Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I could have sworn at some point they were talking about a Salarian squadmate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zero VGS posted:

So there's some augs that reduce biotic recharge by 5%... what's stopping me from putting 4 in my gun, 3 in my melee sword, etc for super fast recharge? Do I have to keep waiting for them to pop into the stores or is there a way to farm them faster? I think they're common.

I was under the impression that even with those you can't actually get better than 100% recharge? If you actually can get 200% recharge then well... great. Double great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think they intended people to actually use the Profile system and Overdrive Packs, which in combination will let you spam literally every power that is in like 2 seconds of game time (if that).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DancingShade posted:

Nothing says engaging combat like spending half of it in a sub menu with a clunky UI.

Ok that dude is down, time to get that other one *brings up main menu, starts to navigate, sighs heavily*

You don't ever have to bring up the main menu to switch Profiles, only to create them. And in any case, I wasn't being a dick, I was just saying that there is a reason (whether you think it's a good one or not) that there are 3 Powers per Profile. That's just the system they wanted to use.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've generally only switched power sets by just completely re-speccing. The classless system is really great for letting you be whatever without having to restart to have access to "that cool power I feel like trying out".

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

I've been doing Charge/Singularity/Omni Grenade as a Vanguard, and I was just dumping all my other points into passives. What other power should I use to prime detonations? Pull, or Annihilation?

Incinerate not good enough for you? You don't want to light dudes on fire before you lift them off the ground and then fly into them at Mach 3???

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

I kinda do, but I figured since I'm using the Vanguard profile any tech powers I use will be gimped to hell and have long recharge times and stuff.

Nah it doesn't make that big of a difference at all and Incinerate will help a lot against Armor.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goddamn it SAM, I do not have new email. Christ you'd think ships with FTL drives would have improved on Yahoo Mail.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I know the thread title just changed but:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > ME: Andromeda - I don't play these games for the PLOT

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DrNutt posted:

LMAO... I guarantee every last person who came into this thread and bitched that the space sudoku doesn't recognize alternative solutions has done this. I refuse to believe otherwise without a screenshot that proves it.

:agreed: I didn't see a puzzle that legitimately had an alternate solution, which is why I said the puzzles are "logic" - each one has only one square that any symbol could go into

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

twistedmentat posted:

The biggest problem I'm having is finding a decent set of weapons. No matter what I try I always end up with Sweeper, Piranha and Sidewinder (because who doens't like a space revolver).

Have you tried the Equalizer and/or Talon? Those are my go-to SMG and shotgun/pistol respectively.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's pretty annoying that even when you don't bring Jaal on missions with you, he still won't shut up

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't see anything, there's increased shields and I think health.

I'd like to be proven wrong, but it doesn't seem like there is.

Pathfinder Armor (all pieces) give DR.

Krogan planet best planet:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RatHat posted:

They talk about Shepard in one of the memories, that's probably it.

just lol if you don't think Shepard is gonna show up in the DLC having hitched a ride on the Quarian Ark because they discovered Reaper Signals in Andromeda