Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Eastbound Spider posted:

A dialogue driven spy rpg is such a cool idea.

I still like Alpha protocol

I'd suggest Tell Tale but then you'd have "Conrad will remember that :argh:" and then he'd die in the next scene no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

Citadel, Leviathan and From Ashes (if you never got Javik) are the good DLCs, Omega is only just okay and totally skippable. Leviathan works best if you unravel a little bit of the plot each time you complete a main story arc.

Agreed with these. I like Leviathan but I find doing it in small chunks is really nice, since you have to go back to the Citadel between missions anyway.

quote:

Citadel can be done at any point after the Cerberus attack mission but it's thematically not very connected to ME3 at all and is more intended to be played after you do the game. But at the very least, you should do it after the Horizon mission with Miranda if you want to ensure the maximum amount of interactable companions.

There are a few parts to Citadel: the first is the actual story mission which you get when you launch the DLC, which is a lot of fun but you should have recruited all your squadmates by then (so wait until Tali.) I think you can do the second part anytime after (so you can go kill some reapers/Cerberus goons and come back to it), but yeah wait until Miranda makes it through Horizon.

fruit on the bottom posted:

There was only one thing wrong with Mass Effect 2 and it's that you didn't have Legion for 95% of the game.

This is easy to mod in with Gibbed. I did this with an Infiltrator run so it was me + Legion the whole time (filling out the squad with Garrus/Zaeed as needed) and it was :legion: :zaeed:

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jun 30, 2017

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Helith posted:

I don't think I could be arsed to play any DLC for this even if they gave it away for free tbh.
Which they won't because this game killed Mass Effect and it's not coming back.

TBF the DLC for ME3 was pretty solid. Omega wasn't great but it certainly wasn't awful. I doubt they are sitting on something the caliber of Lair of the Shadow Broker or Citadel, but even something up to Leviathan or even Overlord standards would at least give some hope that they've learned something from this mess.

Dragon Age 2 was well-hated and they managed to salvage the franchise with Inquisition which is a pretty solid game as long as you aren't a completionist, in which case you'll be hating life playing Witcher 3 anyway as you traverse the oceans of Skellige for all those sunken treasures and have an Excel sheet to make sure you didn't miss some obscure quest trigger.

While I haven't played ME:A, I think they tried to do something similar to DA:I where they threw in way, way more quests than would be humanly expected of you to complete, and figured you'd do them while they were fun and then just jump back on the main quest once you got tired of them. In DA:I you can pick side story missions, dungeon crawls, attacking the rifts, or do boring fetch quests and still be way overleveled, they clearly didn't expect people to do the whole thing. Is ME:A better if you avoid the side content you don't like?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

8one6 posted:

Calzones are the best possible video gaming food, because it's a handheld pizza.

Stromboli > Calzone

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

orange juche posted:

Every time I've eaten a stromboli the filling has been a loving mess that I've had to attack with something other than my hands in order to get it under control so I can pick it up and munch it.

Stop eating poo poo strombolis

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

orange juche posted:

I'm sorry there's not many Italians in the deep South of the us

Then have some ribs, perfect food to eat with your hands.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Dust has Korean food to restore health.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
$40 seems like a lot for an expansion pack.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

I'm thinking about replaying the trilogy, who was the better person to save in the first game again? Ash or Kaiden?

Kaidan is actually pretty good in ME3, since he has Overload/Reave/Cryo and can carry an assault rifle so he's useful on almost any mission. Ash is all guns like ME1 but you've got other characters for that.

I think the character moments in ME3 are better with Kaidan as well.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
I don't see why you wouldn't trust a Council that approved the genocide of the Rachni and unleashing a sterility plague on the Krogan.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

I mean at least he's the reason there was an ending, since he locked Mac Walters in a room and wouldn't let him out till he finally wrote an ending (pretty sure this was late in production, hence the need to lock him in) but on the otherside he didn't let any of the good writers give input towards the ending

If he locked all the writers in the room to come up with an ending, we'd still be waiting for ME3 to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Xe sounds like xe's finished in the game industry with that kind of rant, it's bad form to call out co-workers when most of them were working pretty hard and didn't have much control over facial animations.