Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Talmonis posted:

Are the reports that Trump got a higher number of Black and Latino voters than Romney true? If so, what the hell happened?

Not from what I'm seeing. It looks like white folks (men and women!) All broke for Trump.

If that's the case, than yes, this election was about white supremacy plain and simple.

this election was about white supremacy plain and simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I also want to add that I'm seeing a lot people saying "WHY DIDN'T MINORITIES SAVE US FROM OURSELVES"

Which is bullshit, because gently caress you, instead of telling your racist kin to gently caress off at Thanksgiving you just came here and posted "welp that's my family can't sever because that'd make me an rear end in a top hat" or "can't sever because what if I get excluded from *insert racist group here*".

Y'all had 100+ years to tell your kin to gently caress off and you didn't, and this is what your hand wringing about lower class white "economic anxiety" got you

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

narm00 posted:

According to NBC, Trump did better than Romney among blacks and Latin@s by a couple of percent for both groups.

That's crazy!!!

i can't believe white supremacy can affect minority groups.

except, I can, based on anything I've ever posted

it's almost like the gop tried to play black folks, lant@s, and asians against each other (and muslims) and it worked

now tell me how it wasn't about white supremacy again.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 9, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Okay, I know we're about as rare as I-don't-actually-have-a-good-comparison-for-this-but-pretend-one-is-here, but what about those of us that *have* severed contact with family over this and who *did* vote for Hillary/against Trump (same thing really, gently caress everyone that "protest-voted" for third-party/mickey mouse/whatever)?

You are fine, no one is talking about you.

OwlFancier posted:

Are you saying this in terms of design, or in terms of the individual voters?

Because I don't entirely see how a latinx person voting to gently caress over black people is white supremacy? Even if the person contriving to get them to do that is doing so because they're a huge white supremacist.

So by design, yes, individually, I don't follow?

HAHAHAHHAHA. Excuse me while I laugh so hard I become the Joker.

Are you kidding me? like I honestly don't know how to answer because I don't know if you are genuinely asking out of ignorance or trolling. if you are being genuine pm me because I have (very personal experiences) such sights to show you.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

7, I believe. Reforming the reporting system has been discussed a lot as part of the rebuilt forums code, and I assume it will be in there, but I don't know any of the details and it's still a long way out. Mods aren't fond of it either, for all of those reasons. The reason there's a limit is basically because there is a reports forum, and every report is a new thread created automatically in that forum. It means allowing a ton of reports would be super abusable. That's why I've always preferred having a poster PM me to be like "heads up, someone's making GBS threads up this thread" or "thread's getting lovely, starting on page XXX." But it's not a great system. Most forums don't need a ton of reports anyway, but when things go south in D&D they tend to do so quickly and loudly and persistently.

this is actually really interesting, thank you for explaining.

I know I keep harping on transparency, and I don't think yall should have to repeat yourselves 10,000 times but knowing stuff like this is very helpful, especially in the ways I think we should approach changing SA for the better

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

I will say that, as a white guy, it took me a long time to understand things like internalized racism/misogyny/homophobia, let alone the complexities of race relations between different minorities. When the world is always presented to you as "white" or "minority," it can come as a huge surprise - and it takes a little bit to understand.

Yeah thats one of the reasons I was confused. It was either genuine ignorance (which is why I suggested PMs) or nonsense.

Despite what white racists think is going on (again by my pms) I'm not about to jump the gun if I don't know what's going on.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

If I'm missing something very obvious to you then I would appreciate an explanation because I feel like "I vote for this thing that empowers white people because I am white and like being more powerful than not white people" and "I vote for this thing that empowers white people and fucks me over because I am not white but I hate this other not white person" are different things.

Like they have the same effect but in terms of individual motivation they seem like they'd be different.

anything that promotes, establishes and entrenches white supremacy is white supremacy.

manufacturing reasons for other minorities and poor whites to fight among themselves so whites can swoop in and do (whatever) is like White Supremacy 101. It's the first thing they teach you.

