Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

Mods avatar please

make this the ban message for everyone who didn't repudiate trump in the toxx thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

"Clinton’s advisers have explained to the stunned candidate that she lost the race of her life in large part due to Comey’s October Surprise — they said their plan of winning college-educated white voters and turning out record levels of Latinos was working until Republican-leaning supporters shifted back to Trump in the wake of Comey’s bombshell letter, 11 days before the election, and the necessary enthusiasm among Latinos and African-Americans could not hold. By the time he released his clearance letter on the Sunday before the election, it was too late to re-energize voters."

lmao, do everything you can to dodge consequences and responsibility

go away for ever, clintonites

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

eh there's reporting that the Trump camp saw it the same way

this is a late-rear end reply for the pace of this subforum but gently caress it :justpost:

trump camp wasnt' the one who completely ignored what should have been a core component of the democratic base during the campaign

or hell for the last decade or more

this campaign wasn't lost with one event, even a goddamn letter from the FBI chief

it was lost because apparently bill clinton (and maybe obama?) are the only two people in the upper DNC who wanna burn shoe leather to save a working class voter's job

and bill was told to sit down and shut up

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

she needed like 100k votes

plenty of things that she did do or didn't do that cost her that margin

comey letter seems to be one of them

and no comey letter + clinton victory and we're having a much different conversation today

she lost 10m votes from obama 2008, and what? something like 6m from obama 2012

those votes didn't go away because of a goddamn letter

"Comey letter" is an pathetic excuse to ignore significant tactical and strategic errors in the campaign, and the DNC's operation at large

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

Blaming the Comey thing is like when a football team loses to a much less talented team by a touchdown, and people blame the player who got hit and fumbled on the last play instead of the entire shitshow of a game played by the entire team

yeah, basically

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

trevor to trump's administration: please jesus god oh gently caress don't revoke my visa god please oh please I'll say anything daddy

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

mannerup posted:

white house press secretary is one position i am dying to know who is selected

gotta be hope hicks, she's the one person from the original campaign staff that has managed to navigate the entire shitshow unscathed

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

iospace posted:

Watching the GOP going "... gently caress. This is... how DO WE CHANGE THIS?" in regards to the ACA is making me happy though.

pretty sure a few of them have already figured out the solution to their immediate problem:

jan 20th they're going to pass a timebomb bill that kills it in 2 years with the plan to work out a replacement in the mean time

if it looks like they'll keep control of congress in 2020 2018 they'll pass the replacement law, who knows what that looks like between some of them wanting to go full granny murder, some wanting hsa+block grants, while others will smell that sweet lobbyist money and try to keep the mandate

if it looks like they'll lose control of congress they'll just let it die and leave democrats holding the (empty) bag

e: fix a date

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

let's calexit

then let's calistablish our own calicurrency

then let's caligotiate for water rights so we don't die of calidehydration

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

some weirdly specific choices here

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

this twee bullshit is infuriating

an even more cowardly self-defense mechanism than simple denial

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

iSimian posted:

A...Califate?

:discourse:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Astroclassicist posted:

https://twitter.com/joshrogin/status/797805792757948416

Just the best kleptocracy, so good, so luxurious.

he's technically correct (as we know this is the best kind of correct) but it's, uh, not very promising that he jumps at the chance to point this out

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

newt gingrich: wow this administration could easily wind up tried at the hague

TRUMP: hey buddy wanna get in on this cabinet stuff

newt: haha thanks but I'm gonna go "do me" for a minute

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

mannerup posted:

lol like that would matter

ASPA and we aren't a participant of the icc

this administration will be one of historic firsts, do not forget

for example: we have already elected our first illiterate president

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

I am having serious difficulty accepting this world where objective verifiable truth no longer matters. I'm basically having a panic attack over it with pounding heart and left eyelid twitching.

He can just lie and if called on it he can just keep telling the same lie. No one can stop him and a lot of people will believe him.

I mean spin is one thing. Massaging the data. But voiding facts?

What if bad things start to happen to journalists? What if no one cares. Would they even hear about it? Half of people don't believe in media in the first place.

