Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Agrajag posted:

let me know when Trump didn't use building a giant wall, wanting mass deportations, and the banning of all muslims as the cornerstone of his campaign. Let me know when the KKK didn't just see this as a vindication of their movement.

Those were populist appeals to shore up his base from the primaries. He won because he was willing to say that the economy has been lovely for a lot of people and Hillary wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh so the kochs are on board that fast

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
WELL FOLKS IT WAS REAL NICE KNOWING YOU

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/796441333007319040

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, polls failing this year. Think it was MoE? (He got under 1% in WI, with a C+5 coming out of Marquette, so -3 from Clinton and +3 to Trump would be right put it right there), expecting massive turnout this year, Bradley Effect, or bad LV demographics?

Yes, all of the above is acceptable.

(inb4 "non-response")

iospace fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 9, 2016

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Godinster posted:

Silver lining - Donna Brazille is likely to lose her job at the DNC and likely won't have a chance to get hired in a media organization again given the taint of her name. And DWS's career growth is almost certainly over.

Hot take - Both Brazille and DWS will use their golden parachutes to get cushy jobs at think tanks or charities and make millions a year.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

My one hope is we take a serious snap back in 4 years, unemployment will almost certainly start rising under Trump, he is not going to be able to bring back factory jobs to the rustbelt, he isn't going to be able to build the wall.

What we will get is tax cuts on the rich, rising income inequality, 10s of millions of people losing health insurance, the Trump administration is going to be bad for the working class, they are just another group of people conned by Trump.

maybe in four years people will finally realize they are voting against their interests. probably not

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

The DNC have got the message, and will now be a firmly right wing party.

gently caress this is true

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/796439051305762818

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Fiction posted:

Those were populist appeals to shore up his base from the primaries. He won because he was willing to say that the economy has been lovely for a lot of people and Hillary wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96iyQNPzFN0

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

iospace posted:

So, polls failing this year. Think it was MoE? (He got under 1% in WI, with a C+5 coming out of Marquette, so -3 from Clinton and +3 to Trump would be right put it right there), expecting massive turnout this year, Bradley Effect, or bad LV demographics?

Yes, all of the above is acceptable.

(inb4 "non-resopnse")

no loving idea at this point and I'll wait for someone who gets paid to rip it apart to do it. My gut instinct is that we weighted the electorate poorly.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lol bye Clean water act and Clean air act

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blitz7x posted:

Lol bye Clean water act and Clean air act

bye bye

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

euphronius posted:

Will there ever be laughter agai. N

*CHECKS eight ball*

"try again later"

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

I'm probably hyperbolizing but I feel like we're not going to make it to 2020. At some point in the next 4 years it's all going to end.

I'm just being hysterical, right? Please say I'm being hysterical and things will be lovely and not "this is the end of the Hunan race"

late but realtalk for your peace of mind, the only policy-determined existential threat (and it was seriously marginal) for the next four years was confrontation with russia spiralling out of control due to some grave mutual misreading. trump is arguably less dangerous for that very specific, very marginal concern.

but in the longer term the slim chance of winning the fight against global warming has now vanished so you're going to see some poo poo in the mid-late century

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

obviously, keeping it 1600 is shook as gently caress

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Hamelekim posted:

It begins. Republicans are going to go for broke.

I want to get off Mr Bones Wild Ride

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Schnorkles posted:

If Trump is just bog-standard institutional republican and his administration is just a complicated dance between Pence, McConnell, and Ryan then that's really lovely, but probably not existentially threatening.

I think there's realistically the chance that he does his own thing which is mildly terrifying.

Given Donald Trump's ADHD causes him to only repeat what the last person he spoke to said I'd bet on the former.

Either way the White House doctor better be giving him benzos every day.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Schnorkles posted:

no loving idea at this point and I'll wait for someone who gets paid to rip it apart to do it. My gut instinct is that we weighted the electorate poorly.

That's what I'm thinking too.

There's also an interesting tweet thread here:
https://twitter.com/polotek/status/796356980344397825

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Hamelekim posted:

It's the right move to make, tactically. And if the Dems took both houses and the presidency they should've done the same (and were naive not to in 2008).

