Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Eej posted:

Krogans own and the stupidest thing they did in ME1 was give you an option to kill Wrex because it prevented them from working the actual best character in the series into the main plot more.

Even on my most renegade playthroughs I never double crossed my Brograns.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You're going to be able to have sex with a character named "Peebee" in this video game.

:shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Volus confirmed! :shepface:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bro let me tell you about Kai Leng.....

Why was he in ME3? I played through the whole series and some culturally confused Chinese cyborg ninja who got his rear end handed to him by a dying Drell really didn't add much to the story.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Zzulu posted:

So they give birth out of giant alien penises?? Or do they have buttbabies

these are critical questions

They probably reproduce by budding and the Asari spawn pop out the backs.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I thought it was pretty funny when ME3 got such massive backlash from fans and the response from Bioware was, "People didn't like that the endings were sad."

The MSJ posted:

Look, the Reapers might be the biggest threat right now but you must not underestimate Kai Leng.

Were they in DLC? I didn't get any for ME3 because I was so disappointed by it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

What do you mean? They're in the final act blowing up everything. They did also appear in Leviathan DLC as a single reaper just straight up info dumping you at the end of it that made the endings a little more tolerable.

No, I saw reapers multiple times, I was talking about the DLC antagonist Kai Lang.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No, that chump dies in the Illusion Man's chamber as a "boss" in the main game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jImIxR4OEk

Edit: All of Kai Leng's stuff is in books and comics that no one read and is a bad and dumb character. I hate him.

I too hate the pointless anime space ninja and sometimes pretend they weren't in the main game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Javik as a preorder DLC was dumb too. He's a god damned Prothean that commented on poo poo you did or explained how some parts of Prothean society worked! Why lock that behind a preorder or DLC at all? He should have also been in the base game. Just dumb decisions all around for 3 I swear.

He shows up at the final speech Shepard gives to his squad even without the DLC, but it's this random soldier who I didn't know just standing around with my friends and it was super awkward and killed the tone they were going for.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Milky Moor posted:

That's kind of a key thing. Shepard - and the player - interacts with the world through either shooting or talking and both of these options have clear win/loss outcomes in the eyes of the player. In that sense, the Reapers had to be brought down to Sovereign and Harbinger to give Shepard someone to talk to and interact with. But ME3 really prevents the player/Shepard from doing either of those things (if they shoot the Catalyst, they get the worst possible ending, too, which smacks of someone being upset over the ending's reception). Part of that is because the Reapers themselves - a race of sentient super-battleships - aren't exactly suited for a three-person squad combat game. If the Reapers were defeated by having enough war assets in a space battle outside Shepard's control, that'd be unfulfilling. If the Reapers were brought down by killing Harbinger, or convincing them to leave the galaxy with a Paragon interrupt, that'd also be unfulfilling. Sometimes, I think Bioware had a fundamental conflict between their antagonists and the scale of their gameplay and that ME3 was doomed to have a poor ending.

I got to the end of ME3 without spoilers and I emptied my gun into the catalyst's skull when presented with those choices, I think that was a common reaction.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Pattonesque posted:

getting the top-level EMS destroy (with Shepard taking a breath at the end) was impossible in the base game, I'm pretty sure?

from the ME3 wiki:

"Participation in Galaxy at War is encouraged to maximize the Military Strength given by each War Asset, as playing single-player alone will limit EMS by 50%, or half, of the overall War Assets score the player has acquired. There are 8370 total War Assets available in the game without downloadable content, but this number cannot be reached as it includes War Assets that are restricted to specific outcomes of player decisions, including saving Kaidan Alenko or Ashley Williams, saving or sacrificing the Citadel Council, and spreading or sabotaging the genophage cure. As such, the highest obtainable War Assets score is approximately 7500. If the multiplayer mode is not played, the player will only be able to acquire ~3750 EMS, which is less than the ~4000 EMS necessary to experience all possible endings."

The Extended Cut lowered that to 3100 and the other DLC gave you a lot of extra war assets

The greatest war asset was Conrad Verner.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Drifter posted:

What's the whole joke surrounding marauder shields? Other enemies had shields no?

I think it was because a lot of people played through on difficulties were marauders didn't have shields but the last marauder always has them.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I was so not aware of that meme until now. I totally tuned out anything Mass Effect after finishing 3 for months. :smith:

I was driving in the rain and suddenly thought about the ending to ME3 and yelled, "It's been TWO MONTHS, HOW CAN I STILL BE ANGRY ABOUT THIS?" I was honestly baffled.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Don't preorder bioware games you idiots

As someone who preordered DA2 and ME3, that's fair.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Weird that the one mission they decided to show in the trailer was confronting an ex-alliance guy. If they want to sell this whole thing as being in a completely new galaxy and a whole new experience and stuff it's sorta strange to show that.

Combat looks fun though.

The arc you're on probably comes out of hibernation after the other ones and there are temporary settlements/organizations already set up. Or maybe they've had a few hundred years on you and weren't able to visit many planets to find a good one for civilization due to critical supplies being on your arc.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

The fact that you care about how they "destroyed a series" is loving hilarious. Let it go.

there was, and it was pretty baller

Is NPC underwear really a good direction for this thread to go though? Let's hope Bioware actually learned something from their mistakes and doesn't cock this up too.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

why everyone speak english

This why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj0iJtgHOCI&t=37s

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actual ranged scopes require an understanding of range and sighting and optics and conditions and what all the funny numbers and lines in the display mean.

Abstracting that into needing to put a point into a training skill is hardly an unforgivable design decision.

Scope bite is a pretty common phenomenon for people trying to use a long range rifle.

JawKnee posted:

I'm not either, and have no experience with guns whatsoever - do all soldiers train with sniper rifles?

It's more whether or not a soldier is trained to snipe, it's not all about the scope either just ask this fella.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Drifter posted:

The topic was "And you thought EDI was bad...
VERY :NSFW:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3zo9qizz11qahmako1_1280.jpg

Eh, that could be used for expelling waste, Asari could still bud & pop out their spawn from their backs.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao if you don't laugh the entire time the manchildren known as video game makers are portraying sex on the screen

I have faith in the ability of video games to portray romance in a believable manner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNRaTejGNps

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

nerdz posted:

Also lol at a larger than human size species that can live literally forever and spawn 1000 eggs per clutch. I really wish someone would do the math on how many years (months?) would take for them to completely devastate a planet's resources. How do you even feed and take care of a thousand loving babies?

I think they were constantly eaten by large predators until they developed advanced weaponry then started killing each other constantly over resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I wish the Asari favored battle axes for melee, but oh well.