Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'll be getting it on the release date, but probably won't have much time to play it until the weekend it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

And if you're worried about Mordin dying, you can just send him back with the crew and he'll be fine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DadRyder is the Pathfinder at the start of the game. One/both of his kids take over at some point, so DadRyder either dies or goes rogue or goes missing or gets injured.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think I'll start another playthrough of ME3. I never did get through doing Omega or Leviathan. There are still a lot of things in Citadel I read about that I didn't come across either.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you all want to make fun of people pre-ordering things go check out the Nintendo Switch thread.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

We'll bang okay? good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Phrosphor posted:

What is everyone going to call the main character to avoid using their first name?

Just like the best first name for Shepard was Commander, the best first name for Ryder will be Pathfinder.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Looking at the Prima guide for ME:A, it looks like it is a little more than 100 pages larger than the Inquisition guide. What I'm saying is, it's a 100 pages of crafting material locations and recipes.

Actually it's 100 pages of people to bang.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm replaying ME3 and Vanguard is still so much fun. It's great to just be a charging force of death. I also didn't notice or forgot how Shepard will give out this great yell right as he charges in someone's stupid face.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thor-Stryker posted:

It's one of the stupidest triggers in the game. I went for forty minutes charging into aliens and then insta-died to a banshee. I had to go research what I did wrong because of bad trigger design.

I also broke one of the Kai lang fights and it was just me vs a helicopter for a half hour.

What I'm saying is... Vanguard literally breaks the game. :smuggo:

Wait, do Banshees show up in the opening sequence? Thought it was only cannibals.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SubponticatePoster posted:

It was pretty spooky. You're in that Asari Ardat-Yakshi monastery and can hear them screaming before you finally come face to face with one. They weren't in the MP beta and I mainlined the campaign at launch and it was a real :stonk: moment.

I did some parts of Leviathan before this mission, and it was kind of funny to have my teammates shocked and wondering what Banshees were. Hey! We already killed a couple of them! It''s not a surprise.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Serf posted:

Miranda and Jacob just kinda sucked. Mordin and Grunt ruled though.

Miranda was fine and at least Jacob gave us THE PRIIIIZE

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Torrannor posted:

So Andromeda will have "moderate impact nudity" and "strong impact sex", while Witcher 3 had "strong impact nudity" and "high impact sex", a step up in both categories. At least that means Bioware won't try to score points with the audience for having the most graphic sex ever. Hopefully they rather used the graphic design time to improve the facial animations.

Looks like the ratings are the same as DA:I.

But like someone said, the ESRB rating description will be fun because it gave us this: The game includes some sexual material: a female character briefly depicted in front of a man's torso (fellatio is implied); characters depicted topless or with exposed buttocks while lying in bed or after sex; some dialogue referencing sex/sexuality (e.g., “'I will bring myself sexual pleasure later, while thinking about this with great respect'” and “The way your t*ts bounce when I pin your arms and take you on the side of the bed…”). The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” appear in dialogue.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A future blouse and space furniture are so funny. Is the furniture actually in space? Does she ever wear past or present blouses?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

$5 to play it early? I might do that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kurieg posted:

An attempt to force you to diversify your party since you no longer needed electronics and decryption. The problem being that the actual spread of powers across the classes was abysmal. Warp was the only biotic power that did anything to anyone with protection, and only one party member got incinerate. Meaning all it really accomplished was making Miranda more or less a necessary include.

Miranda's bonus to all teammates was really good too. So yeah, she was about mandatory as a teammate.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

nerdz posted:

I don't know where I read that Andromeda will have melee weapons but I really hope I wasn't just dreaming of it. I actually had tons of fun playing as a melee infiltrator in me3(even if it was rather inefficient), and having actual melee weapons would make it even better.

It was a tweet from one of the devs.

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/821166739442561024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

He does later say that melee weapons are in the game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Veotax posted:

Maybe hammers are some kind of accessory that buffs your stats? Or maybe they change the heavy melee animation? Since you can essentially change class when ever you want it probably wouldn't make sense to tie the animation to your class like in ME3.

https://twitter.com/JohnLalinjaman/status/821193144070914048

https://twitter.com/tibermoon/status/821193920210202624

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Don't you have to romance her?

No.

Because it kills you.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mymla posted:

Instead, Miranda gave Shepard a boobjob between 1 and 2.

And then a second one between 2 and 3.

Nah, they just improved the posture for women all over the galaxy between each game.

