Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
brexit?
colombia?
trump?

maybe voting for stuff is not the way to go for the 21 century. thoughts on any new forms of government? perhaps we should give one of those older forms of govt another go?

i was going to make this a poll thread but i think we should all know by now that is a retarded idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i vote that 1+1 should equal 3

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I think voting is okay as long as the best man wins.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Dirty country plebs vote and look what happens. Only those with college degrees should vote.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

agreed.

someone should be in charge who gets to decide if the vote is "good" and that the result stands. like a king or something.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

imo the major issues are voter apathy (e.g brexit), and voter education/understanding of political process.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Someone's gotta get to work on that benevolent dictatorial AI.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

El Generico posted:

Someone's gotta get to work on that benevolent dictatorial AI.

Vote Skynet!

It's the only thing on the ballot

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Lol

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'd vote for a robot president. Turns out people are kinda poo poo, who'd a thought

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Goons are wrong about TV shows, videogames, comic books, and presidential elections.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Looks like SJW's lost and gamergate won, nerds :twisted:

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

other people posted:

agreed.

someone should be in charge who gets to decide if the vote is "good" and that the result stands. like a king or something.

this is the funniest loving thing i have read in recent memory

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
we should do it like ancient Athens. all important government jobs are given out at random by lottery. also if you are unpopular you can be banished by popular vote

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Are you against voting because your candidate didn't win? That's a pretty poor attitude to have OP

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
not because their candidate didn't win, but because we have all lost

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
cage match: all candidates must do their best nicolas cage impersonation, and nicolas cage will select the best performer in a blind audition. audience votes count for 50% (sms fees may apply) but nicolas cage will also have one "save" he can use at any time. rounds continue until only one candidate is left. that candidate is then shot, and nicolas cage becomes president for life.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

trump agrees...

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

We technically have this. The electorates are not required to vote with the will of the people. It will never happen though, and it would cause an uprising.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The U.S. should try democracy. So far, only about half of America's adult citizens bother to vote.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
what you guys need is the preferential voting system Australia has, which allows us to number our preferences. that way we can vote #1 against our first preference and if they don't win then that vote gets transferred to whoever we marked as our second preference (and so on until you're out of candidates). every vote actually counts.

oh and make voting mandatory instead of actively trying to exclude entire swathes of the nation from voting that too.

democracy and voting isn't the problem, the american version of it is.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Poetic Justice posted:

Looks like SJW's lost and gamergate won, nerds :twisted:

i hope jim sterrling and moviebob are the first to go to death camp, maybe they will lose wright those fat fucks.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
People are too stupid to vote

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
The good idea is a ladder system not this one vote garbage that gives the two party system.

SleuthDiplomacy
Sep 25, 2010
we should just have kings

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Luckily the God Emperor Trump will end such heretical practices and we shall endure under his dominion for all time.

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011

SleuthDiplomacy posted:

we should just have kings

we did for like 35+ years, they just traded the crown around to their buddies.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bag em and tag em posted:

Luckily the God Emperor Trump will end such heretical practices and we shall endure under his dominion for all time.

This, this is how we realize WH40k

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

this is my favorite post election thread title

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Lol, like what if WH40k wasn't actually a board game but actual military strategy simulation of the distant future and the mythos of that IP is actually history books.

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."
Make voting a national holiday or move it to the weekend. Who actually stands in for 4 hours to vote on a Tuesday besides old people?

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

other people posted:

i was going to make this a poll thread but i think we should all know by now that is a retarded idea

goku is a perfectly valid form of government and i won't hear anything to the contrary

David Bowie Knife
May 22, 2010

KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME
:suicide::suicide::suicide:
KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME KILLMEME

GuitarJunkie posted:

Make voting a national holiday or move it to the weekend. Who actually stands in for 4 hours to vote on a Tuesday besides old people?
More people should early/absentee vote. That poo poo is easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The Wizard of Poz posted:

what you guys need is the preferential voting system Australia has, which allows us to number our preferences. that way we can vote #1 against our first preference and if they don't win then that vote gets transferred to whoever we marked as our second preference (and so on until you're out of candidates). every vote actually counts.

oh and make voting mandatory instead of actively trying to exclude entire swathes of the nation from voting that too.

democracy and voting isn't the problem, the american version of it is.
I've been telling people about referential voting for a while, it would have solved so many problems this cycle. I really hope the news, or someone else with a voice starts talking about it. I don't think voting should be mandatory though, we need more informed voters, not just more voters.

• Locked thread