Talmonis posted:

I'm still new to this part. I have a lot of good black and latina women in my life who I work for and with and none of them show that kind of awful garbage. But then, I live in MD., which I'm thankful didn't fail us all like PA did (My congressman and my Senator both won their elections).

:smith: Jesus.

You are very lucky! But this doesn't mean that the black & latina women in your life are unicorns. it just means they are good people.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

negromancer posted:

If someone comes in here to justify how they voted for an open white supremacist, their post will get reported and they will be asked to leave the thread in no uncertain terms.

The arguments have been made consistently over the past years as to why they shouldn't have voted for Trump. I'm not interested in a discussion with them except for where they would like to meet up so I can beat some sense into them.

Also, there are white passing Latin@ that absolutely voted for Trump because they KNOW they are white passing and therefore exempt from the hurtful policies.
yeah if you come here or the misogynoir thread trying to defend your vote, get hosed.

Unless you are crawling to m, hat in had, explaining your dumbass vote, and why you regret your dumbass vote, don't even loving bother.

In my opinion exclaiming that you voted Trump is at least glaring approval of racism and sexism and I refuse to deal with that poo poo.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Wouldn't that just leave the status quo of them voting for Trump in the next election, though? Im more asking what the methods are for having Trump not win again 4 years from now, for personal use.

Anyone you know who voted Trump should be cut out from your life.

I'm not trying to say "well people who disagree with me politically should he punished" but I do believe people who are endorsed by the literal KKK should be ostracized.

There's a reason the KKK collapsed after Superman mocked them.

This election should've repudiated racist beliefs but it endorsed them instead.

white racists are not going to give a gently caress about their racism until more white people start mocking them.

Full stop.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Race Realists posted:

They WERE mocked.

Look at where we are.

all that ended up happening was them yelling ":qq:REVERSE RACISM/CULTRUAL MARKISUM:qq:" and them completely missing the loving point

Lol if you think a few people saying "hey that's lovely" equals what should've been the reaction to Trump campaign.

Also lol if you think "wow he's a clown" is in any way equal to the the electoral teardown he should have got. (Which would've been more whites coming out against him. And there is the problem, not enough whites voting against him, I wonder why??)

White people failed you. I'm sorry, but take it from me, you'll get used to it

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Control Volume posted:

More white people mocked white racists the entire leadup into this election and it ended in a trump victory that broke almost every polling model from how much of an upset it was, and all the personal ostracization I've seen as a third party to the conversation just leads to severing ties without a change in political stance. I've personally used mockery as more catharsis than anything and never considered it to progress anything other than my mental health. Saying its the only tool that works seems like a dubious claim when heavily increased usage of that tool didn't stop a trump victory.

Is there data from recent years (post 2000) to back mockery up? Is there some sort of artform to mockery that I'm missing that changes it from ineffectual and alienating to a tool that embarrasses the other party?

No.

here is the loving problem. You are confusing "other whites mocked people for their racism (at all)" with what I am saying.

Sam Bee and Seth Meyers and John Oliver calling people out Is not the same as white people voting down white supremacy unilaterally.

that poo poo is on you

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

negromancer posted:

That's the America Trump voters want to bring back.

This.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Morby posted:

My grandma worked the precincts from 6AM until 9PM. When I called her today, I could barely do anything but just cry. I hate that this type of racism is plain as day once again. She's 87. She's seen enough of it.

it might seem hollow but this is loving right.

My grandma just told me a story about how one of her bosses made her her co-worker commit suicide. I can't express the pain I felt listening to (a story so hosed up that a sheltered white woman in the early 60s knew it was hosed up and tried to call the loving feds!!) tell me this racist rear end story.

You can say, well John Oliver etc,told Trump about himself so clearly.. BLAAAAAAAAAAAAH but no.

POC know what this was about.