There's a picture around that shows how ME1 models were all hunched over and they progressively got better.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I looked up the whole thing needed to make peace with the geth and quarians since I forgot all the values.

quote:

The Reputation check's requirements are complex. First, there are factors which seem to be purely pass/fail; missing even one of them flunks the Reputation check:
Shepard must have at least four bars of Reputation.
Tali and Legion must both be present, which requires an imported save from Mass Effect 2. If no save was imported, Tali will have been exiled and will not be able to support Shepard with an Admiral's authority, while Legion will not appear at all.
The mission Rannoch: Geth Fighter Squadrons must be completed.

Additionally, there are other factors which build up Shepard's trustworthiness to both parties; if Shepard has not done enough of them, the Commander will not have the groundswell of goodwill needed to moderate a cease-fire. According to the official Prima Games guide, each factor has a certain "point" value, and at least 5 "points" are necessary for the cease-fire to occur. These factors are:
(+2 points) Destroying the heretic geth in Legion: A House Divided. In shipboard conversation, you can ask Legion about the repercussions of your decision, and it will mention that the absence of the Heretics made the consensus to join the "Old Machines" more difficult to achieve. Geth forces are also considerably weakened without the aid of the Heretics, giving the Migrant Fleet an edge in the battle and reducing the quarians' overall casualties.
(+2 points) Preventing Tali's exile in Tali: Treason without presenting evidence of Admiral Rael'Zorah's experiments on the geth.
(+1 point) Brokering a peace in the Tali/Legion loyalty argument. If the player did not have sufficient Paragon/Renegade points at that time, loyalty of either Tali or Legion would have been lost. In that case -- even if loyalty had been regained later -- this "point" will not count towards the five needed to pass the Reputation check (and broker the ceasefire).
(+1 point) Completing Rannoch: Admiral Koris.
(+1 point) Saving Admiral Koris during Rannoch: Admiral Koris.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

There's a lot of cool mathy poo poo to the ME3 outcomes that are completely invisible to most because many of the prerequisites involve choices 90% of players would never make.

Eh, I think the only thing from that list that really stopped most people who played ME2 was not brokering peace between Tali and Legion.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

Oh god going into a menu to switch your powers around because there's more biotics in the next group or whatever sounds so tedious.

Surely in the year of our lord 2017 they wouldn't design the game like that.

If they give you the option, so what? Nobody is making you have to obsessively respec for each encounter.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Always use the Cain. Shooting the core, shooting the Thresher Maw, and shooting Reaper Baby were all good and fun uses for it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

all of these people seem so aggressively boring compared to even the other mass effect games.

*sees less than 5 minutes on characters*

Goddamn they're all so aggressively boring!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Well it's unfair to give a Krogan teammate because you always take the Krogan with you.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JawKnee posted:

haha wait Sara(h) and Scott are pampered rookie recruits with 'tours' at the diplomatic station and backwater archives? hahaha.

They're more untested, and Bioware has said the game will be more about the main character growing into a hero rather than already being one like Shepard was.

I'm sure that SAM and the connection to the crew is going to play into whatever happens to Alec and why one of the twins becomes Pathfinder instead of Cora.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The bio for them also said their dad gave them some training too. I'm sure they're fine for their roles, and then will have to struggle with being thrust into the main role when they lose their dad.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Indeed, I am not going to play Mass Effect: Andromeda, and I invite you all to join me.

Ugh I hate this game so much and am not going to play it so let me constantly post in the thread about it!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol you've made 243 posts in a thread about a game you keep saying you hate

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

frajaq posted:

only 243? Have you ever seen a Fallout thread? there's people that hate it and post way beyond that

I hate that game and don't bother with the thread.

Or I guess hate is a strong word. I tried to play it and couldn't make it through about five hours before I got sick of it and quit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pattonesque posted:

I figured Drack would be the soldier

lmao if they make Drack the infiltrator, that would own

Hey, infiltrating is successful if nobody sees you, right?

They can't see you if they're all dead.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Give yourself biotic charge and the enemies will feel like they're in a pinball game.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Serf posted:

I never played Citadel. I should check it out on this run.

It's so good.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Having been replaying ME3, the game constantly beats you over the head that it wants you to choose synthesis. The mistake they made is that the super special ending with Shepard living is with destroy, so that's what everyone is going to want to choose because they want Shep to live happily ever after with their waifu or Garrus.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

I might make the Ryder family Asian on my first playthrough

Lo Ryder or Wang Ryder?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bud K ninja sword posted:

how the gently caress are you people not going to play as Knight Ryder?

Because I'll be Ghost Ryder.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

How many Sara Ryders will be renamed "Dee?"

Deez Nuts Ryder

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bud K ninja sword posted:

Wrex gonna give it to ya

Wrex Ryder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gonna make my character an Infiltrator, name him Red Ryder, and shoot people's eyes out.