Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Flynn is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Just kidding. I don't know anything.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Serf posted:

when i was younger i hoped that the internet and greater levels of interconnectivity would allow us to cross cultural lines and come to a deeper understanding of our fellow humans, allowing for a more open and accepting society

instead, it has had quite the opposite effect, which in retrospect was predictable and i am a gigantic fuckin moron for not expecting the worst from humanity

it's actually really cool and great that oppressed groups have been able to use the internet to connect across diasporas and small town trans people can be a part of bigger communities. bad people can do that too but if you only focus on the negative then you're going to have a really awful life and then you're going to die.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Serf posted:

i eagerly await the sweet release of death

this aesthetic you're affecting or whatever is like so self indulgent lol

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
A very funny thing is that there's no way Trump can get rid of sanctions at this point.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Spicer can't resign. Two high-profile resignations in 24 hours would be the end of this administration.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Squizzle posted:

imnot gonna read breit fuckin bart so someone tell me whats their angle on tgis

quote:

Trust is crucial; the resignation was warranted.

That said, the sanctions were largely bogus, and were applied not just to punish Russia for spying on the U.S. (both countries clearly spy on each other), but to substantiate the Democratic Party’s sore-loser conspiracy theory that Russia was responsible for electing Donald Trump.

Both countries spy. Both countries are killers. No big deal.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Lastgirl posted:

Reality Bites, a Winona Ryder movie in the mid 90s. It's p good

Ethan Hawke's character is a bad guy and doesn't get justice but yeah okay otherwise.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, Russia has buyer's remorse because Trump is too loving incompetent to even be an effective puppet.

Yeah, those sanctions are basically here to stay at this point.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I wonder how long Putin is willing to wait for Trump to get rid of sanctions before he releases the piss tape just to create chaos.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Squizzle posted:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallup-daily-trump-job-approval.aspx

lmbwao heslike 15pts im the hole begore tge flybb thing even happebz

He'll be in the mid-thirties for approval by the end of the week and probably the twenties in March. Trump is such a bad president that I wouldn't be surprised if he goes down as being impeached by his own party.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Weeping Wound posted:

I still think PBR gets a bad name; it's cheap around here :smith:

PBR is union-made. Owns.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Melissa McCarthy's podium is going to turn into the Aliens exoskeleton thing this weekend after he has a huge meltdown today and tomorrow and thursday and friday.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

tacodaemon posted:

© Allan Crain

I wonder if there's any commercially valuable use for that much urea. I would hope there's something to salvage from dedicating one's life to hoarding their own waste.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Samurai Sanders posted:

So? There have been so many lies to everyone about anything I seriously don't know what to make of it anymore. My sense of what matters and what doesn't went out the window like eight months ago and never returned.

I think at the point that the CIA and NSA started leaking to reporters that they had recordings of Flynn that broke through the "nothing matters" barrier.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought that had already happened, that's all.

it has but it's reaching critical mass. enjoy because the cia and nsa aren't going to be happy until congressional hearings are airing all the hosed up poo poo they know about trump to the rest of us.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

ScrubLeague posted:

I'm watching All The President's Men and let me tell you movies in the 70s sure were weird. Like there were a handful of movies that decade that are all-time greats, but it seemed like Americans were still figuring out how cameras worked.

Yeah, what would Gordon freaking Willis know about cinematography?

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

ScrubLeague posted:

It's a really good newspaper procedural but they tried to Film School it up in ways that were super unnecessary. Spotlight was really great too and they didn't try to art nouveau the camera at every opportunity.

You don't know what art noueau means.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Um, that's exactly the thing: it's a movie where they are on phone calls, taking notes, in meetings with editors, and interviewing people and Willis, at the height of his Godfather powers, makes it visually dynamic because somehow he realizes that he's working in a visual medium.

http://www.criticalcommons.org/Members/pfgonder/clips/all-the-presidents-men-split-diopter-and-camera/view

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

ScrubLeague posted:

Lots of folks in the Trump nite crew super salty about me mildly criticizing a movie I also agreed was great.

