Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Spoondick posted:

china seriously needs to chill out, it was just a phone call... i knew chinese was salty, but drat
No United States President has spoken to a leader of Taiwan since 1978. It's kind of like a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So Trump is saying he will put a 5% tarrif on all imports. What will fallout be if this happens?

An unprecedented blow to global capitalism and a slowdown in production and trade that makes 2017 the best year ever for the environment.

Which is exactly why it will never happen.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

FabioClone posted:

maybe all of Trump's bad policies will cancel each other out and we'll end up with peace on earth and goodwill toward men.

I think there's a small chance that he fucks up global capitalism's ~perfect balance~ in his attempt to enrich his oil and construction industry lackeys

He definitely seems to be setting up Exxon vs. Lockheed which is definitely a "whoever loses, we win" situation.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

fits my needs posted:

What difference does it make if it's based on country of origin if the countries are all majority Muslim lol?

Yeah don't get this poo poo twisted, discriminating against muslims is great and all but discriminating against anyone brown? that's downright tremendous.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Also the immigration ban is nightmarish but the point is not to prevent muslims from coming into this country, it's to begin the process of dehumanizing muslims so that it doesn't seem too strange when America starts putting them in camps.

It's already begun really, I'm sure plenty of us will have holiday meals where our family members casually suggest killing them all. I know I will!

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Joementum posted:

Yeah, this is about what I expected.

lmao sad af

reminds me that young people in america loving hate trump cause on top of everything else, he's such a clueless square. having kings of leon or whoever play would legit go a long way toward normalizing him for the younger generation but trump can't manage that because hes a loving artless dork

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

redneck nazgul posted:

the only approval he's trying to win is nyc's

who will never accept him ever

i'm legit scared of how badly he's going to take it because there's gonna be nonstop protests and action going on around Trump Tower. It will escalate significantly after they start really going after Mexicans and Muslims (there are 2.3 million latino and 750,00 muslim residents of nyc ).

He might just decide "gently caress it, if they hate me so much, i'll arrest or kill enough of them until I feel the hate is justified"

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

yeah dude kids go wild for kings of leon

i didnt say kids rear end in a top hat, i said "young people" and kings of leon are the definition of a bog-standard "normal" stadium rock band that every young person in america knows. It's not about going wild, its about how a boring but popular band playing would make a lot of people think "business as usual" because pop culture is all the culture most Americans have.

now, if Trump gets lil peep to play the 17 year olds are gonna go loving crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKalQrHXayI

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Christmas dinner topic for tonight at my household? Denying the holocaust :)

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

crazy cloud posted:

hosed up if untrue

The conclusion was "I guess it happened and kinda sucked, but jews are lovely and annoying and should get loving over it, also anti-semitism is cool because its just saying what everyone is thinking"

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

i'll be honest, i haven't actually watched the thing. should i

are you kidding? YES

just look at his eyes

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

This one is fake (Bee Movie has no such quote) but I am loving lolling hard at right-wing disinformation tactics being used to make Dear Leader look like an enormous retard

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

cams posted:

gently caress, outed myself as having never seen bee movie. never gonna live this one down.

uh the name of that film is "The Bee Movie", thank you very much

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Tir McDohl posted:

I assumed it probably was, but Republicans have quoted Pokemon before so this was eminently believable.

Of course it was. We both know that reality doesn't matter anymore anyways. Tens of thousands of people have seen that tweet and think its absolutely real. Can we really tell them it isn't? The Bee Movie.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

lol like every single conservative I keep around on social media is extremely butthurt and posting memes about how put upon and persecuted they are. They seem to take extreme exception to all the signs left at the Trump DC Hotel especially. These are the same people who said that lead in drinking water is no biggie, same with water you could set on fire coming out of faucets in fracking areas

At the end of the day, all conservatives really want is for liberals to love them and admit they were right about everything. They just elected their Dream President. He's going to gently caress the poor and the environment just like they've always wanted. Yet here they are, sad and whining because grandma went out into the street and asked you not to grab her pussy.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Can you imagine how lovely that blanket federal hiring freeze is for anyone in the government?

Sorry to hear that your partner quit Mr. Park Ranger, I guess you'll just have to do double the work this year! Hope the forest doesn't burn down!

