Wastes beyond getting the armor recipes), and I skipped most of the side content in my second and third playthrough. The main quest is fantastic, and the game has the best companions in a modern Bioware game. There's a fantastic game underneath the pseudo MMO bullshit. Trespasser is amazing, DAI would be the game of the decade if the main game had been as good as that DLC.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Android Blues posted:

I think the "Bioware romances are titillation because they're a sequence of simple interactions, where the NPC is always into the player and is totally compliant, leading up to a sex scene" criticism is very outdated. A lot of romances in Bioware games no longer have sex scenes, and there are several romance characters who don't behave in "wish fulfilment"-y ways but in dramatic ones: Fenris, Josephine, Solas, off the top of my head, all have moments where they have serious doubts about your relationship and want you to leave them alone. Sera tries to force you to renounce your religion if you believe in Elven gods. Blackwall was lying to you about his identity the entire time and you have to put him on trial for war crimes during his romance plot. Anders blows up a church.

Like, at this point there are more complicated, dramatic Bioware romances than the Mass Effect 1-style "simple interactions leading up to a sex scene" ones. It was relevant back in 2009 maybe, not so much now.

That's true. Solas even tells you what your facial tattoos really are when you romance him. I don't think you learn that anywhere else. And the whole romance breaks the pattern by him breaking up with you!

The Dragon Age people are pretty good with the characters. I liked my squad mates better with each game (though Varric, Aveline and Carver had to compensate for the romaceable four). They are getting better with the relationships as well. Inquisition was a success, and I don't know why the failure of a side studio to produce a good Mass Effect game should mean that the DA studio will suddenly be bad at making more Dragon Age games.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I think DA2's combat was actually better than Inquisition's, but it's ruined by the waves of enemies spawning out of nowhere. Encounter design is just atrocious, the only cool fights were the rock golem, the Arishok and Corypheus.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

DoctorGonzo posted:

what the gently caress is this poo poo?
even witcher 1 is better than every bioware game. the last good bioware game is dragon age origins

The Baldur's Gate games were better than any Witcher game.

Inquisition and especially Mass Effect 2 were good Bioware games.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Perhaps we should make a new thread then. After all, there's new Mass Effect info, a remaster of the OG trilogy and a new ME game, so it's just goons being goons why we have this dumb thread name.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I will buy this because I have no self control and love the Mass Effect series, just like I will buy Dragon Age 4.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

DancingShade posted:

My favorite part of ME:A was the bit where I discovered the space APC didn't have any weapons and needed a gear change to go up a gentle incline. What was yours?

My favorite part of ME:A was being told my char would be the pathfinder to find new colonizable planets and new alien species, only to be beaten to all of those by random Milky Way schmucks.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Ainsley McTree posted:

*6 months later*

"Everman, Ley, Holmes, and Watts resign from bioware under abrupt circumstances"

More like "1.5 years later, they resign under abrupt circumstances, ME4 delayed for a year". Repeat until Duke Nukem levels are reached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

poisonpill posted:

Inquisition was the first BioWare game I didn’t finish and andromeda was the first I just never played at all. They’re basically done at this point

Inquisition was a good game, not at all comparable to Andromeda. At least the required content of Inquisition was good, it unfortunately had too many optional parts that were often outright bad. Trespasser is still an amazing DLC.