Nah, just get belly laughs when somebody offers up some critique like they know what they are talking about and slapdashes some fancy term like art nouveau into it to affect knowledge about the topic. Especially when it's like "Americans, like the guy who lensed Godfather, were just figuring out how cameras work." Go back to whatever it is you do where you know things.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm also extremely mad about movies

I'm not mad, my posts are just really art deco. Or ready-made. Pret a Sidney Poitier.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Your posts are more liek fart deco

brutal(ism)

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Russia is now talking poo poo about how weak Trump is.

quote:

“To force the resignation of the national security adviser for contacts with the Russian ambassador (normal diplomatic practice) is not even paranoia, but something immeasurably worse,” he wrote. “Either Trump has failed to gain his desired independence and is being cornered consistently (and not without success), or Russophobia has infected even the new administration, from top to bottom.”

This is Russia saying "End those sanctions or piss tape, Donny." He's hosed.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Jose posted:

can trump EO the sanctions or would that require congress?

I think Obama's additional sanctions were in an EO so I would imagine, though I'm not sure, that Trump could EO them away but there's no way that is happening at this point. Republicans have been pretty firm about keeping the sanctions and with this Flynn stuff it's just too toxic for Trump to touch.

But, you never know with that insane gently caress. Either way, this is Donny and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad 24 Days.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Is that the guy who said he was going to delete his channel as some dumb publicity stunt? And now he's probably going to delete his channel because he's a dumb public runt.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Abel Wingnut posted:

Anna Fifield @annafifield
South Korean news is reporting that Kim Jong Nam, KJU's older brother, has been killed in Malaysia by 2 female agents with a poison needle.

Seoul Team Sex

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Raged posted:

Let's all hope Flynn is enjoying a nice Valentines Day candlelight dinner interrogation with some of intel agencies he has pissed off.

Happy Valentine's Day, Flynn!

docbeard posted:

TRUMP: GIVE ME MY PHONE

BANNON: No.

TRUMP: GODDAMMIT I AM THE PRESIDENT I WANT MY PHONE

BANNON: No you aren't and also no.

lol

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Lol, anchor on CNN just asked a republican (don't remember then name) why Ryan and McConnell and other GOP leadership haven't said anything and he said "It's Valentine's Day, maybe they are having breakfast with their wives."

e: Rep. Chris Collins

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Abel Wingnut posted:

here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

On Tuesday morning, Mr. Flynn wrote on Twitter: “While I accept full responsibility for my actions, I feel it is unfair that I have been made the sole scapegoat for what happened. But if a scapegoat is what’s needed for this Administration to continue to take this great nation forward, I am proud to do my duty.”

Pretty sure that isn't a real account.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

No checkmark. I'm skeptical.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I mean, it all sounds very official and I would love nothing more than for him to snitch hard, but I've been hurt before.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

FAKE NEWS. REINSTATE FLYNN. CARPETBOMB CHICAGO

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

She did not sleep last night.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot
That's the second interview in the past few days where she gets cornered and says, with no love in her voice, "I'm just telling you what the President said." She's done. She can't even defend this poo poo anymore with conviction.

Webbeh posted:

This just fuels the fire of "FAKE NEWS" for everything.

Yeah, honestly, it's understandable that we fall for that but NYT should probably fire whoever didn't vet that Twitter.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

RUM HAM posted:

goddamn she doesn't care anymore. how long until she checks out?

Yeah, isn't it amazing how she doesn't even seem to be trying to sound like she's believing the bullshit Trump and Bannon are having her say? Her and Spicer might jump ship soon. If Chaffetz acts like a human being and talks investigating this crap, then rats will leave the ship with the quickness.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Zikan posted:

found a little wrinkle with your scenario

It will be interesting to see. Republicans have been party before all else for a long time now and Trump seems absolutely determined to see if there is any limit to that.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Vladimir Putin posted:

How is it remotely pissible that Flynn acted alone and without approval from Trump? Does anybody believe that he decided to call up the Russian ambassador and discuss the sanctions without Trump's approval? So Flynn was cutting side deals with the Russian government by himself?

The only plausibility is that Trump is dumb and doesn't know what's going on at any given moment and has no real part in these plans.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

comingafteryouall posted:

this defense straight up worked for Reagan during Iran Contra so...

He probably legit had no idea what was going on. Which is a huge problem and is why we shouldn't elect senile people.

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Trump was older than Reagan when he got elected

Let that sink in

Presidents should have to be independently verified as not having alzheimer's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

DrPossum posted:

what do we get today?

a) new immigration bullshit complete with protests
b) something involving the word emoluments
c) piss tape
d) extraordinarily spineless action by congress
e) goresuch calling out trump and having his nomination withdrawn

post your prediction now for big prizes!

Somebody filling in for Spicey because he's out "sick."

• Locked thread