Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Ugly In The Morning posted:

EA has never met an IP it can’t mismanage into the ground.

Even as someone that really liked Andromeda, everything around that game is just a loving disaster.

Andromeda was a 100% Bioware loving around for 4 years. The game probably would have been pretty good if EA actually rained in Bioware more instead of giving them a blank check and no supervision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
ME3 Multiple Player coming back is the only part of the remake I would look forward to.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
To be fair that tacked on multiplayer was as big of a successful surprise as Metriod moving to 3D with Metriod Prime. No one thought it was going to work but not only did it work it 100% fit with the story and setting while just being a fun experience.

And the fact that it was so successful that it let the devs get weird and creative with the classes towards the end. Like a one off joke character became a fun and dynamic class that was a blast to play.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 6, 2020

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The best ME3MP movement was coming back a few months after the game had been out / updates were almost done to find out the one dude in charge of preventing credit duping contract's had ended ( and he admitted as much ) so it was open season with cheat engine. Gave myself a billion credit and went to town getting and trying out all the classes.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Ha ha watch EA look at the success of Genshim Impact and release ME3 multiplayer f2p with enhanced gacha elements.

I'd still play it.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I didn't even think about that. I was just remembering the pay for credits thing it hand originally. But if EA makes it so you can you can get legendary characters with special skills set/unique lines/animations to use in ME Multiplayer..... my god.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

womb with a view posted:

Wow, Frostbite really hosed them didn't it?

Nah, dicking around trying to make random generated planets in a ME game for 4 out of 5 years of development screwed them over.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

kilus aof posted:

DOOM 3 was 2003 with an expansion pack in 2005. DOOM 2016 was released 11/13 years later(depending on if you count the expansion).

I would honestly rather have the Doom 2016 team try their hand at the ME series then any one left at Bioware. That team was able to get more characterization about of a silent first person protagonist then anything in ME:A.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

exquisite tea posted:

[Rip]
[Tear]

[Cock shotgun]

That would be the neutral option.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Shepards gonna get resurrect for a second time while completely ignoring the ending of the ME3.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Just announce which rear end in a top hat is gonna ruin the franchise this time amd how Bioware is gonna dig out of the hole of ME3.

Cause ME:A sure as he'll didn't.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
We are also now at 50/50 that next Mass Effect gaming having decent multiplayer.

How is it that I'm actually looking forward to Mass Effect having multiplayer?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

RBA Starblade posted:

It'd be pretty funny if they just kept cloning Shepard every time some bullshit starts happening

Ha ha watch Bioware do that since it would be a cheap and easy way to write why Shepard looks different every time and is a blank slate to learn new stuff. Or some how turn Shepard into some sort of digital Reaper Trill.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I always wish there was some secret ending of ME3 of just Zaeed sitting on a pile of corpses of every character and enemy as it fades to black.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Is Mass Effect old enough to get its own Sonic cycle?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Considering the crunch Bioware was under after dicking around for 4 years management probabky thought it woukd be thr best return on time investment.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The layers of production that had to get through always boggles my mind. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :glomp:

At that point of development every one was so rushed for time that ever IF some one was reviewing the dialogue that closely it was "gently caress it, it's spelled right and a complete sentence? Let's go go go".

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

hard counter posted:

iirc, because they didn't know exactly what kind of technology they were gonna be working with, if they were gonna be able to have that procedural map generation for exploring new planets, no preliminary writing had been done at all

that's absolutely insane to me, writing is theoretically one of bioware's strongest points but even that was a last minute rush job here

Yeah, something like the first four years put of five was trying to do the procedural map and planets and it completely bombed and/ or just could not be pulled off by the dev team. Which bleeds into kilus aof point: ME:A is just a rush job that ends up as worse version of everything Bioware had done before.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I mean...its following the Bioware legacy to a T. CD Projekt figured out a way to sell out without getting bought out.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

kilus aof posted:

Mass Effect multiplayer is all about microtransactions. People spent thousands of dollars on the lootboxes, there is no way they would take a paid expansion model over microtransactions.

Just make every one dreams come true and release it as a drat F2P Multiplayer gatcha game (but keep the credit progress for bronze/silver/gold the same) already.