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

no, we hope it does. if the forests burn down, then why have national parks preserving them?

Exactly. He's going to break the bureaucracy so badly that nobody, right or left, can possibly argue for its existence. Not limited government - no government.

I would say that the liberal states will become bastions of hope, but Trump will absolutely make it illegal for states to enforce any regulations.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Cool we'll finally have definitive proof that libertarians are monumental idiots and that their "no government" argument doesn't work in practice.

I think they'll be as likely to admit that fact as the city government of Beijing is to clean up the air quality. They'll just strap on another air filter, add some iodide to their water, and thank god for another day in glorious Libertopia.

We either beat them now or we join their lovely fate. There's no waiting to say "I told you so!"

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

If any of you LOL THE MARCH WUZ DUMB shitlords aren't just trolling and actually believe what you're spewing, get your rear end out into the streets during the next march and organize these people to support your Anime Communism spinoff party. You're never going to find a better audience.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

i dont think anyone is saying its dumb

well, except known garbage-tier nitwits like the saurus

Still applies. If you think the march was on the right track but lacks the necessary edge, you have even more motivation to get out there and start sharpening.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Serf posted:

the republicans are trolling so hard and owning us all right now, just an fyi
This is the opposite of trolling. Scaring and infuriating us with their idiocy is actively motivating us to resist.

"Trolling" would suddenly be acting all nice, professional, and conciliatory on the surface. I was legit afraid of that pivot and it hasn't happened yet.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

If there's one thing I've learned from living in the suburbs, it's that white suburban middle to upper-middle class democrats are the worst. They stick an = bumper sticker on their car and are pro-choice, but as soon as you suggest something that might moderately inconvenience them to help a poor person, the knives come out. It amazes me that they are part of the same coalition as poor inner city minorities.

To me, this is not "the worst." It is bad. But it is not "the worst".

To me, "the worst" is a person who actively pursues the oppression of minorities. To me, active hatred is worse than self-serving hypocrisy, which is something we're all guilty of. Maybe the hypocrite can be shown the light. The hater seems like a lost cause.

That's just me though.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Mnoba posted:

the fact clinton and john kerry are ok and tillerson isn't is hilarious and hopefully the poor guy doesn't stroke out trying to unfuck the last 8 years

Tillerson is Putin's buttboy and hes going to spread america's cheeks so wide that even average joe shitlords like you get hosed up the rear end

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Nichael posted:

I'm glad that the bar for being a good politician in this nation has lowered so much that it's basically just "don't be a literal Russian spy".

Oh and don't forget that Tillerson would slit your momma's throat if it made one shiny nickel for Exxon.

Every single foreign policy move the US makes from now on will be to enrich Tillerson and his petro-oligarch cronies. Hope you're invested in Russian oil, because if not, you're hosed!

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

its very pathetic that the only dem leadership to march in DC were Kerry and his dog. gently caress this dead gay party.

How many people do you think Kerry has killed? I think it's important to remember that John Kerry has personally taken human life. Of course a few of them were shot in the back while running away, but they still count.

quote:

According to Kerry and the two crewmen who accompanied him that night, Patrick Runyon and William Zaladonis, they surprised a group of Vietnamese men unloading sampans at a river crossing, who began running and failed to obey an order to stop. As the men fled, Kerry and his crew opened fire on the sampans and destroyed them, then rapidly left. During this encounter, Kerry received a shrapnel wound in the left arm above the elbow. It was for this injury that Kerry received his first Purple Heart Medal.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Quorum posted:

at least he killed them personally, a relatively clean and honest way to die

tillerson is indirectly responsible for the murder of the planet and its inhabitants, and yet his hands have never not been manicured

Don't get me wrong here, I just think it's cool to remember that Milquetoast Polite Liberal John Kerry has tasted blood. Makes the narrative a little more interesting. :)

Tillerson would sell his own son into white slavery if it made him more oil cash. This guy is pure loving evil and he'll do everything he can to make sure America does no good for anyone except his oil company friends.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

logikv9 posted:

when does child labor make its comeback

A better question would be "where". It'll start in the deportation camps and then move on to the rest of society.