How can I find common ground with someone who doesn't accept the very concept of verifiable fact? :psyduck: They are, for all intents and purposes living in a different reality.

an important thing to remember is that we only recently rounded the corner on this, but we had been heading towards it for a long time

the narrative-based paradigm of reality was something that had been bearing down on us ever since fox news realized they could lie on air: as long as it was in service to people on the republican team, or the republican brand as a whole; then it was okay to lie, they were allowed to do that

unfortunately while they were learning to make swords out of their lies, and to sharpen them, we were busy playing with ourselves over the idea of a world so tolerant you could tell someone your gender was "urinal ghost" and they would nod respectfully

you've been living in this world for years, it's time to learn to adapt to it

tell a few lies tomorrow

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Relevant Tangent posted:

You don't even have to tell lies, but your truths have to be more entertaining. Trump's tiny hands are still hilarious.

yeah this is also true

I mean, does trump probably seriously absolutely want to do sex with his daughter? I mean, we could look at it objectively like a nerdlinger, or we could look at it like a narrativist and say:

hell yes he wants to gently caress him daughter, look at that bird statue they got a picture next to

that is FUCKZONE

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the gorilla mindset

I wonder if cernovich knows that gorrilas have tiny little balls and dicks

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

But seriously though, what happens when Trump publicly threatens to fight some foreign leader forever on something, and then quietly capitulates later, like he just did with Trump U, like he has always done? I don't know where to look for previous examples of that.

nothing will happen over any spat with any foreign leader because trump will be in the honeymoon phase for his active/overt supporters, and the protest voters who voted for him won't give a poo poo as long as their personal life doesn't get worse, and even after that honeymoon phase ends no one will care if their individual existence isn't altered

as soon as things start getting worse for the working class and rural americans their tune will start to change, and god help trump if he fucks up the economy enough to drop the value of houses to the point that all the professionals in suburbia start to feel it

he'll always have hardcore and unbreakable supporters, but 2006/2008 were real bad years for republicans and even the high-octane reality distortion of modern fakenews won't be able to compete

it doesn't matter how much you tell someone things are good overall, if their situation is getting worse

that's why hillary lost

that's why the gop will lose

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

doesnt make sense, no one has had a good time having sex with a goon

i don't think anyone's had a good tiem having sex with mike pence either so maybe it will balance out like multiplying two negative numbers

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

skylined! posted:

I have good news, friends. Trump will not be the end to our nation, western civilization or the world.

Global warming will be!

https://twitter.com/billmckibben/status/799783145356886016

can someone interpret this plz

looking forward to the trump admin being in charge while the world figures out how to use the new arctic shipping routes that will open in the next four years

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

change my name posted:

"Those are our routes, we opened them up" :sniff:

unfortunately for trump he is on the record as saying global warming was a chinese invention so he'll have an uphill battle proving they don't have first rights

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Whoa whoa wait that new Hamilton tweet just got deleted?

it served its purpose by cutting off discussion about the trump u settlement

but it isn't becoming to have the future potus having a baby idiot tantrum in public so it had to go

now watch him bring it up on fox news again lmao

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

but i legit think, if it doesn't get put back up with a correction of a typo, that's the first tweet that was ever deleted because of content?

~pivot~

remember when he whined in 2012 about wanting a revolution because it the election was called for obama while romney still had a popular vote lead (cuz cali et al hadn't been counted yet)

them tweets gone, son

(not all of them, just the ones specifically mentioning the words "revolution" and "electoral college" lmao)

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

What's probably important to focus on: Donald Trump (President Elect of the United States of America) settled a fraud lawsuit against him for $25mil
What's probably not important to focus on: Donald Trump tweeting about a bougie Broadway musical.

what we should do: make fun of donald trump for settling a fraud lawsuit for $25mil AND having a temper tantrum about people not being nice to the guy who does all his work for him

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

GrimGypsy posted:

Let's play a fun game

what will be the "WORST" thing to happen w/ Trump? Even in the nothing-matters, post-fact world, there will be at least one or two things in 4 years that stick.

i.e. invades Iran on sloppy pretense, directly causes an economic crash, blurts out an ethnic slur on a hot mic, etc.

ugly meltdown at white house correspondents dinner when no one laughs at his vindictive jokes

ditches his press pool so many times they stop following him, then he goes on twitter and threatens to have them killed if they don't start chasing after him again

accidentally calls the pope "doctor fuckboy" on live television

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Yinlock posted:

this would turn me around on him tbh

but you hae to admit it would be pretty bad if everyone started liking trump because of it

that's why it's one of the worst things he could do

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, don't you have to actualy give that poo poo up at least openly when you become president.

