Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
HEEEERRRRREEEE WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

oh yeah, boosted can post here if he wants.

yuge if true

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

crazy cloud posted:

Shenji nooooo

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Laura Ingraham just opened her segment by predicting a LSU national championship.

She says Trump's winning PA and Nevada. This is a movement! Laura's hearing from a lot of middle aged people who have never voted. True American heroes.

Talking to some friends in PA, there were already lines at 715 am in places that are normally in and out.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alter Ego posted:

Clearly all those people are voting TRUMP

:(

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Spotted, trump poll watcher in PA.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

brand name canned soup posted:

is it illegal to write-in a string of obscenities

nope

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

report that poo poo to the authorities or your local HFA/state Dems field office right god drat now.

Seriously, that's that lawsuit poo poo.

its second hand from a friend, so I can't do anything about it but she was pressuring people to vote trump

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oil of Paris posted:

whats the little bag say? VOTER PROTECTING FRUM?

For some reason the upload was super low quality, but "VOTER PROTECTION TEAM"

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oil of Paris posted:

thx it made me feel like i was going blind lol

we all are from the booze we've been guzzling for the last year

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

misty mountaintop posted:

Lol did it get closed at 140880 pages on purpose.

total coincidence

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

Endless hotwkngs

:same:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Turdfuzz posted:

i fell asleep how are things going

:same:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ugh, my election party doesn't start until 730 or so and I have to drive to get there so no drinking for like an hour and a half :(

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

FIVE MINUTES

my body liver is ready

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jazerus posted:

he is a breakfast sandwich

a hot take i know

i had one this morning, made sure to get the egg white version for maximum reflection of reality.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Corny posted:

ABC has her winning college educated white women by 32 loving POINTS HOLY poo poo

:stare:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

I don't watch any TV news normally, what the gently caress CATHEDER commercials? How old is TV news' audience??

if it's fox news, like 68+

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
SC too early to call?

:wow:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

pro-tip: you can get surplus Soviet firearms like an SKS or an old mosin for way cheaper than an M1. You'll need to clean the poo poo out of them cause they've been sitting in cosmoline for decades, but they'll do you just as well as an M1, but tbh neither the mosin or the M1 are really optimal for any kind of defense.

full disclosure: I don't know how much SKSes cost anymore. They used to be stupid cheap, but I think I remember hearing that they're hard to find now.

Like 5 hundy for a yugo.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

:trumppop:

Wow, I guess it's been a while since I bothered to look up gun prices.

Yeah, it's gotten absurd in the last few years, a hex mosin 91/30 is like 280 now.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

I know several people who literally only care about their right to own guns, mostly for hunting. I tried to explain multiple times that hunting and sporting weapons are not gonna be affected, to no avail

drop the gun control issue, we can try again in a generation or so

make it work for us, not against us

Yeah, this would really help, but it's going to take years until single issue gun voters don't think that dems "are trying to trick them" I don't even know how you demonstrate it to people like that.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Internet posted:

Man these FYGM people are going to be so loving bummed their investments are going to tank because our idiot president provides literally no national financial stability and instills zero investor faith.

Yeah, I tried to explain poo poo like this to my little sister and her boyfriend but they were basically like 'don't care, I don't have a 401k or stocks or a full time job' Younger people who voted for trump have no memory of 2007-~2010 chock full of fun like foreclosures everywhere, RIFs at large companies on an almost monthly basis. It's more of "gently caress You, I don't have anything anyway".

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Venom Snake posted:

Oh god dem HQ's in VA are being attacked

really? on cnn or something?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

thinking about it now, what we need is a liberal alternative to the NRA

There's the SAF, they work mostly on the judicial side though. I don't think there's really a liberal alternative to the NRA except an upstart like this:
http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/talking-points-regarding-regulation/

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KiteAuraan posted:

get mocked viciously by their grandson who told them that the republicans would loving pull that poo poo and not to support them.

p much

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

Serious question: Is there any election post-mortem wherein the people who voted for Trump are in any way, at least marginally responsible for Trump winning?

