Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Fart of Presto posted:

Any chance this could be added to the OP?

As long as Steam or their CDN can't fix their poo poo, it's pretty drat good advise to be able to quickly point to.

aba posted:

From several pages back, but it was also bugging me:

How to view Steam linked images via HTTPS connection

0) Skip if you trust me: Look into source of the page to find a link to some image which is not working.
1) Example from the first page: open http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539646410295191903/BDB1BDE3A021DF201C673786E6FDF45ED6C56318/
2) Check that it works.
3) Now change protocol to HTTPS. I.e. https://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/539646410295191903/BDB1BDE3A021DF201C673786E6FDF45ED6C56318/
4) Confirm the security exception as you're a big boy and you know what you're doing.
5) Refresh the first page of this thread to verify that it's working.
6) Reply to this message with your results.

Just did this and it worked immediately, thanks for linking this. It has been a huge pain in the rear end not being able to see this images.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, Mad Max is real pretty and the photo mode is really awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

These pictures make me want to try it even though everyone says it is a completely by the numbers open world game.

I can't dispute that it doesn't really do anything particularly innovative, but it has fantastic atmosphere and it's very easy to just while away a few hours zooming about the desert, clearing fortresses or driving into a superstorm (the latter is particularly great).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Been replaying Witcher 3 because I got the itch again despite beating it on two complete playthroughs already, mostly so I can get a bunch of new wallpapers! I have a better video card now and the game is even more gorgeous that it already was. A mixture of screenshots taken in Steam as well as using Nvidia's Ansel screen capture thing. I think I've avoided any spoilers, sorry if this is too many images!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Das Butterbrot posted:

Blood and Wine also has my favourite incidental NPC line of all time.

"The gods have sent us the BeeeeeeeeeaaaaaAAAAAAAST" etc.

Cracks me up every single time... that woman deserves a medal, the delivery is spot on.

"I SERVE THE ETERNAL FIRE! :haw:" is my favorite. Guy is REALLY upbeat about his religion :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

Reduced to tears by the majesty of exiting the sewers for the first time and being greeted with the sight of endless possibilities.

Seriously, I recall posting at the time that the game looked almost TOO real, like I was struggling to comprehend that what I was seeing wasn't actually real :cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beastie posted:

What dragged it down were the load times masquerading as cut scenes.

Yeah the gameplay was great but every five seconds/3 steps it would turn into another interminably long cutscene/bit of narration which just destroyed any replay value it might have had.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kanfy posted:

Turns out they also made a sequel to Dark Souls, and the absolute madmen called it Dark Souls 2!

Bearer seek seek lest

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

No you don't understand, it's bad when Steam has any attempt at competition.

Nah, I'm just lazy and like having everything immediately accessible through a single client without having to remember more passwords/e-mail accounts, or having to set up non-Steam links which open other clients that I then have to log into as well.

I also used to object on the basis that the other clients were just an excuse to crank up the price through regional pricing bullshit, but Steam does that now as well :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I've basically finished up everything I can do in Hitman and I am horrified that it might not get a second season, it's so loving good/fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I've played Blood Money and I prefer Hitman 2016, it finally surpassed that game for me (Blood Money still rules).

Contracts has aged horribly :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The great thing about Dark Souls is that players are able to drop messages detailing important information and pointing you in the direction of things you would otherwise completely miss.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beastie posted:

Shadow of Mordor

I just wanted to say I love this picture a whole lot. That Orc's "What the fuccccck....?" face is beautiful.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Randallteal posted:

Been replaying The Witcher 3 in 4k, and I found myself stopping all the time to admire how rich and beautiful the texture details are on clothes, objects and environments. So many things you'll see once look like a lifetime of work has been put into them.

Post more as you make them, please, I can never have enough Witcher 3 wallpapers in my rotation :swoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shadow of War's orcs are a little more verbose than Shadow of Mordor's, but they're still so much fun :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Scalding Coffee posted:

They have such good VA.

I sometimes think they're slightly too intelligent, but the writing is too much fun to really want to complain about it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man I'm really digging the art style for Hollow Knight, it's so simple but so pretty. Game is fun too!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 13, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Suddenly that much maligned,"My face hurts.." line makes a lot more sense.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yakuza 0 can get pretty intense at times, so it's nice to take a break every so often and chill out just doing some casual fishing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

After all that relaxation though, if you want to really ride the line and get the blood pumping with tension and stress, you play Mahjong:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I picked up from the context of his appearances in the game that it was probably foreshadowing for future games. Can't wait till they release on PC :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddammit, this reminds me I have to get around to playing Origins.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lobok posted:

You on your way to see a dead body?

Who told you you had a fat one, Lobok? :xd:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Letting off a little steam in Hitman 2 inbetween Silent Assassin, Suit Only missions:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

owl_pellet posted:

Haha I have my own version of this:

That's where I finished off the last stragglers, haha.

FutonForensic posted:

I played Oblivion with Oblivion Reloaded and Simple ENB, along with weather and flora overhauls taken piecemeal from this modlist. Sorry for the Discord overlay.

Man I still remember seeing the initial screenshots of Oblivion and thinking gaming graphics had peaked and could never possibly get any better :sweatdrop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yakuza Kiwami is out on PC at last and I'm having a blast just loving about doing substories before jumping into the main story, and it's so much goddamn fun.

Here's to PC releases of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 to come!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Give me all the Yakuza remasters, Sega :shepspends:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Playing Yakuza Kiwami, Goro Majima showed up and told me to hit him with my best shot. So I did!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kiwami 2 is out :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

While I'm tearing my hair out trying to get that loving moose antler to finish upgrading the camp, I have at least been reminded that Red Dead Redemption 2 is very, very pretty.