And we'll still know when you're trying to blame us for not saving you from your dumb loving selves. This election was about white supremacy. White supremacy won. End of story.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Remulak posted:

All the 'not racist' people that didn't vote in all those states that were so close. Clinton wasn't perfect, but Jesus loving Christ, they all stood by and let this happen.

Yep. They emboldened WS, ehich is kinda my point.

Also gently caress Gfsincere for running away and leaving me here :(

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I'm sorry idk if this a joke or not anymore..

If it's not though..

Actually, all racists the chevrons are locked please go away and we'll bury our gate.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

drat it gf, didn't you know that you were my only last bastion against racism!? Fuuuuck

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Race Realists posted:

nice to know the mods dont give a poo poo about what redtitles retards give out :v:

They're just happy we are contained tbh

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

The election thread is a loving cancer.

When white folks started saying that the DNC needs to abandon anti racism as a platform to appeal to racist whites I dipped the gently caress out. Is it still that bad?

I think I posted this before but this image is one of the few things getting me through these trying times as a queer black Jew who's country does not want or love her in any way:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

negromancer posted:

Now we got ones arguing that we should not, in fact arm ourselves in a country that has pretty much told us we will receive no protection from the State from armed racists.

Hahaha, yes black people need to stay silent and available for abuse at the hands of whites at all loving times.

Talmonis posted:

I'm wondering if they're going to stick around long, or if they'll slither back to GBS when they're done gloating.

This is just the beginning. Remember how the forums shifted after Romney/McCain? The good posters with not horrific opinions, who donated money to fight sexual assault are being banned. They are emboldened. They will be this way for a long time

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rexicon1 posted:

People are responsible for their beliefs and actions. If their rationale informs their actions then they are rational actors. Just because their reasons are stupid doesn't exonerate them from being reasoning people.

We have asked you many times. I will ask politely for the last loving time.

Please go.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Nov 13, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

yeah I'm not loving shocked that fragile rear end white people are blaming black folks for their own oppression.

it's our loving fault for being uppity.

and for anyone in doubt thats 100% absolutely what the text conveys and I can guess 100% who loving bought it you thin skinned glass boned moron.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Forceholy posted:

White people want to be black? How do?

this is a motherfucking joke right.

there have been movies made about this.

there are literal women augmenting their bodies RIGHT NOW to look like black owmen without the baggage of being black.

you have fashion magazines pionerring people like Kylie Jenner and Katy Perry for using trends that black women have used for years and "inventing them"

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Panzeh posted:

Honestly y'all don't need to be in a coalition if you have no understanding of marxism-leninism or the way you sold out the communist party in the 50s.

define "ya'll" here

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

negromancer posted:

Y'all = "you people"

I honestly couldn't tell if he meant black people or not which is why I was asking before I blew his poo poo up

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Quit doubling down! What the gently caress is wrong with you? Why can't you loving get this? I believe you that you can't see the problem. But there is one, and you need to have enough fundamental respect for other people to believe it exists. Stop loving making it worse! Shut up and loving learn so maybe you will be less of a godawful misogynist tomorrow.

gently caress.

He does not want to learn. He is another dumb privileged male hiding behind his dumb preferences a known code for racism and misogyny then crying about why he can't get a loving date.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Black Sunday Best clothes are the loving best. It's uniquely us and as far as I know one of the few things white people have not appropriated. yet.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

there wolf posted:

Is Black Sunday Best clothes a specific style? I'm thinking the hats specifically. Whenever there's an Ascot or Royal wedding and white people start fawning over the hats/fascinators I always roll my eyes because it's not like black women haven't been keeping the awesome hat game going every Sunday for decades now.

Check this out: http://megachurchsuits.com

waffles beyond waffles posted:

I am not black, nor religious, but I kind of want to go to a local church just for the music (famous steel guitar players I heard about on American Roots). I would feel incredibly awkward showing up in my jeans and a t-shirt.