I'm sure you've all been wondering how Trump is going to replace all those low-wage undocumented workers. You know he can't just let his business cronies fail. The answer is slave labor.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Nichael posted:

I didn't read all of this yet, and frankly I'm not sure if I want to read it (as it's pretty depressing) but here's an article about how our capitalist overlords are prepping their Vault Tech vaults.
I'm gonna go all masque of the red death up in this bitch

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

logikv9 posted:

i was going to say to make sure that the prized "made in california" label is on all your food but then i realized there are no regulatory or legal bodies to prevent anybody from putting that on their lovely unsafe foods

Trump will make it illegal for any state to enforce regulations beyond the federal ones (which are nonexistent), so California won't be any kind of refuge anyway.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Yinlock posted:

can he actually do this though
Absolutely. And if you post some whinging bullshit statue that says he can't, I'll point you to the exact same statues that say he can't appoint his loving children to run his businesses.

change my name posted:

hey I wonder why all the "Hillary and Trump are basically the same anyways, who cares" people have stopped posting
Same with the "this is just Bush 2!" crowd. They're probably offline enjoying a nice delicious glass of tap water. Drink up friends :)

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

trump is the kind of guy you hire when you want to run your business into the ground in a nefarious scheme to make a profit off the loss.

I mean, that's exactly what the republicans did?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Nichael posted:

Why do these people exist? How do they exist? It's just politics of spite.

It's really easy: attention.

Didn't you know that kid in elementary school who would act like a total irritating piece of poo poo, and everybody hated him, and he didn't care because at least they were paying attention? Negative and positive, it's all the same to these people. Milo would be just another twink among thousands if he wasn't such an obnoxious troll.

He's become infamous as a result but one day hes going to get his smarmy face Spencered. And nobody will cry.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Back? It's never going away. This is going to be a core issue until Trumpism is eliminated.

He knows this is a false claim. This is not Trump expressing a grievance. This is a tactic. This is Trump saying "I am going to take away the voting rights of millions of Americans"

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Duscat posted:

this is loving nuts

he's literally insane

everybody at that meeting knows this isn't true

Huh? They absolutely know its true. They fully plan on denying millions of people the right to vote in 2018, how could they do that if this weren't true? We all know it's true. Of course it's true.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Office Pig posted:

This is something everyone needs to come to terms with right now. The midterms mean nothing, the Democratic Party means nothing. What is planned here are changes that go far beyond anything our civil politics are capable of ameliorating. Pure, concentrated destruction.

I don't post this thought much because it feels like dramatization even though it's 100% accurate. All of us have 3 possible outcomes when it comes to political participation in America going forward

1. Dead
2. Jail
3. We stop resisting

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Hodgepodge posted:

Nah, plenty of us will collaborate. Many of whom argued that there was no difference between Hillary and Trump. At least some who voted for Hillary.

That definitely falls under Option 3, "we stop resisting."

Some folks will collaborate, others will just do the Israeli thing and start living with "a small head". Can't say I blame any of them, especially the ones with kids.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Threads getting a bit bleak
Don't feel like that's coming from me! Unlike Lastgirl (altho trust me, I get it) my response to all of this isn't LOL NOTHING MATTERS, it's the total opposite. It felt like nothing mattered before 11/9, life was just a digital haze. Now it is blindingly obvious that poo poo does, in fact, matter.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

pretty sure the response isn't "nothing matters" so much as "what are you going to do about it"

or maybe I'm projecting

well right now i'm going to finish this biography of nelson mandela, because his rear end was once rotting in black person jail and then he became freaking president

i'm in a way better position. i'm not even IN jail. imagine what I can do??

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Duscat posted:

pestilence is coming back with a vengeance once all the regulations against dosing farm animals with antibiotics are rolled back

Want to play a fun game?

Imagine how the US under Trump would have dealt with the 2015 Ebola Outbreak :)

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

I had some responses to this but all of them made me sadder than I wanted to be for a comedy shitpost :smith:

serious post my mang, go to a meeting. ur whole life will change and it might not even have anything to do with politics.

americans (me) forgot something about community and this krazy fukken election has brought it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Off-topic: Lil B will be president in 2020 and he WILL take Trump's bitch

• Locked thread