No because they won't admit it. Other than that news story from Erie, PA earlier where everyone basically said 'poo poo better get better fast or we're holding him responsible'.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

Lol like joe shitkicker from Erie PA who has probably voted for deregulation a dozen times is going to suddenly know who hosed him

Yeah, it's almost like hillary should have gotten behind the disenfranchised lower to middle class in the rust belt with something other than 'it'll be fine, don't worry, here's lady gaga'

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

her lady gaga poo poo seemed like a way to win over millenials or something, which didn't work.

because we want some like, uh, i dunno, we don't want to get hosed under the same system thats been loving us too lol

Pretty much, I'd love to see a breakdown of millennials/people under 35 based on income breakdown and state. I have no idea if these number even could exist anywhere. From what I saw, which is purely anecdotal, younger millennials (18-25/26 or so, first time voting in an incumbent party election) were for trump because they didn't have to live through 2008's recession, and older millennials (28-35) were all for clinton because the loving bed making GBS threads of the economy hosed them when they came into the labor market in the 2006-2010 time frame.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

What exactly did Trump offer the rust belt that was more coherent or specific than "it'll be fine, don't worry"?

Bringing manufacturing jobs back, that's used to be the bedrock of rural PA-OH-MI.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

Shoulda gotten the techies in on Clinton's campaign coulda offered all them old hands 3D printers so they could manufacture again.

This could have worked if there was a more coherent message on the fact that we're a post assembly line worker country, but that doesn't mean we can't manufacture things that are more technology oriented, better then a rest of the world...etc. Hell I think even if she focused on infrastructure more and educating the workforce for new jobs in technology based manufacturing she would have done way better in PA.

Also it's a campaign, promise the moon and the stars to get in, then do what you can to get poo poo done. Who cares if your plans won't ever actually happen. I think that was the big pull or Bernie in the primary and Trump through the whole election. America wants a grand idea, big plans and to at least try something new now.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oh Snapple! posted:

anecdotal but this is mostly my experience from the general. I'm 28 finishing my bachelor's degree, in groups with largely affluent 18-22 millenials, and they're both mostly women and mostly trump-leaning folks. they don't like hillary. they didn't give a gently caress about trump's sexist poo poo. they roll their eyes at stories of minorities not going in to work or stuff like that because they very legitimately think it's silly and that there's no danger. though to be frank, they don't care about much of anything because they're affluent and blatantly don't have to.

EDIT: Oh and the women in particular are not fans of feminism. Even the group lead who aspires for a CEO position. Though that's possibly just her humoring her sorority friends.

Admiral Ray posted:

This about matches my anecdotes of young voters. They don't take it seriously but then again they don't think racism is even a thing, really. They're color-blind.

Same from talking to my college aged sister and mostly her friends, they are all affluent (because they are in college, so of course they are to even go to college without grants/loans) They thing racism is over and everyone can do what they did because mom and dad will write the check every month, sometimes you have to live through stressful poo poo and being the youngest person at a company and first on the chopping block to realize how close you can be to getting axed for nothing more than corporate profits and then be poo poo out of luck in a terrible economy, 2007-2011/12 was stressful as poo poo for me because there were firing every few months.

e:

Slamhound posted:

The only difference between Clinton and Trump in this instance is Lady Gaga.

This is not a helpful metric for future campaigns.

Plinkey posted:

This could have worked if there was a more coherent message on the fact that we're a post assembly line worker country, but that doesn't mean we can't manufacture things that are more technology oriented, better then a rest of the world...etc. Hell I think even if she focused on infrastructure more and educating the workforce for new jobs in technology based manufacturing she would have done way better in PA.