Hit up that link and get you some clothes cuz

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Something like that happened to me. I had issues as a teenager with anxiety and depression. Was diagnosed as having Oppositional Defiant Disorder and Borderline personality disorder. Later on I found another doctor. He said I was misdiagnosed and I had GAD, and probably bi-polar disorder. The difference between them? My new doctor has 3 black children of various ages and didn't jump the gun when getting to know me and my feelings, actions and problems.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Bannon is a literal white supremacist. You need to tell that person they he is a white supremacist and if they continue him and therefore white supremacy, you will cut them out of your life. When they continue to support a white supremacist you need to cut them the gently caress out of your life. Would you like to read that racist tree parable?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Here's another thing I hate, whites/liberals/etc keep saying "We've gotten through everything, we'll get from this"

But what they don't understand or willfully ignore is that not all of us got through it. People were killed. And they will continue to be killed. Jut because the country "made it" and you exist doesn't mean that many people weren't lost.

There's been a huge spike in violence. There will still be violence. This streak of white supremacy will only fester until it's crushed. And it must be crushed.

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 18, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm sorry if that's what you thought I was trying to say KM, that's not how I meant it.

I'll see myself out. :smith:

Oh no that wasn't you. It mostly a response to Tom Hank's dumbass speech.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Morby posted:

Kanye lost his mind when his mom died. You'll never convince me otherwise.

Same, honestly.

This is probably why he and Jay don't hang out no more.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Dexo posted:

Well I mean that and the fact Bey hates to be in the same general vicinity as Kim Kardashian.

Haha, I forgot Kim was even a thing. But I don't blame Bey.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

McCloud posted:

Sure as hell wasn't good either.

Dat Waller tho :allears:

Viola Davis is a national treasure.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

mrfreeze posted:

If you are interested in helping to get him the position, I'd strongly suggest reaching out to your state's dem progressive caucus assuming they exist where you are. At least here in Michigan, we are planning to rally at the meeting where they are selecting our dnc members, To make it very clear that they better back him when the time comes to vote in February. Barring some major grassroots upsurge for Martin O Malley or Howard Dean, this should be an easy win for us.

Hey I'm in MI can you PM me about the DNC meetings and any activity around Detroit and the metro area?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I heard Kanye was put under observation for his erratic behavior. Undiagnosed mental illness? It would explain the erratic behavior at his concert.

His mother said he was diagnosed bi-polar. He had an episode after his mom died and I'd guess this break was caused by the stress of Kim's robbery and working 24/7. It definitely seems like he was having a manic episode. And I am very familiar with those.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

A perfect example of this is how many white people thought Rhianna's "Work" was just nonsense syllables. Saw one youtube teen covering it say "I wrote some real lyrics for Work!"

I saw that video. I was loving pissed.

Also Work is my jam. Suck it yts.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

negromancer posted:

I'm betting dollars to donuts that black people raised in the suburbs isolated from other black people don't suddenly opt to live in a majority black neighborhoods or attend HBCUs.

I literally did this.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

negromancer posted:

It's pretty rare. People follow their friends and family, and more importantly, their socioeconomic class.

I get it but it was my (white) grandmother that moved me into a black middle class neighborhood. I'm grateful for it.

I think it can go both ways. I was isolated in upper middle class white suburbia except for when I visited certain family members, got my hair done etc. It was really nice to move to a place where it was 90% black folks. I was briefly a cheerleader at my (white) middle school but that was the closest i ever got to fitting on.

(Even though I still didn't fit in completely when I moved because I was 13 and going through an emo/scene phase. I still managed to be semi popular at least.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Did he do the one where they went into the silver age comic universe?

That was Legends, written by Kreisberg iirc. You know it was him because much like how Stein tells Jax to "use his natural athleticism", (except without the hint of irony) it involves the white characters telling Jon Stewart he's "one of the good ones" or something like that

• Locked thread