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Hamelekim posted:

this might honestly be a good thing for America on the long run

right now you need 60% majority to govern, so neither side could actually get it and the process stagnates. Bringing it back to 51% might actually be a good thing even if we'll pay hell of a price for it.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Fiction posted:

hey fathead

saying "it's lovely" doesn't accomplish anything

he has no plan to make it better that works in the real world

jesus CHRIST why is this hard to grasp

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Schnorkles posted:

If Trump is just bog-standard institutional republican and his administration is just a complicated dance between Pence, McConnell, and Ryan then that's really lovely, but probably not existentially threatening.

I think there's realistically the chance that he does his own thing which is mildly terrifying.

I would literally settle for the 1st because while America will get hosed at least they're going to waste time arguing about how it's going to take place. If it's Donny just "being unpredictable" ugh.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Agronox posted:

It's the right move to make, tactically. And if the Dems took both houses and the presidency they should've done the same (and were naive not to in 2008).

yes

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ISIS: America deserves Trump

Me: heck yeah we do; I concur radical islamist militant group guy

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Peel posted:

late but realtalk for your peace of mind, the only policy-determined existential threat (and it was seriously marginal) for the next four years was confrontation with russia spiralling out of control due to some grave mutual misreading. trump is arguably less dangerous for that very specific, very marginal concern.

but in the longer term the slim chance of winning the fight against global warming has now vanished so you're going to see some poo poo in the mid-late century

our kids are basically screwed, yah

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I would literally settle for the 1st because while America will get hosed at least they're going to waste time arguing about how it's going to take place. If it's Donny just "being unpredictable" ugh.

There isn't a good option. We're in for a rough two years at least.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Peel posted:

the problem is we may have had to deal with Russia at some point, which we could have done with diplomacy, sanctions, and military strategy as a last resort.

Trump is going to neville chamberlain the gently caress out of Russia's advancements and then woopsie doodle, we'll be at that same point where we have to deal with Russia anyway and it's going to be about 10 times as hard. Russia doesn't want to work with us because they wanna be our buddies.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mike the TV posted:

Hot take - Both Brazille and DWS will use their golden parachutes to get cushy jobs at think tanks or charities and make millions a year.

Hasn't DWS already done this? I'm p sure after she was ousted she was given some ceremonial position with the Clinton campaign where she made a bunch of money for doing nothing

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

For some reason I haven't seen like Despera, Al! and Tatum Girlparts posting. Does anyone know if they're OK?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Tatsuta Age posted:

hey fathead

um look how wrong you are, he could just declare bankruptcy like with his businesses, because countries and businesses are exactly the same

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Uh lots of non poor whites also voted for trump and not Hillary

There was is a lot of "cultural" stuff going on in white peoples brains that's not tied to their material condition

IMHO

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/796439189134966784

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Tatsuta Age posted:

hey fathead

Hey dickhead, it doesn't matter whether the things they're promising will work or not. People don't know enough about that stuff to know whether it'll work. What they do know is what's hurting them, and pretending it's not hurting them and not even bothering to campaign on that is like a big flashing sign on this election saying "PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS."

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

pathetic little tramp posted:

the problem is we may have had to deal with Russia at some point, which we could have done with diplomacy, sanctions, and military strategy as a last resort.

Trump is going to neville chamberlain the gently caress out of Russia's advancements and then woopsie doodle, we'll be at that same point where we have to deal with Russia anyway and it's going to be about 10 times as hard. Russia doesn't want to work with us because they wanna be our buddies.

it won't be that bad, Ukraine/baltic states might get hosed but Russia honestly isn't interested in physically moving past those

the US led world order etc ummmmm yeah I think you might see Putin's Eurasian vision coming true

John McCain is a sad man indeed

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hamelekim posted:

going straight for the Enabling Act. at least burn down a reichstag before you do this, learn to fascism GOP!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gonna be sad when all those 20 somethings are thrown off insurance.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
can we all agree the dnc is incompetent

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

euphronius posted:

Gonna be sad when all those 20 somethings are thrown off insurance.

rip my insurance.

it was nice while it lasted.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I am shocked by this development.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Schnorkles posted:

also i just want to say that i like basically all of you and think there are a lot of good points itt.

Yeah I like the discourse here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

anime was right posted:

can we all agree the dnc is incompetent

The only time it wasn't is when Obama and his Chicago cronies ran the show

• Locked thread