Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Just got back from the last day canvassing in Ohio after casting my vote for HILLDAWG 2016 in the KY.

Not a lot of long lines in Cincinnati, so is that good, is that bad, I don't know. But my crew of two knocked on over 120 doors and we had an insane response rate, at least 60, all of them giddily happy that they had voted Hillary.

A nice gentleman even offered me a swig of his malt to celebrate, I had to decline as it is against department policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

someone post this at him on the twitter later, i'm drivin to owensboro toniggghte

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Where were you canvassing at? I saw 3 teams in carthage/ Hartwell on my way home and it blew my mind.

I know jack poo poo about Cincy geography but on Colerain and Beekman, past West Fork and all around where North Bend intersects with colerain if that helps

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Kentucky's house is red, the state just lost all future.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Contacted my Canadian friend. She's offered to marry me. Don't know if it's worth staying here to fix this

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Please stop blaming democrats for this. It's a hard party to corral because it's full of beautiful ideas and differences while republicans need only a simple I hate blacks too

We need to hold republicans accountable for the hell they've inflicted.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Kentucky as a state is in terrible shape. New industry is not going to get going, our public school system is about to get gutted. I'm seriously considering a move back to California and not going for home ownership. It's just way too loving red here.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
More kentucky thoughts, we have a few states to look at as examples for what's about to happen here. Wisconsin and Florida aren't mega hosed because they had cool and good industries. Kansas was mega hosed because they really didn't. My rating for kentucky is going to be ultra hosed because ford is one of Louisville's biggest employers and trump will actively work against them.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jerry brown could run, he revolutionized California, but dems will see him as a shill probably.

Lin - manuel Miranda is probably the best choice

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Bttf predicted: cubs win the series, biff Tannenbaum is president, has anyone seen barron trump point at his dick on a steam train yet?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wall street journal has an article out about the house GOP tax plan: surprise! It raises taxes on the middle class:

https://twitter.com/RichardRubinDC/status/796317892669272065

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Fuckin lol that republicans voted for eliminating the personal exemption,effectively raising everyone's taxes

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm voting for Trump because he'll cut my taxes!

*AGI gets increased 6000 dollars*

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Like republicans routinely gently caress their voters hard but I'm impressed with how loving fast the story came out that says yo eat poo poo pepe who voted for us

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hahahahahaaha Myron loving Ebell is going to be the head of the EPA

quote:

Rising sea levels, if they happen, would be bad for a lot of people. But a warming trend would be good for other people. More people die from blizzards and cold spells than from heat waves.

This is the HEAD of the E P loving A

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/796434831064367110

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Peel posted:

late but realtalk for your peace of mind, the only policy-determined existential threat (and it was seriously marginal) for the next four years was confrontation with russia spiralling out of control due to some grave mutual misreading. trump is arguably less dangerous for that very specific, very marginal concern.

but in the longer term the slim chance of winning the fight against global warming has now vanished so you're going to see some poo poo in the mid-late century

the problem is we may have had to deal with Russia at some point, which we could have done with diplomacy, sanctions, and military strategy as a last resort.

Trump is going to neville chamberlain the gently caress out of Russia's advancements and then woopsie doodle, we'll be at that same point where we have to deal with Russia anyway and it's going to be about 10 times as hard. Russia doesn't want to work with us because they wanna be our buddies.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
So how are you going to celebrate OBAMACARE FREEDOM DAY??

I'm gonna get some fuckin tetanus and then figure it shouldn't be that bad because I don't have the money for an ER trup and wake up paralysed.

It's just a little tradition in my family.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

It probably going to be a national insurance market lol

and fuckin delaware will magically house all of the health insurance companies.

Man I can't fuckin wait to spend 26,000 dollars to get my broken leg put in a cast.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Yoshifan823 posted:

I went to McDonalds with my dad to grab a quick bite because I got a movie time wrong and we had a half-hour to kill, so we just sat in McDonalds and ate and talked. While we were there, there was a lady talking really loudly to someone else about something that I didn't give a poo poo about. When it came time for that lady to leave, she announced very loudly that fast food workers don't deserve $15 an hour and benefits to everyone in the restaurant.

Trump's America.

dude, that's the perfect time to stand up and pull the "hey i dont go down to where you work and slap the dick out of your mouth" line

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/796236968329936897

Trump's America.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Was thinking of starting a small business next year but it would be the sort of thing that requires me to quit my job because it'll be a 90 hour a week type thing to get it going. Figured I can afford an expensive obamacare plan for little while. Now, no fuckin way. I can't afford to quit my job based on healthcare benefits alone.

