Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
So what's the best tracker website map thing for obsessing over real-time exit information?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

So what's the best tracker website map thing for obsessing over real-time exit information?

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Oil of Paris posted:

i dont think we will have good numbers for awhile.... but maybe im wrong??
yeah but that wasn't the question

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

TwoStepBoog posted:

it would go very very badly for every network that reported on it if it turned out to be horseshit.
networks report on horseshit made up scandals almost constantly and without consequence

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

trump lawyer getting owned

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

I don't watch any TV news normally, what the gently caress CATHEDER commercials? How old is TV news' audience??

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

NYT has Texas at 1.2 million votes each for R/D with 1% reporting

Texas: A land of 240 million people

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Wouldn't Clinton have won if not for the voter ID laws and various voter suppression campaigns this year?

Scalia hosed us all over from the grave

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Guy DeBorgore posted:

o thanks

i'm not looking forward to this phase where we say it's the fault of Hillary or the DNC or millenials or the media or white people

it's the fault of DJT and the people who voted for him and we can talk about how they're overwhelmingly white without dragging the other 40% of white people into it
Let's not forget multiple coordinated voter suppression campaigns across the country, the systematic disenfranchisement of minorities via hyperincarceration, FBI interference in the election, and a successful Russian intelligence operation through email hacks and wikileaks.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

So does Clinton winning more votes for president than Trump in the 2016 election not even warrant a footnote or mention on any election site or discussion today?

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Truga posted:

No, because she lost to an orange fascist.
It's really bizarre to hear constant breathlessness in the news about the power of the Trump base, then look at the results, and Hillary is +200k votes.

Trump supporters didn't decide this election, the electoral college did.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

MadJackal posted:

Yeah sure, she gets a place right next to Gore in the "poo poo no one cares about" paragraph of this decade.
right next to voter suppression, poo poo that decides our elections but we can't mention because it's not important

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

yeah but the president is just one dude in a popularity contest

it's the rest of the ticket that matters
it's not even a popularity contest - more people voted for hillary than trump last night.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Be happy that you at least have a democracy Americans, don't take it for granted.
Hillary Clinton literally received more people's votes last night than Trump.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Harald posted:

like I've read my Plato so I know democracy is hosed but I wasn't sure I'd live to see it in action
You didn't, Trump received like 200k fewer votes than Clinton. This election was a lot of things, but "democracy in action" wasn't one of them.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

LastInLine posted:

And it turns out there is a system in place that allows for the balancing of power between population centers and rural areas because that is historically the divide that causes internal strife, with disconnected and disinterested effete rulers in the city lord over the common folk in the hinterlands.

Turns out one party was aware of that in this election.
Oh no poo poo??? Just don't call it a loving democracy

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

LastInLine posted:

It's a representative democracy. That's what it is and that's its name. Perhaps you'd be interested in something like a direct democracy?

The fact is that the country wouldn't exist at all without having had this system baked into it from the beginning.
I know you mean well, but no the electoral college in its current role in the election mechanic is not a loving artifact of representative democracy, and it never was, not even early in US history.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah seriously holy poo poo. What does it mean for the future of electioneering that that was all pointless?
Nobody knows that it was all pointless. Without the GOTV, organization, ground game, etc., Hillary might have lost by a lot more.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

wanna provide some evidence? no? okay. :)
they don't need evidence, they just need to create a perception that it's happening, then they'll ram through voter-suppression campaigns at federal and state levels, creating a permanent electoral majority. there is literally nothing stopping them from doing this now.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Pon de Bundy posted:

the moment clinton lost is right.......HERE

the curly haired nerd in glasses is what i imagine most hillary male supporters to look like
somebody here pointed out long ago that she always kept her eyes wide open while smiling

thats what sunk her (other than the electoral college slave-states compromise and the FBI interfering with the election)

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

cams posted:

gop gonna dismantle social security and get away with it cause trump is entertaining gg america
the libs spent all the ss money on food stamps, now the adults have to make some tough decisions and tighten the belt. Thanks obama

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/807437567306108928

Keith backing this means the DNC is going to be firmly anti-Russia going forward probs :getin:
I got an alert for this on my phone and had to spend a solid minute staring at it to make sure it was real

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

how come there have been no new posts in this thread in like two minutes

how come obama

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

is there some reason to believe this guy and the other twitter guy instead of the times

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

twitter is the aol keywords of journalism

it needs to die fast and burn in hell

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Vladimir Putin posted:

If Russia did interfere with the election, wouldn't that be an act of war? If we were a country in a certain region, we'd be taking hostages and car bombing right now.
Maybe if the Russians had lost the election

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Fargo Fukes posted:

Which would be a pretty bad day for those sailors, but on the upside the US would blockade the Chinese coastline with nuclear submarines and sink civilian shipping all day every day until the insurance companies bailed (would take approx six seconds), leaving the entire Chinese mainland with only the food and resources that they could produce within their own borders i.e. Not loving Enough. WW3 will be a day or two of naval combat then fifty years of watching China tear itself to pieces again just like they do every century.
Yes this is totally something that could happen with two nuclear powers and is not just some nonsense dumb scenario

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

zen death robot posted:

That and they hacked the RNC as well as the DNC, but chose not to release RNC hacks to Wikileaks. The question is, did they just sit on that info or did they leak it out to some people on the campaign or ??
Or blackmailed comey or some poo poo

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

orange sky posted:

Ahahahahah oh God cross posting from the stock market thread

https://twitter.com/AmichaiStein1/status/808407221616918528

Make securities fraud great again

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

so has there been any reporting on the LMT insider stock dumping thing? thats serious serious poo poo if true. it's a huge defense corporation's money so it might actually matter

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Philip Rivers posted:

How do you say "one trillion dollarydoos" in Russian??
donald j trump

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Atrocious Joe posted:

I like how we're so far gone the oil exec is bad because he's too close to Russia and not because he's an oil exec
also he's a general and trump's third son

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

Flying over NYC isn't normal training. Flying in circles is tho
even if it was a coup or abnormal training theyd still say it's normal training

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Trump will be president in a few months with a unified GOP Congress and tip the SCOTUS back to conservative hell

just a friendly reminder to ruin your Friday

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Trump will be president in a few months with a unified GOP Congress and tip the SCOTUS back to conservative hell

just a friendly reminder to ruin your Friday

Quoting for top of page

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

FrensaGeran posted:

Hillary has an 80% chance of winning you guys
yeah unless there's some kind of late-election surprise before Monday, this should be in the bag.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

the best part about the left is angry policing of other leftists who aren't deemed leftist enough so must be publicly humiliated

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

the best part about the left is angry policing of other leftists who aren't deemed leftist enough so must be publicly humiliated
the path to power

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

Mariana Horchata posted:

the margins are always razor thin :emo:
excuse me hillary lost because she is a bad candidate you dumb piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003