Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
here we gooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Texas isn't happening unless every poll undercounted latinos

Texas wasn't going to happen. Also it's a garbage state.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
CSPAM should remain, it's great for politics and way better than d&d

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
100 years hillary clinton

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Proud to have been supporting HRC since day 1 of the democratic primary whaddup

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Is obama going to pardon peltier because that would probably be a good gently caress ewe to some various racists

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Pick, what happened to your av? What's the story?

Jeez, which? I've had literally 6 CTs in the last week (though two were from supporters trying to make my av not insulting again).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Pick, what happened to your av? What's the story?

though generally speaking it comes from people who are super mad I post stories about lovely first dates because clearly it means I hate all men

tho if I hated men I wouldn't give so many of them a shot to date me. it's not my fault if they act like jerkoffs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

good lord you have generic white guy face. I mean that's not a problem but please develop a characteristic that makes you easier to distinguish because there are just fuckin swarms of humans and keeping track of em all is kind of a hassle

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zen death robot posted:

Jill Stein wasnt as shameful until she started giving interviews to InfoWars :eng99: I don't think even Gary Johnson did that and he's quite possibly brain damaged.

What IS his deal, did we ever find out why he plays with his tongue during interviews and other such nonsense?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

a.lo posted:

"i wanted no tomatoes on my cheeseburger no it's okay i'll just take them off myself, thanks"

dude he just has one of those faces that is like total bullshit to winnow out of Guess Who

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

:thejoke:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, unless you're doing GOTV or etc there's very little point to whatever bullshit we're going to be ranting about until like 6pm eastern. That said, I woke up stupid early and don't want to begin working yet though I guess I could go in... bleeeh.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh great, huge Minnesota idiot Michelle Bachman is supporting the whole "rigged election" horseshit.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fknlo posted:

If she wins Florida it's over you no talent assclown.

I assume they'll straight-up call it if she does

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shark Sandwich posted:

The noted swing states of Georgia and South Carolina

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:q:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Am I the only person who thinks Anthony Zurcher is a loving idiot?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BBCSteveR/status/795988150631993344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I can tell you exactly what happened. The bakery took the commission and wanted it so that they could make it lovely and awful. What are they gonna lose, Trump's business? But they get to have a good jab in, and no one can ever prove it was on purpose.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
hesitating to call mississippi lol

ok time to get to a party... will phonepost :c00l:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It was a vote for change or no change. People were scared, they had no hope.so the loving kick themselves in their own nuts

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There was nothing to be done

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Nichael posted:

Serious question, when do Jews become the focus of Trump's hate in public? I'm half-Jewish, and while I fully understand that many demographics have it much worse, I am also fully aware that Trump campaigned, in part, on anti-semitism. Do you guys suppose he embraces that further? Or was that casual anti-semitic trash just for getting his awful voters?

I am not confident that Donald Trump has actual policies or beliefs, so who knows.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wow. Actually nothing mattered. That's incredible.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Walka Blocka Shame posted:

I'll be the first to admit that I'm corncobbing hard. But I was on this forum this morning, when everyone was excitedly posting about voting for Hillary. Myself included. Clearly she hosed some things up and misread this election, but a lot of us did as well. Imagine being the face of that, Hillary is dealing with the fact that not only did she gently caress this up, but her legacy is forever linked with what I have to believe will be a disastrous presidency. While I agree that she should have come out, man I get why she might not physically be able to.

It was weird, right down to the end I thought Manafort was right, that publicity in this election would ultimately prove to be bad. But, this... it's just "gently caress you, got mine" and I don't think (all joking aside) it was really compatible with the Democratic platform overall.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
To be honest, I have long suspected that America will only unite if we have a "for-realsies" war. So maybe that will happen.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
So here is my question: what does improve when you get isolationism and nationalism? For whom?

That's a real question. Like, don't worry about couching it. Owners of capital, I assume?

To be honest, I think women's rights will remain in relative stasis, i.e. bad. Abortion might get worse but I'm not sure if wage gap and etc. will be especially affected, just stymied.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Covok posted:

Basically, isolationism and nationalism tends to improve nothing and a build up of it lead to the first world war.

That was my general impression.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

exquisite tea posted:

I think if any information can be gleaned from this it's that Clinton massively underestimated the coalition of working class whites that helped Obama get elected and probably poured too many resources into AA + latino voters to carry the coalition. But who cares about that at this point, it's like studying the fall of Rome. It's all hosed.

Well, it's all 20/20 hindsight. Trump's campaign thought that they had lost. If anyone had seen this coming they'd have done things differently on both sides.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Ultimately, Donald Trump really is the prototypical successful American.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blitz7x posted:

No see you take all the money you save in foreign aid and military spending and use it to repair our crumbling infrastructure in a way that will unite all Americans and provide employment yeah that's what will happen

Nah, I meant really. I think folks who control capital will win, I assume? But will he actually be able to force any protectionism when the majority of his party is still against it? I'd argue we don't have a Republican in the White House still, we've got Donald Trump and we don't know what that means.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean, we can complain all we want about what she should have done differently, but ultimately she did do the smart things, because she was way ahead in the polls. You do the things that get you ahead in the polls (including oppo polls). I do not think anyone could reasonably predict that he would get a higher % of Latinos than Romney. I mean, loving really, how were they supposed to project an outcome like that? Or if they did, they'd have to re-do their entire platform to basically be a FYGM, which Republicans pretty solidly control.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Harlock posted:

How are people still baffled by what happened. Disenfranchised white people voted for change in droves because one candidate listened to them and the other called them pieces of poo poo and failed to connect

Rock and a hard place. Those people are hosed no matter what happens, one side was just pragmatic about it. Of course, obviously, the smart thing is to lie. But you lie the big lies, like walls, like big tarriffs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

she just lost a presidential election to donald j trump. she did not do smart things

She made the moves that the numbers projected were the right moves. That's all you can really do, and I'm not sure she could have pulled the working-class white vote, period. And Donald Trump was only able to pull it by lying in ways that will bite his legacy in the rear end, but he doesn't care because he does not understand that this will happen.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

youre right, she probably couldnt have pulled those votes, making the first not smart thing she did to run for president

I genuinely think Biden would have stolen it if Beau had not died.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Harlock posted:

Who cares about legacy when you're president and the other person isn't

Yeah, basically. I think that's his take.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wikkheiser posted:

Or the numbers, pollsters and professional political operatives never had a clue what they were doing, and the vaunted Obama machine was merely a waxwork that got hyped ... when fundamentally it was his personality that carried the day.

I think "change candidate" got stolen out from under their noses. They didn't have someone who could fit that role again, because they were happy with what they'd done under Obama.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Walka Blocka Shame posted:

Honestly, if we believe that Trump has lied to the white working class, that he won't be able to deliver on the MAGAing that he's promised them...why is the conclusion that Clinton should have just lied to them harder? Fact is, she likely wouldn't have been able to fix the issues that are leading to their downfall either, especially with an uncooperative House and Senate. Hindsight being what it is, we were hosed electorally either way, if Clinton won it would have been simply kicked down the road a bit.

Nah, that's what I mean. It's the last gasp of folk whose way of life is dead and it was someone's hot potato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

anime was right posted:

i make more money than anyone in the rural parts of this country and i can barely afford obamacare

they wont feel the difference.

If we want to start kicking around the poo poo, then honestly Obama should have learned from loving Hillary and never tried for health coverage. He should have used that political capital for something--anything--else. He had eight years to sort of work it out, and he handed the Democrats an albatross.

• Locked thread