not at all

there's no law against it, only for lower offices of government, the presidency is not included

he can literally use the highest levels of secrecy to enrich himself and it is not against the law

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

in exchange for becoming one of the many people who will have their already lovely legacies further tarnished and crapped on by associating with a trump presidency, I, sean hannity, received nothing in exchange

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

tiffany trump's punishment for being the least garbage member of her family is to not have to deal with the rest of her family

if only I could be so lucky

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I, like her father, often forget she even exists. What does she do? Does she have a company, is she married to anyone of note? If she's found some fuckin life hack to coast by taking her family wealth without ever getting involved in their madness can we make her the fuckin president instead?

she was trump's kid with marla maples so she probably has some kind of payment deal that was negotiated in the divorce, but details of that aren't public record so who knows

i mean she's still technically in a dogshit position because she's trump's kid, so like if trump becomes god-emperor she's his hated child, not good

if trump becomes a historical laughing stock and self-exiles himself to russia in shame, she's still, like, trump's kid which is not good

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Neil Degrasse Tyson is a very good ambassador for science but maybe just maybe scientists don't understand civics as much as they think they do.

first signs of early-onset michio kaku disease

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

house republicans cant wait to get started on Trump's populist agenda for the working class!!

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/house-republicans-donald-trump-231636

it will be really lovely for a lot of people to get a much-needed lifeline of extra money on dec 1st only to have it taken away again jan 20th (or feb 1, or whatever)

but it will also be a VERY good test for how the typical american will react to all the poo poo repubs are going to try to diarrhea out all over the place

I hope americans react with anger, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq7Vm4wM2p4

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Ruzihm posted:

masks are probably to prevent doxxing i guess. dunno why the alt right doesnt do it

most of the dudes on the alt-right are the ones who do is so why should they be afraid

also

most of them are surrounded by a huge buffer of like-minded individuals that will come to their defense (a "safe zone" if you will)

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Maybe those idiots will get the message.

trump could beat anderson cooper to death on national television live and unedited and CNN wouldn't even acknowledge it the next day

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

logikv9 posted:

i also just realized that trump's tactic of "cover up what i just said with something even worse, and repeat" will now probably involve the american military invading somewhere to hide the fact that his hotels are being funded by the KGB or something

personally I'm looking forward to trump trying to start a military action in a region with the specific intent of lowering property values

deal from strength or get crushed every time

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

logikv9 posted:

it's going to be the iraq war all over again, but instead all the journalists covering it will be housed in a trump hotel

a perfect circle of grift, with neither an end nor a beginning

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Trump Picks Staunch Opponents of Net Neutrality to Oversee FCC

say hello to your tiered internet experience folks

this this something people might actually flip poo poo over?

internet basic: access to breitbart, trumpnews, conservative facebook, curated twitter feed (conservative-verified users only)

internet full: access to breitbart, trumpnews, conservative facebook, curated twitter feed (conservative-verified users only), foxnews, weather.com

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

triple sulk posted:

in a hosed up kind of way, isn't this outcome kind of better because trump winning is fresh in everyone's minds and now these idiots try to immediately spout poo poo like fascism and kill the jews and end up getting dunked on by everyone else for being pieces of poo poo, all while donald melts the gently caress down on twitter

if hillary had won all of this poo poo would still be occurring but probably under the radar and we might have eventually ended up with that trump 2.0 we all kinda feared, but now this poo poo might (i'm having too much hope for humanity right now) get stamped out right away once people realize "hey the orange fascist actually inspired neo nazis"

this poo poo is all loving terrible but i'm trying to be an optimist and hope that these assholes get crushed, and quick

welcome... to accelerationism!!!

speed_racer.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

What would even be a sentient AI's motivation to wipe out humanity be? Humans generally trends towards productiveness and innovation.

we're short-sighted and aggressive also, we do make a lot of cool poo poo but we also make a lot of poo poo that can be used to turn a village into big puddle of blood stew

also we grow hair

let me tell you, AI computer people are gonna loving HATE hair

• Locked thread