Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

skooma512 posted:

Stuff like that ultimately drives people towards guys like Trump. You can't just namecall and bully people all the time and expect them to suddenly want to take your side on anything.

As noted above, 52% of Trump voters were women or POC, so I would not be so sure about that. Apparently, name-calling and bullying works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

corn in the bible posted:

what i actually hope the dnc learns is what the gop learned in 2012: pragmatism is boring and nobody wants to vote for it.

The real thing to learn is that boring is boring. Who wants to vote for Policy Nerd Grandma or Weird Uncle Bernie when you can vote for Psycho Donnie? After all, Donnie is perpetually exciting, and therefore in the media's eye 24-7, while Grandma and Uncle are always talking about things like student loan forgiveness and minimum wage. Yawn. And when they're not talking about that, they're talking about Donnie, which gives Donnie free publicity and nothing else. After all, Grandma and Uncle have respectable public personae, so if they do something even mildly bad- or are hinted to do something bad- it's scandalous and bad. But Psycho Donnie's a psycho! If he does something unspeakably horrible- well, that's fine! He's a psycho, psychos do bad things! Deal with it!

In other words, politics is reality TV now, and we brought a boring old lady to a Reality TV audition.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Nessus posted:

I feel the Democratic Party needs to immediately recruit John Cena

That would actually be a pretty good idea.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Nessus posted:

Unknown, counterfactuals are hard to prove.

Especially in a campaign that was so ruled by random events. If the 'grab them by the pussy' tape came out a few weeks later, Hillary could have won easily.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

My chest has been hurting from anxiety since about five last night. I don't think it's gonna stop anytime soon. :smith:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

If you're being serious do you have any preexisting medical conditions?

A few, and now that I think of it a family history of heart disease. Thanks for asking;' I'll make a doctor's appointment today.

I'm not certain, but I think this is definitely working on being the worst day of my life. :smith:

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Please do not get Lowtax investigated by the Secret Service. Again.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

RasperFat posted:

Do what happens if a super pissed judge actually finds Trump jail worth on one of his many lawsuits before January?

Nothing. You can totally hold office from a prison cell in the U.S., and can in fact run for office from there too. So I'd imagine his first act of office would be pardoning himself.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

I feel like even if they did repeal the ACA, there would be a good amount of people who turn on them because we go back to the bad old days of insurance carriers dropping you because they did extensive research and found that you coughed once in a doctors office 30 years ago so therefore you have a pre-existing condition.

Oh, that's not the ACA. That's Obamacare that's denying your heart surgery.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

The only slim upside to this is that the Republicans will take full ownership of whatever happens next.

Yeah, that doesn't happen to Republicans. Remember, there's a not-insignificant number of people who fully believe that Katrina happened under the Obama administration.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

People are antagonized by the message "You are bigoted, because I say so, and I'm smarter than you. Also I'm not going to listen to what you are going to say in response, so don't even bother."

Unless, of course, a leftist says it. In which case you should accept it as the gospel truth.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Captain Oblivious posted:

At what point does this become infantilizing and deny the agency of voters?

Y'know, I've been considering making this post (but snarkier) repeatedly all day. It really seems like a lot of the posters here don't think that the masses have any agency whatsoever, and only political elites have it. If a elite does something, and a group of voters responds, it is the elite whose fault that response is. The masses aren't people, they're a volitionless automaton that inputs words and outputs votes or no votes. It's very odd.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe a message like "Those dirty fat cats took your jobs!" or "I will give you back your jobs!"? I dunno, I'm not a political expert

Okay. They like that, but the other guy is more than promising to give them back their jobs, he's also promising to deport mexicans. They like that more. How do you compete?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

It would be hilarious if the country was 'saved' from a Trump Presidency by a total economic crash brought on by Ted Cruz and the Tea Party deciding they aren't getting enough attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Fojar38 posted:

Yeah, things are bleak because we've hit rock bottom. Only one way to go from rock bottom, friend.

You think this is rock bottom? This is not rock bottom. This is the moment when the floor falls out from under you and you're left clawing at the air as you fall into the darkness. We have no loving idea where rock bottom is, or if we will even survive to reach it. Things can and will get a whole lot worse.

• Locked thread