Also it's a campaign, promise the moon and the stars to get in, then do what you can to get poo poo done. Who cares if your plans won't ever actually happen. I think that was the big pull or Bernie in the primary and Trump through the whole election. America wants a grand idea, big plans and to at least try something new now.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 11, 2016

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

Okay, now we have something. So moving along, is this something that is likely to happen and/or be of actual value to the rust belt?

No, any new manufacturing will most likely be in the south because of weaker labor laws.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

Oh yeah, lying during a campaign is, like, the thing to do to get votes. Then you've just gotta be seen trying to fulfill those promises.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

Jesus loving Christ, dude. I specifically started this line of inquiry because of your post:

The only viable response to your concern is one that you specifically understand to be untenable to that concern.

Furthermore:

Given all this, I ask again, what exactly does Trump offer the rust belt that differs from Hillary's "it'll be fine, don't worry"?

If he offers nothing, then why the criticism of Clinton?

Ok, I see where you're coming from, the difference in my mind is that the people of the rural rust belt will get less hosed under Clinton but she didn't make that point, at all. There are safety nets in place at the federal level through the ACA and other programs like that, which she didn't harp on, you even had Bill calling the ACA a mess. Are they still hosed unless there's a change in how the economy works around the great lakes, probably, but to a lesser extent when they are unemployed and no one will sign them up for health care because they have whatever existing conditions. Could manufacturing come back to the areas? Probably but I doubt it in any measurable extent but at least you have someone in the white house that's going to offer up/improve programs for these people specifically, and having the richer america pay for it because they are the beneficiaries of the last 8 years, they've been hosed over for like 10+ years not seeing incomes go up and hearing about how great the economy is. I don't blame any of them for voting trump because he straight up said external factors are the reason they are hurting which is a comforting thing to hear, but I think it's short sighted.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The electoral college? It's the lovely system we have that's a hold over from 100s of years ago.

Or do you mean like by county/legislative district?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Yes. What is the advantage of keeping the EC compared to a simple majority national referendum for POTUS?

None really, except that you get hyper advertising and spending on election in like 15 out of the 50 states, so the rest of the country feels super disenfranchised, why even go to Iowa/ND/SD/MT when it's got less votes the the NYC metro? "Real America" loses out.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Slamhound posted:

Stipulating all of this, how or what exactly could Clinton have done or promised that would be different than what Trump promised? If the ACA needs massive reform, how do you express that in any way that's significantly different than "We're gonna replace it with something great…so great….it's gonna be the greatest thing…you're gonna love it..."

What specific jobs or industry would have returned besides "all of them?"

Basically, I'm going the long way around to asking what I asked earlier:

At a certain point, if you turn over your life savings to the Nigerian Prince-in-Exile, it's on you, not the annoying lady who thinks you should put some money in your savings account.

If you're telling the truth you can't, it's a hosed up system that needs reform but democrats are afraid to do that and upset the status quo. Or you come out like Bernie and pledge a single payer system/medicare for all under a certain income level/tax increase if you're over it or whatever system you can come up with.

Industry would be things like solar plants but they got a really bad wrap over the last 8 years so it was economically unfeasible, promising to build more nuclear power plants to get america off oil hurts your base because they are retarded.

If obama ran on ACA with the foresight that it would raise premiums for most people because of the details he'd never have gotten elected. What I'm saying is you lay out grand plans, then figure out how much you can do, which is exactly what Trump did, but there's a lot of bad poo poo that comes along with Trump from his stump speeches.

e: Obama was good at the 'hard pill to swallow' talk, but the country was in a literal crisis so it's different.

Plinkey fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Nov 11, 2016

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fair point. That does seem the only viable argument (though flawed).

E: Pam Bondi for AG?

Yeah, the EC is a hold over from a states right kind of thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Is the weighting of the EC adjusted and if so how often?

Ever 10 years I think, in line with the census. Right now if you live in NH you have like a 10:1 voting power than someone in CA/DC

• Locked thread