Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I never actually finished ME3 at all. In fact, I don't think I got more than about half way in.

I should correct that one of these days, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah. Regardless of what happens at the very end, the way most of the main threads wrap up before that is excellent.

Hm. Guess I should do that soon, before I get too far into World of Final Fantasy :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

DrNutt posted:

*sheepishly raises stupid gay hand*

Yeah me too. I'll shamefully (not shamefully) read most any drat old sci fi with an interesting setting :shobon:

So I forget how ME3 single player goes, is Adept or Vanguard more of the funhaver class and also how do Paragon/Renegade work in that one WRT the endgame? I remember in ME1 and 2 you had to hardcore blue/red to get all the scenes and such

Also is there a good 'backstory' generator for saves somewhere

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

vanguard vanguard vanguard

masseffectsaves.com

Thank you kindly :tipshat:

I'll have to look up when I get home if there's a way to play with controller on PC. I remember wanting that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the good fax machine posted:

The first page of the GI article specifically lists Turians as one of the four races.

Might be interesting to see how the difference in racial lifespans affects the ark races differently. Salarians only live like 45-50 years, right, compared to the thousands of years for Asari?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Zore posted:

They were in hypersleep so no generational stuff unless like the Asari/Krogan all stayed awake during the voyage.

They'll probably gloss over it though since they never really deal with the fact the Asari/Krogan live like fifty times longer than everyone else since they live thousands of years while everyone else operates on human/slightly less than human lifespan.

Aw. I thought that might be a neat story hook. :smith:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Has anyone tried this thingy for controller support in ME3 PC?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I imagine at like four years old the multiplayer for ME3 is pretty much dead, right? Y'all got me wanting to try it some more.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

wookieepelt posted:

That's the best thing. It doesn't work for MP, but there's a link for the MP version.

Yeah, it seemed to work well on the PC itself, at least so far. Wish it worked over the Steam Link, though, it seems to leave the controller stuck in 'mouse' mode. :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I played ME3 again some last night and this morning, and I found myself getting bored again as soon as I got to the Citadel for the first time.

At this point I should just accept I'm never actually going to finish the game and go watchvideos for all the DLC or something. I don't know what it is about that game that fails to attach to me, in theory it's everything I want, and I totally devoured ME and ME2.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

If you haven't at least made it through Tuchanka, try and suffer enough to get there. It's pretty good and has a nice :black101: moment. Also a very :cry: moment too. And yeah, Citadel is awesome. But if you just can't stomach it I'm sure all the relevant stuff is on YT somewhere.

I made it there once, and to some sort of chase sequenceo n the Citadel I can't really recall the context or events of, but no further

Like all the story stuff is nice and good but the game itself just... i dunno man, I don't even really understand why it bores me so much so quickly every time :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Moola posted:

it might have something to do with the combat encounters actually being really boring

Literally ever mission is; start at X point, fight your way down a linear path to X ending, then you leave.

Maybe, it's always seemed like I peter out more after and outside of the combat areas for some reason though

I'm bored enough tonight to try again for a while though, I think. Just go on my first wander thru the Citadel (first time this playthrough attempt, rather) and see how I feel in an hour

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Vanguard isn't doing it, repetitive charging and shotgunning/novaing just doesn't have the appeal I thought it would

Unfortunately I'm not really sure what would have appeal except that I suspect Adept isn't it either, so... suggestions?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Eej posted:

I would go to the doctor to check for a broken fun gland before proceeding

Charge is fine but something about Nova just feels totally unsatisfying, even if it is powerful :shrug:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Okay so I was wrong, Adept in ME3 is Cool and Good now that I know how to do detonations against protected targets

Just got through Grissom Academy and the amount of physics objects flying around would earn grudging approval from Sir Isaac Newton

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Trast posted:

Combos are the bread and butter of the biotic classes. Once you get those down you become a glowing blue hurricane of death.

Yeah and now that I have Jarvik I can be a green-tinged hurricane of death, too

Jarvik, Garrus and I are gonna Renegade Broteam through ME3, it might take me a very long time but god damnit I'm going to do it this time

(e) Dr Bryson's lab is the start of one of the DLC, right?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 13, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I still can't decide if I want to buy into this game or not. Never even beat Mass Effect 3, I keep meaning to but then I get into the whole 'need to set up/download an appropriate save file' thing and stall out.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Question time before I give up and buy in to this supposedly lovely game tonight. Are build choices as permanent as they have been in the previous ME games or can you respec at any time? I'm shamed to admit that that's the #1 reason I never beat ME3, because I couldn't make up my mind on what kind of Shepard I wanted to play.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

You can respec really cheaply on the Tempest.

How completely? Are we talking totally rechoose your character or is it "you're still a Vanguard but now you can take Nova instead of Charge if you want I guess"? (made up example ofc)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Son of Rodney posted:

One thing I've wondered about since I started the game, and which hasn't been mentioned at all, is why there is no news from the milky way. The initiative appearantly uses some weird geth technology to scope out the andromeda galaxy before making the trip, but shouldn't there be some form of ftl communication? I just read that appearntly ME explains instantaneous communication with comm buoys that need to be placed every 150.000km, as well as the mass effect portals, but couldn't the milkyway people just send some miniature comm ships after the arcs in certain intervals?

I realise that the answer is "because it's a game" but I dunno, having people hear about the reapers and stuff in the milky way would have given it some great extra dimension.

I love when questions like this come up, by the way, because it means more people being exposed to just how loving big galactic distances are :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Raaaaaaad. I knew I was eventually gonna get this for the multiplayer anyway but that makes it even easier.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Welp against my better judgment I'm now downloading this bad game. We'll see how bad it really is and what I can tolerate in a few hours, I suppose. Gives me time to vacillate endlessly between an adept, vanguard or engineer-y type builds in my head, at least :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Whoof, I just got to the Tempest, saw all the stuff at the R&D table and immediately froze up on decision paralysis. I don't suppose I can ignore that table going forward, can I?