Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Trast posted:

My greatest shame in ME3 is in over 1000 games of multiplayer I never once unlocked the Saber. :smith:

It was pretty amusing to taunt you about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Having played through the vault on Eos, I can at least say that the combat works a lot better in tighter quarters.

The bioware pudding face and jank are strong, writing is wobbly in places and everyone has botox zombie eyes. Lip sync is better than I expected though, I think the gameplay preview twitch streams they showed had some audio lag going on.

On the whole though, it's about what i expected so far, fun but not "omg holy poo poo".

If you absolutely have to play, try and get it reduced.
If not, wait till it's on sale.

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

I'm playing a press copy, and I swear to god all the Angaran females have the exact same face. Like, EXACT.
Also oh my god the galaxy map zoom in - zoom out bullshit gets super loving annoying. I really hope someone somewhere mods it out.

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

Yeah, those unskippable travel scenes whenever you move around a system suck. Those can't be loading screens, right? The game is just switching from one planet model to another. Surely there's a way to cut that poo poo out.

Some of the things you zoom in on look super jittery and wobbly too. It's just so eeeeeeeh

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

The other thing I'm thinking about with ME:A is replay value. One of the things I liked with the previous ME games was going through as different classes. Profiles make this essentially pointless so the only other reason to replay the game is which of the wooden-dialogued characters you want to bang. And perhaps there will be some kind of moral choice I actually give a gently caress about.

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

The instructions on what you could/couldn't stream were super confusingly worded, they sent out a revised version and moved the embargo forward yesterday.
It's still gonna be a pain in the rear end to stream though because there's a huge section you're not allowed to show so you have to play through it and make a save after to skip to.

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

Abyss posted:

Found an interesting bug on Eos, spoilered just in case.

After escaping the vault and getting the atmosphere online, I remembered that they had said something about a room that was behind a barrier, but that it was gone when i was running for my life. I went back into the vault, thinking I could retrace my steps and get the stuff there, but turns out that it restarted the priority mission. However, PeeBee is now invisible, everything in the vault is explored, and there's no way to go back to a previous save because the game now thinks I'm on the priority mission yet again. At least I looked in every side room, here's hoping the enemies don't respawn.

I encountered this exact problem, had a laugh, loaded a previous save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Smooth Balls
Apr 13, 2005

BriteNite posted:

Deconstruct armor and weapons you don't want instead of selling them. You can do it from the inventory menu. You even get augments back when you deconstruct crafted items.

You can't deconstruct the preorder items or Pathfinder weapons though, so don't put any augments you don't want to lose on them.

You get augs back? This changes everything!