Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lawrence O'Donnell is going ham on live television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dimon for SecTreas, Giuliani for AG, Palin for Interior, have I missed any other floated nightmare picks?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Doctor Butts posted:

Haha look at the time! It's Republican O'Clock so it's time we started respecting the office of the president again!

O'Donnell went all in on "respect for the office" last night. Paraphrasing: "The office of the president has committed crimes. The office of the president has committed genocide against native peoples. The office of the president has held slaves. 'The office of the president' is a phrase invented by politicians to avoid responsibility for their actions. Respect must be earned, it should not be given to an office or a man that does not deserve it. The office of the president is now occupied by a racist, and he does not deserve respect simply because it's his new office."

He wrote it much better than I've made it sound above. My jaw was open.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I've really been trying hard to stay in denial about Trump's election, plus I've had a lot of family stuff going on these last couple weeks. Wanted to avoid thinking about it for as long as possible, just to kind of let it settle in the back of my mind, otherwise I'd go crazy.

But these cabinet picks are getting to me, and making it way more real. I was actually considering swearing off politics for my own psychological well-being, but it's not like I could avoid the creeping knowledge of all of this.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

i dont know much about Spencer, but as far as Milo goes, hes a transparent clown and all his devotees are passive incels. the best thing to do with Milo is to ignore his flamboyant rear end because even talking about him as dismissively as i am right now is giving him exactly what he wants.

The problem with that is his punchability (for lack of a better word) is so high that it makes it really hard even for a well-adjusted person to ignore him.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hollismason posted:

Counterpoint : Donald Trump is president elect.

I thought reading these words in that order was going to get easier, but it isn't yet.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

In that sense, what is W. Va going to do in 4 years when they realize Trump hasn't brought back coal?

Yell and scream and vote for another Republican.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay but I thought the breakdowns had determined that Dem turnout, or lack thereof, was at least a subdominant factor?

I've seriously been avoiding everything but this thread since shortly after the election, so that's an honest question.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Thanks for those links. What was that book title in the Douglas Adams universe? "THAT JUST ABOUT WRAPS IT UP FOR GOD" or something like that.

I just think back to 2014. Those were simpler times, when "7 reasons Donald Trump Won the Presidential Election" wasn't even a coherent string of words. gently caress me, I'm still in denial and having a hard time busting out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

:staredog:

• Locked thread