Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
What do you now if you vote democrat? What are the constructive steps moving forward? Asking for a friend because I'm not a race-traitor yes I am, I hid this text behind a black bar so that no Trump voters will see my secret message, but seriously, what in christ's name do we do now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I really hope Obama becomes the Grand Patriarch of the Democratic Party for the next 30 years. I say this because I'm starting to feel confident that all the gains he made as president are going to go away (tho Trump is walking back healthcare stuff now apparently? So who knows, maybe Trump will be Obama 2.0 because it'll be too boring for Trump to pay attention)

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I have been so wrong about things this election that the great electoral revolt of 2016 is now a "hm, well, maybe, guess I'll find out when it happens lol" instead of "no way that'll happen; there's no precedent for it!"

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Glazier posted:

Suicide is looking better and better

Can't believe our country is legalizing nation-assisted mass-suicide.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

readingatwork posted:

I'm 99% sure she's just doing it to be polite (and avoid prosecution maybe?) and actually hates him in private, but it still pisses me off. poo poo like this is why I don't regret voting third party this year.

Man, if you're from Pennsylvania I might be a little peeved with you fam.

But if you're from Kentucky (like me), god bless, toss your vote however you want.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Will Gonzalo Curiel be the man to save America? That would be the coolest.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Don't count out the nukes! We're only one "I'm not touching you" away from North Korea getting glassed.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

HorseRenoir posted:

Trump's entire appeal is being the powerful bully that his supporters can live vicariously though, and being a whiny bitch on Twitter over the tiniest things damages the strongman image he's trying to cultivate and sell to the American people. We live in a post-facts world and image is everything, needling him like this for four years would do way more damage to his image and psyche than any investigative journalism would.

I don't think his supporters will respond with disappointment. Maybe a few, but the most will see him as standing up to these liberal, PC thugs. He's strong when he gets people to capitulate to him, he's strong when he points out how protestors are paid for actors, he's strong when he says Hamilton should apologize for their egregious comment to the president-elect.

The common sense sort of voter who supported Obama and now Trump are not going to hear about these twitter outbursts or care about them. His hardcore supporters will support him no matter what. The exception, I think, would be when he says another country's going to do one thing and then they proceed to undermine him entirely. He's already been played a fool by Ford (or fooled himself), but nobody will care about that.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
What would the optics be for a Democrat who is offered a position in the new administration to publicly reject it?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

CelestialScribe posted:

Two weeks in and nuclear runmbling is already happening.

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/800132565533278208

My greatest fear is regional nuclear conflict. It seems like the ultimate no-turning-back scenario. I also feel like there's nothing I can do other than hope it doesn't happen. I'm not aware of actual steps I can take to work against it. We're going to be living in the loving Watchmen universe.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Condiv posted:

so, assuming jill stein does uncover voter fraud and hillary becomes pres instead of trump (and we don't have a giant civil war). do the greens start to replace the dems? it's not a good look if your party hides while someone else figures out america was cheated

In this list of things I have a hard time believing could happen, the green party replacing the democratic party is perhaps the most insane.

So idk, maybe?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

FactsAreUseless posted:

Universities are garbage.

This is truth.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

rscott posted:

It speaks a lot about Americans that they relate to the scion of a wealthy family who grafted and schemed his way to a fortune while molesting every woman that caught his eye

Unless the fortune you're talking about is the presidency, Donald Trump has not made a fortune. He could've made more money and failed to do so. That he has maintained his position of wealth and influence despite numerous failures, both financially and morally, helps me understand the meritocracy that is America a lot better.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Eimi posted:

So I have a question about income inequality. Has there been any good study on how bad we are in relation to Rome noted bastion of inequality?

I don't know if this is a real question or not. I would suggest that trying to compare any 21st century nation with the empire of Rome is not the most helpful analysis. You can just look at the 1920s and 30s for a better idea of how things might work out for us if economic trends of inequality continue. That's just me. I'm sure it would make an evocative statement to compare against Bread and Circuses tho, which maybe would get people to see the point one would want to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

GreyjoyBastard posted:

This may come as a surprise, but Black Baby Goku is a trolling shitbag.

:eyepop:

• Locked thread