Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"The true believers of Trump dont actually control the machinery" Yeah just two of 3 branches of government and a soon to be SCOTUS majority :rolleye:

Anyone who doesnt take anything Trump says deadly seriously at this point is a loving idiot. Trump can do anything he wants to do with a united government and you dumb fucks saying he is going to get stabbed in the back are going to keep saying that poo poo as he starts deportations and clamping down press freedoms, nodding to yourselves, as you hear the Goldshirts knocking at your doors.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Nov 14, 2016

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

yeah seriously we're talking about maybe the loss of gay marriage, and that's only if another justice dies. poo poo's going to be hosed on the economic front but no one is getting purged by browncoats

lol @ this post

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

There's a difference between people who think Trump is useful and a true believer.

Who gives a gently caress about those people or what they think? Not Donald Trump - Donald Trump

Donald Trump is the loving Commander in Chief, and every Republican not named Lindsay Graham is ready to gargle Trump's balls on every policy whim that pops into his head. I can't wait to see how quickly the first Republican who opposes him publicly post-inauguration gets destroyed.

I really cannot believe the complacency of anyone about Trump, not least anyone who supported Hillary.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

sd6 posted:

Bannon is an rear end in a top hat for sure but you might want to calm down a bit man. This sounds like Obama marching white people into FEMA camps level of crazy paranoia

If you calm down over Bannon's appointment or anything about a Trump presidency, you are objectively a loving idiot.

Nobody is being a pollyanna for rightly pointing out that the appointment of white nationalist racists to the highest offices in the country is frightening and raises serious questions about the future of America.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Boon posted:

Oh my god I can almost feel the smug oozing out of this post

i think bernie supporters have earned a right to be smug at this point all things considered lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

zegermans posted:

Why, they lost to a loser, making them double losers.

Nah, "they" had the better candidate lose to internal party collusion which, later exposed, also helped to seal the Democrats defeat in the general, so yes, some smug is warranted.

The irony of the DNC colluding in Hillary's nomination only for her to lose to the least qualified candidate in American history is pretty loving rich, imo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
^^ Yes, Donna Brazile leaked her debate questions, which is loving ludicrous for a candidate as prepared as Hillary

Bip Roberts posted:

No one colluded against Bernie you dope.

i mean do you want me to quote WaPo, the NYT, Rolling Stone, the Guardian, or

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Oh, sorry, I forgot the definition of collusion is an email literally stating "we're literally colluding against Bernie Sanders to give the nomination to Hillary", instead of the extensive evidence of the party's officials working to undermine his campaign and highlight his faith as a negative point lmao

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Anyway it's water under a bridge in New Jersey at this point.

How about that latest Trump tweet and the upcoming devastation of our healthcare system and regulatory environment? Lookin' good!

I read something yesterday that we're now basically locked into 10+ feet of sea level rise, possibly more, depending on how quickly the Antarctic/Greenland ice sheets melt. It's gonna be a terrifying next 50 years.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Everything about the Clinton campaign is terrible, 2008-2016.

Trump is going to loving suck, but now more than ever it underscores how badly Democrats need to get away from party holdovers of the 90s and early 2000s.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah like i'm going to look at a campaign of a man that couldn't beat Hilary Clinton in the primary and immediately bent the knee to Donald Trump after the election ended. :v:

Seriously do you actually have a plan or are you just going to continue to be vague. What about Sanders' campaign serves as a roadmap for going forward?

(edited out some unnecessary harshness)

The fact that he would have beaten Donald Trump in the general election?

Or, more realistically: not saddled with the Mount Everest-sized hubris of the Clinton campaign still working off lovely focus group lines and dealing with the litany of scandals (both real and fabricated by Republicans), Bernie would have at least won loving Michigan and Wisconsin, if not PA, OH and FL.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 30, 2016

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Angry_Ed posted:

Nice of you to grace us with a visit from the Mirror Universe. Tell me, does Donald Trump have a goatee?

Since the general election was not (and probably never will be) between Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump, it is impossible for that to be a fact.

You asked for a roadmap, Bernie's campaign epitomized how the Democrats need to run future campaigns to win.

They need to focus more on tackling economic disparity (which will be even worse in 2018 and 2020), true healthcare reform (single payer), reducing the cost of higher education, hammering Republicans on voter suppression, expanding earned benefit programs and promotion of long-term national investment in the sciences and infrastructure.

shrike82 posted:

I'm late to the party but the fact that we have to relitigate the fact that Obama is a lovely rear end neoliberal president with people like Angry Ed every 20 pages is a sign that the DNC wing hasn't learnt anything.

How do you defend Obamas retarded Grand Bargain where he preemptively offered a slew of massive entitlement cuts on Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security in an effort to look bipartisan.

Also this.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
If this thread is anything to go by, that will only be true because Democrats refuse to embrace and offer a true alternative to Republicans.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Tell me, what is the "moderate part" of the Democratic party?

If you're referring to dumping the parts that continue to roll over on things like a living wage, single payer, sane immigration policy, and climate change policy then yeah, sorry, moderates raus

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

People like you want to completely alienate 1/4-1/3 of the democrat voters who are moderates and don't want FULL COMMUNISM NOW, but who also don't agree with the GOP.

Hint: The Democrats cannot win an election if they lose 1/4 of their current voters.

The Democrats aren't winning elections now :cripes:

Obama was a backlash against the incompetence of W., Democrats have been losing where it counts (local and state elections) for the last 25 years.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

shrike82 posted:

I'd like to ask these so-called "moderates" to explain the Grand Bargain

something something have to raise the debt ceiling something something compromise something reaching across the aisle

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Doccers posted:

Just to test the waters here, what are the thoughts on John Hickenlooper running for 2020?

Jesus christ no. Hick was a decent mayor and has been an ok governor but he's definitely not someone I want on a national level

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I wonder if Hillary will reach a 3 million vote lead in the popular vote. Jesus Christ that's nuts.

Why, that's more than 5 Wyomings!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I complained about her but still voted for her. Trump won because Hillary was a garbage candidate under FBI investigation who ran a lovely campaign full of hubris and complacency.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
“For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”

larf

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Spacebump posted:

That was kneecapped at the very end by the FBI releasing a letter. Both campaign data teams have cited the last Comey letter as when their numbers started changing in favor of Trump.

Sure if she wasn't under investigation that couldn't have happened, but it shouldn't be ignored.

Oh, James Comey's letter absolutely hosed her and probably accounted for as much as a 0.5%-1.0% difference in voter participation/totals in a lot of states.

My point is that against someone like Donald Trump it shouldn't even have been that loving close. But it was, even though Clinton and co. just blithely assumed their invulnerability in WI/MI/PA. WHOOPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

SaTaMaS posted:

It's getting really hard to tell who is being super ironic and who is just completely insane

Uh, what's wrong with that post, other than hoping Obama will be poo poo on harder than Carter (he will be)?

• Locked thread