My poor deluded buddy last night was like "We'll get Singapore's system it won't be that bad!" Lol if he thinks there's going to be any system other than "Here's 5000 dollars try not to ever need more than that"

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why does Trump look like someone told him his dog just died? :stare:

He looked like that all night. Reason? The Russian blackmail is real.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/jgordon1987/status/796462938601222146

White people gonna need some kind of marker to let people know we weren't one of the assholes

but also lol at the underselling of profiling

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
shorked shorked i tells ya

https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/796464942543048704

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
hahahahaha at all the posts itt saying "You know maybe Trump won't be bad for infrastructure"

He's already doing everything the heritage foundation tells him, he's Reagan 2.0 and will not do anything he isn't told to.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
And bigger hahahahas, he's sending us into a massive loving recession and massively cutting taxes for Papa John while raising taxes on you. There will be no money for infrastructure.

He is his party's candidate.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
White woman in our parking lot with a trump sticker on her broken down car getting helped by a friendly black man who stopped with jumper cables.

America.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

theflyingexecutive posted:

He attached the jumper cables to her heart hopefully?

He was out front, the sticker was on the back, I was thinking of stopping and showing it to him and telling her that in Trump's America she's on her loving own, but my heart is not completely empty yet.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah the only thing to look forward to now is how Republicans explain exploding HC costs and a zillion people dropping coverage aren't their fault immediately afterwards. Sooooooooo hosed.

drat Obamacare! (Seriously this is what they will say)

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
The only problem with the truth that "Hey democrats will win again someday" is that every time republicans come into power they cause about 24 years worth of damage. We were actually doing really drat well at cleaning up most of Bush's mess (still got a lot of Reagan poo poo of course) and we could have gotten back to start if we had 4 more years. Who knows how much damage Trump and the shitheads are going to cause.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Maggie Hassan winning means all the GOP senators who lost are the ones who decided not to support Trump (save for Portman)

The GOP now fully owns the brand of national fascism.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
One good thing is this means gently caress it I can probably run for president in 2020.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
re, rural voters chat.

im from the old dead steel cities in the northern panhandle of west virgnia. together, weirton and steubenville ohio probably had about 50,000 people working there in the 1950s. There was also a huge KKK presence of course, blacks were not allowed to live in town, and unions were strong. In 1981, the steel industry collapsed and those places laid off thousands and most of the steel mills died. The reason? Just too much steel in the world, prices got driven down, and there was no profit in it anymore. No regulations, just the market gonna market.

I was born shortly after and was taught from a young age "steel is dead, get out"

Facebook of people living in that area is crowing that Trump is going to bring back the steel mills. They're really that completely deluded. Not only would no one want to invest the hundreds of millions of dollars it would take to rebuild a steel mill, steel production is much more automated than in the 70s, and those 50,000 jobs would probably be 3 to 4,000. Additionally, they've fought for years to destroy unions in Ohio, so the wages would be poo poo even if any of that happened.

They've been completely conned and they're going to need our help, but this whole attitude of "Well let's find something for them to do" isn't helpful. Sometimes cities just die, and that's okay.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Plinkey posted:

Yeah, I tried to explain poo poo like this to my little sister and her boyfriend but they were basically like 'don't care, I don't have a 401k or stocks or a full time job' Younger people who voted for trump have no memory of 2007-~2010 chock full of fun like foreclosures everywhere, RIFs at large companies on an almost monthly basis. It's more of "gently caress You, I don't have anything anyway".

This is my favourite screenshot to send to people, trump's tax plan literally raises taxes on families with more than 2 children (tends to be Christian families) while giving wall street executives big tax breaks.

They fell for his whole schtick so hard, and now the snake gonna git 'em.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

GobiasIndustries posted:

Guys the next president is in this thread, this is way better than a reddit AMA

if you're referring to me, technically yes it's true pathetic little tramp 2020

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
two possible bad outcomes

- dems schism hard over hillary being a bad candidate (very likely bc old guard will think we won pop vote, just keep doing that)

- dems manage to retake house, when world is terrible in 2020, gop gets blame

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
I mean holy gently caress they are literally ending medicare.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

Holy poo poo this is the clumsiest lie, she didn't need to say anything and now she's painting herself into a corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Donald Trump: Only 2 days in and already going back on 60% of his campaign policy:

https://twitter.com/Marketplace/status/796944637642547200

• Locked thread